What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AB's v Wallabies @ Auckland

shiznit

Coach
We'll have to agree to disagree (no fun in that I know), but Ireland certainly are capable. NEVER write the Irish off!
WTF?? they haven't beaten us in the history of the game... neither have Argentina... and that's even in there own countries...

How in your right mind can you see them somehow beating us in NZ??

if you seriously think they are a threat to the All Blacks than you have NFI about rugby.

Te Kaha

First Grade
We'll have to agree to disagree (no fun in that I know), but Ireland certainly are capable. NEVER write the Irish off!

WTF?? they haven't beaten us in the history of the game... neither have Argentina... and that's even in there own countries...

How in your right mind can you see them somehow beating us in NZ??

if you seriously think they are a threat to the All Blacks than you have NFI about rugby.

Thats exactly it.. the Irish are VERY overated... and the Argies are rebuilding.. thery couldnt beat the ABs at their very best they wont beat them now...

Haha. records are there to be broken boys. Every team lifts for the RWC. You guys seem to be missing my point completely. At no point did I ever say that I think the Irish or Argies (or anyone else) will beat the AB's. I simply said they're capablle. Youre egos are so inflated that you can't even concieve that it's possible for the AB's to lose to anyone except the Boks. My mind boggles! Of anyone I thought that Kiwis would be willing to concede that anything can happen in a World Cup. Yeah you can blame previous losses on coaches and refs (what you did earlier today)...which is a by product of not losing enuogh and therefore not knowing how to be gracious losers...

Te Kaha

First Grade
Haha. records are there to be broken boys. Every team lifts for the RWC. You guys seem to be missing my point completely. At no point did I ever say that I think the Irish or Argies (or anyone else) will beat the AB's. I simply said they're capablle. Youre egos are so inflated that you can't even concieve that it's possible for the AB's to lose to anyone except the Boks. My mind boggles! Of anyone I thought that Kiwis would be willing to concede that anything can happen in a World Cup. Yeah you can blame previous losses on coaches and refs (what you did earlier today)...which is a by product of not losing enuogh and therefore not knowing how to be gracious losers...

Waffle waffle waffle... the term cappable means that they "could" beat the ABs.. they cant.. its that simple... while they ar at home, playing against All Blacks "B" teams they have still lost... that wont change at this world cup or any other.... Its nothing to do with egos... all you have to do is look at the draw... The french WILL rest their players against the ABs, they wont beat us, nobody else in the group is cappable... the qtr will be the Argies, a side that is rebuilding... they cant beat us.. therefore the danger game is SA, or by a major miracle Ireland... SA can beat us... Ireland cant... they are just not a good enough team.. hell they just lost to the scots... and then when it comes to the final, IF we make it the ABs wont be beaten by anybody... especially England.

Thomas

First Grade

That's why it is always a great shock to them when they, invariably, choke harder than a $3 whore at World Cups. The NZ public just can't fathom their team losing so they kind of go into a weird fugue where they basically dismiss all the teams. They expect NZ to win the WC which is weird since their record at world cups is pretty damn poor for the best team in world rugby.

And the players on the field were responsible for the loss in 2003. Not the coach. The AB's got prison f**ked by the Wallabies that day.

Te Kaha

First Grade
That's why it is always a great shock to them when they, invariably, choke harder than a $3 whore at World Cups. The NZ public just can't fathom their team losing so they kind of go into a weird fugue where they basically dismiss all the teams. They expect NZ to win the WC which is weird since their record at world cups is pretty damn poor for the best team in world rugby.

And the players on the field were responsible for the loss in 2003. Not the coach. The AB's got prison f**ked by the Wallabies that day.

Bullsit they did... one player did.. a player who should never have been playing... Deans screwed the team over with that stupid call...

And its hardly Dismissive when the teams they will play cant beat them... do you you think Ireland, who they probably wont play or the Argies, or Tonga, or Canada, or Japan, or France B will be able to beat the All Blacks??? the simple answer is NO.. only France ever have and they are resting their players...

So its only SA in the semis who are the danger team... its simple logic. England in the final will be a tough team, but the ABs know how to beat them... unlike the wannabies.

Thomas

First Grade
Bullsit they did... one player did.. a player who should never have been playing... Deans screwed the team over with that stupid call...

Typical. Blame the loss on either one player or the coach. Stock standard kiwi response. Watch the game again. The Wallabies out-muscled the AB pack. That had nothing to do with Deans selecting Macdonald. Spencer's cut out pass that was intercepted had nothing to do with Macdonald. Yes, the Wallabies targetted the AB centre pairing throughout the game but you can't attribute that loss to one player.

Your guys choked. Again.

And its hardly Dismissive when the teams they will play cant beat them... do you you think Ireland, who they probably wont play or the Argies, or Tonga, or Canada, or Japan, or France B will be able to beat the All Blacks??? the simple answer is NO.. only France ever have and they are resting their players...

