What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AB's v Wallabies @ Auckland

im not disrespecting anyone... im just saying how i see it... Australia have way too many holes in there game so just aren't up to scratch.

IMO they wont threaten...

not that my opinion matters much anyway!!

i thought the reds weren't anything special and was proved wrong spectacularly.

So am I. IMO the Wallabies are building towards something special. No shame in losing to the AB's. I've already mentioned that we deserved to lose to Samoa but that is no indicator of the RWC. Wallabies to win in Durban and Brisbane...and head to NZ with confidence and the knowledge of leassons learned...

Can't see Wallabies threatening for this World Cup. But in 4 years when players like O'Connor, Genia, Beale and Cooper (If he hasn't come to league) are at their peak it could be their year.

All Blacks will most likely be without more than half of their current team for 2015 so there's no way of knowing the level they will be at.

Thomas

First Grade
In 2003 the All Blacks smashed the shit out of Australia in the first game of the year. Scored 50 points. Made the Aussies look foolish. In the second game of 2003, the All Blacks won a close game. The Aussies had improved.

We all know what happened in the semi-final when the 2 teams met. The Wallaby forwards destroyed the All Blacks. Absolutely prison f**ked them out of the tournament. Just like they did in 1991.

It seems some kiwis have a short memory. You'd think choking hard at the last 3 world cups would have taught them something. You never EVER discount the Wallabies. I distinctly remember you and TK saying the Reds were shit...had shit forwards...were lucky with refs calls...fluked wins...and would never win the S15 tournament.

How wrong you were. It'd be piss funny to see you eat humble pie if you choke at another world cup.

Thomas

First Grade
I mean, I could put up with the arrogance if NZ had won a few world cups but they haven't. They haven't even played in a final since 1995. The pressure in NZ must be immense. Every one is expecting NZ to win the world cup. Imagine if they don't.

I'm certainly not expecting Australia to win it. I think they'll have some tough games and it will be a miracle if they even make it to the final. I actually wouldn't mind if NZ won it. Putting up with the sore winners that most kiwis end up being would be tempered by the fact that Richie McCaw, one of the greatest to play the game, would have finally won a world cup.

Of course, if they don't and they get rolled by France...well, I will laugh heartedly.

Yes France love playing the AB's. They must be licking their lips. I also agree - happy to see McCaw win one. Truth be told, I don't mind losing to them. I just HATE losing to England! Re: 'God help NZ if Dan Carter gets injured', Colin Slade is a very handy replacement...but yes he's not Dan Carter.

African Monkey

First Grade
God help NZ if Dan Carter gets injured. :lol:
he's not even playing in his proper position. they would be a much better team if slade played at 10 and carter played at 2nd five but it'll never happen because the coaches don't have the balls to do which is fair enough.

shiznit

Coach
I mean, I could put up with the arrogance if NZ had won a few world cups but they haven't. They haven't even played in a final since 1995. The pressure in NZ must be immense. Every one is expecting NZ to win the world cup. Imagine if they don't.

I'm certainly not expecting Australia to win it. I think they'll have some tough games and it will be a miracle if they even make it to the final. I actually wouldn't mind if NZ won it. Putting up with the sore winners that most kiwis end up being would be tempered by the fact that Richie McCaw, one of the greatest to play the game, would have finally won a world cup.

Of course, if they don't and they get rolled by France...well, I will laugh heartedly.
lol... of course you'll laugh...

The Wallabies will get knocked out of the world cup by Samoa... but somehow aussies will claim some sort of victory if NZ doesn't win it... :lol:

ill tell you exactly what the difference between NZ and Australia is in rugby... the whole reason why we are miles better than you are...

Australia are happy with being good for a 2 month period every 4 years.... you think that 'Peaking' for 3 games in a row once every 4 years somehow makes up for diabolical showings every other year.

NZ aren't happy unless we are the best every time we take the field. The All Blacks need to be 'Peaking' every time they walk on the field.

losing 10 out of 11 to Australia and then pulling out a fluke win in a world cup tournament maybe good enough for Australians... but that shit doesn't slide with NZ Rugby fans.

We expect perfection... which is why we expect this All Black side to get even better...

the only thing Australian fans can cling to is somehow NZ will fail... :lol:

what a sad life you live... :lol:

shiznit

Coach
Yes France love playing the AB's. They must be licking their lips. I also agree - happy to see McCaw win one. Truth be told, I don't mind losing to them. I just HATE losing to England! Re: 'God help NZ if Dan Carter gets injured', Colin Slade is a very handy replacement...but yes he's not Dan Carter.
errr... let me remind you... our world cup win was against the french.

shiznit

Coach
God help NZ if Dan Carter gets injured. :lol:
i dont know what your laughing about... we have miles more depth than you... :lol:

or have you already forgotten your second stringers effort against Samoa?? :lol:

and even then... when you have no injury problems you have far more problems at first five than we do...

