What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AB's v Wallabies @ Auckland

ozbash

Referee
Should be a cracker, Cooper to get his beans, Genia to be crippled and the boys to put 50 on the wobblies..

Thomas

First Grade
It'll be a close grind but the AB's with mow down the Wallabies, who will have a lead at halftime, and will win by 5 or less. The Wallabies just don't have the consistency.

Te Kaha

First Grade
NZ haven't got a chance, Wallabies to win 35-10 :cool:

well you were only 40 odd points wrong... but thats about right for you...

It'll be a close grind but the AB's with mow down the Wallabies, who will have a lead at halftime, and will win by 5 or less. The Wallabies just don't have the consistency.

Not close.. the wannabies were beaten in every facet of the game...

Quade Cooper lol

You arent wrong... Pocock wasnt much better...

All Blacks make 7 changes to the team this week and spank the wannabies... the English are looking VERY good for a semi win.

shiznit

Coach
lmfao!! an that rabble is supposed to be our biggest rival in the world cup?? :lol:

im telling you here right now... THE WALLABIES WONT WIN THE WORLD CUP!!

im not saying the all blacks will... but i know for damn sure the wallabies wont.

:lol: @ Quade Cooper V Dan Carter... if this was a boxing fight... the commission would step in and stop Cooper from ever fighting again.

Carter controlled the game perfectly... was absolutely awesome in defence... he made so many important tackles.

Cooper... well... i dont think ive ever seen someone actually scared to go into contact. he was throwing stupid passes because he was scared of being tackled... :lol: that was deadest embarrassing.

shiznit

Coach
lol.... lets see the Aussie hype train now... :lol:

they were talkign themselves up after they won in Hong Kong... when in reality... The All Blacks would have won in Hong Kong last year too if they didnt pull Daniel Carter off when it looked like we had it won.

Stephen Donald wasnt here to save the Wallabies tonight.... :lol:

Thomas

First Grade
Stay classy, kiwis...

The AB's played well. Really well. Their defence won them the game. They weren't that great on attack but took their chances. They forced the Wallabies into making mistakes which is what great teams do. When the Wallabies started getting quick ball they rolled the AB's down the field but then the backs would make a silly mistake and the AB's would punish them for it.

I was happy with the Aussie scrum. Apparently really weak but they held their own. Higginbotham has to start! If O'Connor had nailed those 3 piss-easy kicks and Joubert had called the knock on that led to the AB try to Sivivatu then the score would have been 23-23. Just disappointed that my team didn't show heart when they needed to.

The RWC will be a completely different ball game.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Stay classy, kiwis...

The AB's played well. Really well. Their defence won them the game. They weren't that great on attack but took their chances. They forced the Wallabies into making mistakes which is what great teams do. When the Wallabies started getting quick ball they rolled the AB's down the field but then the backs would make a silly mistake and the AB's would punish them for it.

I was happy with the Aussie scrum. Apparently really weak but they held their own. Higginbotham has to start! If O'Connor had nailed those 3 piss-easy kicks and Joubert had called the knock on that led to the AB try to Sivivatu then the score would have been 23-23. Just disappointed that my team didn't show heart when they needed to.

And had Joubert called all the Aussie forward passes up the wannabies would have been lucky to get on the scoreboard!! Its Rugby Quade not NFL

Thomas

First Grade
Joubert didn't have the best game. He let everything go on the ground. If Pocock wasn't playing tunnel ball it was McCaw doing the flop on the opposition side. I get the feeling the ruck rulings will be a nightmare come RWC time.

How shit was Elsom. I've never rated the guy as a captain and now he's gone right down as a player. Horwill should be the skipper.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Joubert didn't have the best game. He let everything go on the ground. If Pocock wasn't playing tunnel ball it was McCaw doing the flop on the opposition side. I get the feeling the ruck rulings will be a nightmare come RWC time.

How shit was Elsom. I've never rated the guy as a captain and now he's gone right down as a player. Horwill should be the skipper.

time will tell... but i think the time of the pure "fetcher" is passing... McCaw has changed his game.. pocock hasnt... the only time you heard his name was when he was giving away penalties...

shiznit

Coach
Stay classy, kiwis...

give me a break.... you blokes fluke your first win in 10 matches... and all we hear is how the gap is closing... :lol:

from tonight's showing... the gap is as big as its ever been.

i think the time has come to stop worrying about Australia... they are no threat at all.

France, South Africa & England will be our biggest worries.

Australia will be lucky to make it past the 1/4's in the world cup.

Thomas

First Grade
time will tell... but i think the time of the pure "fetcher" is passing... McCaw has changed his game.. pocock hasnt... the only time you heard his name was when he was giving away penalties...

McCaw is bigger and slower than Pocock. He's like another number 8. That's why his game has changed. A pure fetcher will always be needed it's just that the AB defence was immense. They first guy into the ruck really knows how to seal off the ball. Against any other team Pocock would have had a field day.

