What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accommodation near GIO Stadium

macnaz

Staff member
Hi all.
Im planning on attending the Tigers v Raiders game in a few weeks and wanted to know a good area to stay. I guess im looking at somewhere with easy transport and somewhere close by to go out to after the game. Love to here anyones recommendations :)

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I'd just stay in the City. It's a 10 minute bus trip each way with a dedicated game-day service. Then you have a good variety of pubs, clubs and restaurants to choose from.

Belconnen is closer but your options are a bit limited after the game. As much as I looooove the Lighty.

macnaz

Staff member
I'd just stay in the City. It's a 10 minute bus trip each way with a dedicated game-day service. Then you have a good variety of pubs, clubs and restaurants to choose from.

Belconnen is closer but your options are a bit limited after the game. As much as I looooove the Lighty.

Whats the Lighty ?

ek999

First Grade
The Lighthouse Bar in Belco. As was said before just stay in the city and use the bus service to get to and from the game

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
For all the flack that Canberra gets from planks that probably have never been there the accommodation and public transport are excellent. It is also easy to get around if you've got your own car. I'd stay in the city.