So its only SA in the semis who are the danger team... its simple logic. England in the final will be a tough team, but the ABs know how to beat them... unlike the wannabies.

Ireland probably won't beat NZ. But it is just plain arrogant to outright dismiss them. You just never know with world cups.

I am confident that the Wallabies are on track to perform well at the World Cup. I will never write off another team though.

at the start of the S15 season, common thought was that the Rebels would be lucky to win more than 1 game all season...they beat the Brumbies, Hurricanes and Western Force, and lost to the Sharks by 2 points. This was all in the 1st half of the season. Why did this happen? Because people didn't respect them. Yes there are other reasons (such as they weren't playing great teams), but if a bunch of players can be thrown together like that and notch up a few wins against the odds, I can't understand how you think the way you do. The Rebels got blown away in the 2nd half of the season because other teams cottoned on to the fact that you MUST respect your opponent. The RWC record books are full of upset victories. The AB's aren't immune to being on the receiving end. You're just lucky that Graham Henry isn't approaching this tournament with the same level of arrogance as you (at least i don't think he would be)!

Te Kaha

First Grade
Stay tuned. I have a feeling we will be referring back to your comments Te Kaha.

Yes you will... and you will be saying i was right all along...

Typical. Blame the loss on either one player or the coach. Stock standard kiwi response. Watch the game again. The Wallabies out-muscled the AB pack. That had nothing to do with Deans selecting Macdonald. Spencer's cut out pass that was intercepted had nothing to do with Macdonald. Yes, the Wallabies targetted the AB centre pairing throughout the game but you can't attribute that loss to one player.

Your guys choked. Again.
There is no way they were "out-muscled".. MacDonald got his arse handed to him early and from that point the ABs were playing catch up... they couldnt do it... much like the wannabies on the weekend... they folded trying to chase the game.. Deans should never have played Macdonald.. he wasnt a centre.

Ireland probably won't beat NZ. But it is just plain arrogant to outright dismiss them. You just never know with world cups.

Its not arrogance... its the All Blacks we are talking about not the wannabies.. they HAVE NEVER BEATEN THE ALL BLACKS... added to this, in order to even play the ABs they would have to beat either SA and play is in the Semis.. or beat Aussie and France or England... they have never been able to beat the top teams 2 or 3 weeks in a row... its a stupid point to make as the chances of them even playing the ll Blacks are almost zero.

I am confident that the Wallabies are on track to perform well at the World Cup. I will never write off another team though.
I am sure they will win all their games... up until the semi... then they will fold... the world has seen how to shut down cooper... and you shut him down and you shut down Aussie.

I am sure they will win all their games... up until the semi... then they will fold... the world has seen how to shut down cooper... and you shut him down and you shut down Aussie.

You do have point there. I'm worried about our options if Genia/Cooper are shut down...I really want to see O'Connor at 12. If Cooper isn't being effective, hook him, move O'Connor to 10 and put Giteau at 12...

Te Kaha

First Grade
at the start of the S15 season, common thought was that the Rebels would be lucky to win more than 1 game all season...they beat the Brumbies, Hurricanes and Western Force, and lost to the Sharks by 2 points. This was all in the 1st half of the season. Why did this happen? Because people didn't respect them. Yes there are other reasons (such as they weren't playing great teams), but if a bunch of players can be thrown together like that and notch up a few wins against the odds, I can't understand how you think the way you do. The Rebels got blown away in the 2nd half of the season because other teams cottoned on to the fact that you MUST respect your opponent. The RWC record books are full of upset victories. The AB's aren't immune to being on the receiving end. You're just lucky that Graham Henry isn't approaching this tournament with the same level of arrogance as you (at least i don't think he would be)!

You are judging this from an Australian perspective.. where you have a team that has been beaten, often by "minnow" teams... that is not the case of the All Blacks... South Africa, Australia, France, England and fifty years ago Wales are the ONLY international teams to beat the All Blacks... that isn't goin gto change for the forseeable future... the other countries are just not good enough.

You are judging this from an Australian perspective.. where you have a team that has been beaten, often by "minnow" teams... that is not the case of the All Blacks... South Africa, Australia, France, England and fifty years ago Wales are the ONLY international teams to beat the All Blacks... that isn't goin gto change for the forseeable future... the other countries are just not good enough.

I'm not judging it form an Aussie perspective. Sure i'm using an Aussie example, but the message is universal.

Te Kaha

First Grade
I'm not judging it form an Aussie perspective. Sure i'm using an Aussie example, but the message is universal.

Yes you are.. you are saying that any other team can beat the All Blacks... they cant.. the All Blacks wouldnt let them... the fans can say what they like because they know that the All Blacks wont "underestimate" them.. they wil just play there game and beat them... its only the other big four who have the personal to disrupt the All Blacks none of the other teams can.. Ireland included.

