What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Actual Team vs Titans

island pro

Juniors
Newtown team. They play Mounties at Henson:

1 Tyla Tamou (Kris Gale & Mark Dewar)

2 Jonaiah Lualua (Golden Barley Hotel)

3 Mawene Hiroti (Belle Property Newtown)

4 Kayal Iro (John Cahill & Jennifer Malone)

5 Jensen Taumoepeau (Golden Barley Hotel)

6 Luke Metcalf (Adam & Linda Whyte)

7 Rhys Davies (David Nelson & The Daaboul Family)

8 Caleb Uele (Steven Helmich & Glen Archibald)

9 Jayden Berrell (Brasco & Craig Stephens)

10 Jesse Colquhoun (Loudon & Vaughan Private Wealth)

11 Myles Taueli (Wayne Leong & Kim Fuller)

12 Reubenn Rennie (Nifty Foods)

13 Tyler Slade (Chris Lord)

Interchange:

15 Addison Demetriou (Jeffrey Gabriel & Karl Cope)

18 Liam Harris (Deicorp)

19 Dylan O’Connor (Good Fellows Sports & Sox)

21 Vincent Rennie (Phil Gould)

24 Jonah Ngaronoa (Label Plus & Ferrier Silvia)

Coach: Greg Matterson (Arc Commercial Furniture)
So we can assume that Hazelton and Dykes are travelling with firsts? And the rest of the names in the reserves are there just to be a name on paper?

island pro

Juniors
Mciness and the 2 back rowers will play 80

Wilton off the bench as a middle.
I think so too. When Teig went to the middle and Wade went out to the edge, I thought he showed he can offer more than Wade can as part of the middle rotation, and that is where we really need troops right now. I don't really see it as a demotion for Teig, but more as an acknowledgement of his skill set. Could be wrong.

shaggs

Coach
I'm thinking KD possibly to 1. LM to bench. BT to reggies.

KD no more ready than Miller TBH and can only cover 1 and 6 so 18 doesn't make a lot of sense. Makes more sense to blood him.
I don’t reckon they name Miller at 1 without intention to play him.
Good indicator that metcalf is down the pecking order.

I think dykes is 18th regularly the rest of the season.
Miller can play any role in backline. If they need dykes for HIA, then sifa to forwards, Miller to centre and dykes fullback is covered.

Eion

First Grade
Trindall on the bench for 8 minutes again when we are missing BHU, DF and JW and just been seriously outmuscled by the raiders. We are seriously light up front now. What does Hazelton have to do to get a go?
I’d agree normally, but with Miller comin back from injury and untried at this level, I’m ok with Trindall on the bench this game as insurance

Given Players available I think its pretty good. Last week Was BIG ask for Hynes to go to full back and still be running the team like a halfback. Millers is undoubtably gifted player and at 27? needs to be brought in at some stage early enough to give him chance to experience 1st grade and see what he can do. Could be a case for Hazelton, thats for the coach(es) to decide I guess.

Eion

First Grade
I’m really keen to see Hazelton. Once Kennedy’s back I’d hope Tricky drops off the bench and he gets a run.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I don’t reckon they name Miller at 1 without intention to play him.
Good indicator that metcalf is down the pecking order.

I think dykes is 18th regularly the rest of the season.
Miller can play any role in backline. If they need dykes for HIA, then sifa to forwards, Miller to centre and dykes fullback is covered.
If Dykes is the 18th man come game day, it might be indication, that he is staying and not going to Tiggers

shaggs

Coach
If Dykes is the 18th man come game day, it might be indication, that he is staying and not going to Tiggers
Also just being in the 18 man squad at his age could be enough for the club to show they want him around long term.

Who would go tot he tigers. Yuck. Daine Laurie is a good fullback. Also young. They won’t just dump him

Also just being in the 18 man squad at his age could be enough for the club to show they want him around long term.

Who would go tot he tigers. Yuck. Daine Laurie is a good fullback. Also young. They won’t just dump him
Wasn't Laurie getting linked with Redcliffe not long back?

Frenzy.

Immortal

Might also be an indication he's seen as the better fullback option, eventually at least. He did displace Miller at the Jets remember. I think both though have been getting groomed as multi position options for NRL.

We'll know sooner or later.

I'm happy either way as both are rookies and one needs to get going.