Quade Cooper was too scared to get tackled so he started throwing forward passes away.... and Matt Giteau cant handle the might of Samoa...

Colin Slade would be your starting 10 if he was unfortunate enough to be Australian... mind you... looking at Cooper, you dont even need to be Australian these days to get a run with your mob.

and heres a thought for you nimrod... Heaven forbid Will Genia doesnt get injured... because without him... you guys would be lucky to get past Romania... :lol:

Te Kaha

First Grade
In 2003 the All Blacks smashed the shit out of Australia in the first game of the year. Scored 50 points. Made the Aussies look foolish. In the second game of 2003, the All Blacks won a close game. The Aussies had improved.

We all know what happened in the semi-final when the 2 teams met. The Wallaby forwards destroyed the All Blacks. Absolutely prison f**ked them out of the tournament. Just like they did in 1991.

It seems some kiwis have a short memory. You'd think choking hard at the last 3 world cups would have taught them something. You never EVER discount the Wallabies. I distinctly remember you and TK saying the Reds were shit...had shit forwards...were lucky with refs calls...fluked wins...and would never win the S15 tournament.

How wrong you were. It'd be piss funny to see you eat humble pie if you choke at another world cup.

Come on... you dont need to make up shit..... the reason we lost in 2003 was one simple thing.. we had assistant coach with too much power who thought one of his fan boys could play centre... That coach directly cost us that game... that same coach who doesnt know how to use a reserves bench... is a good motivator, but doesnt seem to learn how to change a game plan... guess whose team he is coaching now.... and as for the reds.. they did well not to choke against a team that had no home and traveled 100 kms in a season and had played in 3 countries in 3 weeks.... but credit to them, they were the better team on the day.

The All Blacks at home are a different team... of course Aussie wont have to worry about that.. they are gping to lose to Engand in the Semis.

Everything else aside, the AB's have all the pressure on them o win this RWC. Home ground advantage will be a huge factor so there really won't be any excuses if you don't win. I pray for a AB v Wallabies final although I'm grounded enough to know that we will be doing extremely well to make it that far. England are our biggest hurdle. If Palu and Genia aren't fit and playing then we're merely making up the numbers in my opinion. I'm also aware of the fact that the AB's have a habit of choking in World Cups. Whether you care to admit it or not, it must be aconcern for you Te Kaha and shiznit. The weight of a nation's expectations is huge load to carry and there are a few teams out there who are capable of shattering your dreams (ie. France, Ireland, South Africa, England and possibly the Wallabies). Confidence and optimism is one thing but it can work against you if you try to go from A to C without going through B. Game on!

Te Kaha

First Grade
Everything else aside, the AB's have all the pressure on them o win this RWC. Home ground advantage will be a huge factor so there really won't be any excuses if you don't win. I pray for a AB v Wallabies final although I'm grounded enough to know that we will be doing extremely well to make it that far. England are our biggest hurdle. If Palu and Genia aren't fit and playing then we're merely making up the numbers in my opinion. I'm also aware of the fact that the AB's have a habit of choking in World Cups. Whether you care to admit it or not, it must be aconcern for you Te Kaha and shiznit. The weight of a nation's expectations is huge load to carry and there are a few teams out there who are capable of shattering your dreams (ie. France, Ireland, South Africa, England and possibly the Wallabies). Confidence and optimism is one thing but it can work against you if you try to go from A to C without going through B. Game on!

Not at all.. there is only one tean that there is to fear.. thats South Africa.. they can beat us at home...

France, are going to rest their top players for the pool game with the ABS.. that means it will be the Argies who are in the QF... not an issue... SA in the Semi will be the hardest team to beat.... if and when we make the final.. no team will beat the ABs

And i fully expect England to roll the wannabies in the semi as well.

Any of the teams i mentioned are capable of putting in an 80 minute effort that can send you tumbling out of contention (Pumas as well). Next thing you know, your curled up in the foetal position, sobbing and sucking your thumbs...

Te Kaha

First Grade
Any of the teams i mentioned are capable of putting in an 80 minute effort that can send you tumbling out of contention (Pumas as well). Next thing you know, your curled up in the foetal position, sobbing and sucking your thumbs...

Yes because Ireland and the Argies have done it sooooo many times before... Aussie wont face the ABs and France will rest their players... so no... they wont... If and when the AB's make the final.. they wont be beaten... not on Eden park... The Semi against SA is the only danger game.

Latest posts