Yes you are.. you are saying that any other team can beat the All Blacks... they cant.. the All Blacks wouldnt let them... the fans can say what they like because they know that the All Blacks wont "underestimate" them.. they wil just play there game and beat them... its only the other big four who have the personal to disrupt the All Blacks none of the other teams can.. Ireland included.

okay so if you say the AB's wouldn't let them, why is that? Because they will respect their opponents? If your answer is yes, then they have heeded my 'universal' message.

Thomas

First Grade
There is no way they were "out-muscled".. MacDonald got his arse handed to him early and from that point the ABs were playing catch up... they couldnt do it... much like the wannabies on the weekend... they folded trying to chase the game.. Deans should never have played Macdonald.. he wasnt a centre.

Watch the game again. Read the match reports. The NZ team got rumbled. They were ambushed by the Aussie forwards who controlled the game really well. I distinctly remember watching the game and after 15 minutes said to a mate "if our forwards can keep this up, we'll win this game".

And the Wallabies did. The match had very little to do with Leon Macdonald who became a scapegoat for the loss. This is typical NZ behaviour. NZ never lose a game...someone or the ref loses it for them. Donald lost them the test in Hong Kong (lets not forget the fact that NZ forgot how to tackle in the last 15 minutes). The ref costs the Crusaders the game both times against the Reds. Waaaa. What was the excuse for the 2007 loss? The ref, wasn't it? Didn't he receive death threats?

What about 1999? The All Blacks had a good lead and then choked. Face it, choking in world cups in a NZ speciality. They haven't been mentally tough enough to win it in the past...perhaps they are now. Only time will tell.

Te Kaha

First Grade
okay so if you say the AB's wouldn't let them, why is that? Because they will respect their opponents? If your answer is yes, then they have heeded my 'universal' message.
Which is why Fans dont need to... they know that, unlike lesser teams, the All Blacks wont lose to those "minnow" nations... its why i can confidently say that the Semi final is the only game that is a danger one... the Arges wont be, Ireland wont be(not theat they will get past SA and yet you still callit arrogance.

Watch the game again. Read the match reports. The NZ team got rumbled. They were ambushed by the Aussie forwards who controlled the game really well. I distinctly remember watching the game and after 15 minutes said to a mate "if our forwards can keep this up, we'll win this game".

The aussie forwad played well.. no dispute.. they matched the All Blacks all game.. they didnt "out muscle" them in any way shape or form.

And the Wallabies did. The match had very little to do with Leon Macdonald who became a scapegoat for the loss. This is typical NZ behaviour. NZ never lose a game...someone or the ref loses it for them. Donald lost them the test in Hong Kong (lets not forget the fact that NZ forgot how to tackle in the last 15 minutes).
Had Macdonald not played, aussie would not have made any ground thru the midfield.. the game would have changed completely... it weas the wrong call from Deans and we lost.

The ref costs the Crusaders the game both times against the Reds. Waaaa. What was the excuse for the 2007 loss? The ref, wasn't it? Didn't he receive death threats?
Are you saying the ref didnt cost the All Blacks the game in 2007.. even the french say he did... and the S115 final wasnt the ref.. find anywhere that anybody has said that???? stop making shit up...

What about 1999? The All Blacks had a good lead and then choked. Face it, choking in world cups in a NZ speciality. They haven't been mentally tough enough to win it in the past...perhaps they are now. Only time will tell.

The world cup "choke" is a myth... 91 and 03 the best team won... 95 a sick team lost to a better team on the day.. 99 is the only time that the team "choked" .. its always put out by the foreign media.. it sells papers and makes the fans of other teams feel better.

Thomas

First Grade
The aussie forwad played well.. no dispute.. they matched the All Blacks all game.. they didnt "out muscle" them in any way shape or form.

They smashed them at the breakdown and made huge pushes upfield. The AB's couldn't match them at all.
Had Macdonald not played, aussie would not have made any ground thru the midfield.. the game would have changed completely... it weas the wrong call from Deans and we lost.

Pure speculation. Mortlock was playing well all tournament and he carved them up.

Are you saying the ref didnt cost the All Blacks the game in 2007.. even the french say he did... and the S115 final wasnt the ref.. find anywhere that anybody has said that???? stop making shit up...

In 2007 the All Blacks couldn't change their game plan. A poor ref decision played a part in the loss but they should have easily won that game. Dan Carter got injured and the AB's went to shit. What will happen if Carter gets injured this year?

And I have read pages and pages of posts on other forums that the Thorn disallowed try in the S15 final was ACTUALLY a try and if the ref had awarded it then the Reds wouldn't have blah blah blah. Cooper got shut down that night but the Reds still won. Goes to show that once the Wallabies work out some cohesion, if the oppo targets Cooper then others can step up.

The world cup "choke" is a myth... 91 and 03 the best team won... 95 a sick team lost to a better team on the day.. 99 is the only time that the team "choked" .. its always put out by the foreign media.. it sells papers and makes the fans of other teams feel better.

Suzie the Waitress? :lol: That's another grand kiwi story. The one about the dodgy waitress who forced the AB's to eat poisoned seafood!

Latest posts