One of the penalties Pocock 'gave away' was not rolling away from the tackle. At the time he was sandwiched between 2 players and was unable to move. Still, he plays a fine line between cheating and playing fairly...like all good number 7's do. Higginbotham really needs to start. The Wallabies need his physicality.

Te Kaha

First Grade
McCaw is bigger and slower than Pocock. He's like another number 8. That's why his game has changed. A pure fetcher will always be needed it's just that the AB defence was immense. They first guy into the ruck really knows how to seal off the ball. Against any other team Pocock would have had a field day.

One of the penalties Pocock 'gave away' was not rolling away from the tackle. At the time he was sandwiched between 2 players and was unable to move. Still, he plays a fine line between cheating and playing fairly...like all good number 7's do. Higginbotham really needs to start. The Wallabies need his physicality.

Bigger i wil give you... but slower??? you are kidding.. McCaw was in everything, he was all over the park... Pocock was only heard of when he was being pinged...

The openside needs to be more than a fetcher these days... the pure fetcher is dying... and unless pocock changes his game he will be just another pretender in a couple of years...

Parra

Referee
A few things stood out.

1. The AB attitude and defence was impressive. In one way this match reminded me of a state of origin. The AB's were up in the Wallabies faces & smashing them, while in defence the Aussies waited for the kiwis to come to them. The difference in the two sides could be seen right there, right from the start. The counter to this was the inside ball close to the ruck. There was space there when the Wallabies used this play.

2. Aussies yet again cannot kick goals to save themselves. 9 points went begging early & the game was as good as lost there.

3. Aussie scrum was surprisingly competitive & held it's own. The one scrum penalty that conceded points was a Joubert c**k-up. How much of the AB scrum performance will be blamed on Crockett? Aussie front-row went well & the general forwards performance improved when Vickerman & Higginbottom came on.

4. Joubert's refereeing was terrible again. The first penalty against Pocock was wrong & cost 3 points. The ruling at the end of the first half for not releasing was probably right - but as Carter had come in from the side it was a moot point. Penalty should have gone the other way. Penalty at the end of the match against Pocock for diving through when McCaw tackled O'Connor again was after the Kiwi lock had done the same thing and played the ball on the ground. These are just three examples. The gate does not exist for much of the match with Joubert, and then at crucial stages he decides to enforce the rule. At the ruck the idea of last feet is just plain ignored - as long as players enter from behind the ball he deems it OK. This also allowed the AB's to be closer than they should be in defence.

5. The AB's are much, much better at adapting to poor refereeing and exploiting these weaknesses. McCaw is a genius in this regard - which is why he looks genuinely perplexed when after 60 minutes Joubert pings him for an illegal ruck entry.

6. Are the Aussie forwards fit enough? AB's were faster, able to hit harder, and turn up in numbers.

Thomas

First Grade
A few things stood out.

1. The AB attitude and defence was impressive. In one way this match reminded me of a state of origin. The AB's were up in the Wallabies faces & smashing them, while in defence the Aussies waited for the kiwis to come to them. The difference in the two sides could be seen right there, right from the start. The counter to this was the inside ball close to the ruck. There was space there when the Wallabies used this play.

2. Aussies yet again cannot kick goals to save themselves. 9 points went begging early & the game was as good as lost there.

3. Aussie scrum was surprisingly competitive & held it's own. The one scrum penalty that conceded points was a Joubert c**k-up. How much of the AB scrum performance will be blamed on Crockett? Aussie front-row went well & the general forwards performance improved when Vickerman & Higginbottom came on.

4. Joubert's refereeing was terrible again. The first penalty against Pocock was wrong & cost 3 points. The ruling at the end of the first half for not releasing was probably right - but as Carter had come in from the side it was a moot point. Penalty should have gone the other way. Penalty at the end of the match against Pocock for diving through when McCaw tackled O'Connor again was after the Kiwi lock had done the same thing and played the ball on the ground. These are just three examples. The gate does not exist for much of the match with Joubert, and then at crucial stages he decides to enforce the rule. At the ruck the idea of last feet is just plain ignored - as long as players enter from behind the ball he deems it OK. This also allowed the AB's to be closer than they should be in defence.

5. The AB's are much, much better at adapting to poor refereeing and exploiting these weaknesses. McCaw is a genius in this regard - which is why he looks genuinely perplexed when after 60 minutes Joubert pings him for an illegal ruck entry.

6. Are the Aussie forwards fit enough? AB's were faster, able to hit harder, and turn up in numbers.

This is possibly the biggest difference between the 2 teams. McCaw is a much better captain than Elsom and you can see McCaw thinking about what the team can get away with after the first couple of penalties. If the ref is lenient then McCaw will push the boundaries until he gets pinged and then backs off a bit. He plays the refs well...the whole AB pack does.

Latest posts