What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Blair

azza29

Juniors
Blair, Proctor, Harris, McLean etc you rarely see a forward get better after leaving the Storm!
Playing for Melbourne definitely seems to make otherwise average joes seem great. Proud that Chambers gets called up for Origin but no idea why... heart is in my mouth every time he has to catch a pass.

And to think I was disappointed when Blair's departure was announced years ago...

some11

Referee
The funniest thing last night was when someone put up a mid-field bomb, he doesn't even try to catch it - just knocks it on as if that's the result he wanted.

Big Pete

Referee
I'm surprised by his stats, I noticed Blair made a bunch of important tackles on the line and thought he was having one of his better games.

Obviously the numbers say otherwise.

I actually thought he was pretty good for Brisbane. The Broncos relied heavily on his offloads and quick play the balls to initiate their set-plays and he was producing in the effort areas. He went off the boil in his final season at the club, especially around the time he was being shopped around.

Bazal

Post Whore
That's rubbish attacking output but he did make 47 tackles. That's far from sloppy.

He's always been overrated. Solid at best, never been a consistently hard working attacking player, but he does a lot off the ball and usually makes a lot of tackles. He's basically turned into later years Beau Scott except not as good a leader.

Even with those 47 tackles he missed 5, though.

AJB1102

First Grade
Had 4 possessions: scored off 1, passed twice and knocked on.

He should be making 80 tackles with that offensive load.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
To be fair even when Adam Blair came to us and had his best season since his Melbourne years he wasn't making bulk metres, he's more the guy who does the unnoticed things like kick pressure, decoy runs, etc

I know he was good for you guys, but we need much more than kick pressure, decoy runs and whatever other smoke, mirror and BS (no offense, I'm not going at you) caused us to pay $650-700k a year for the anti Forrest Gump.

Maybe that should be a sign at our next home game. RUN ADAM, RUN

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Roosters fans will remember the day we played the Warriors in NZ and Braith Anasta from the back row finished the game with 0 runs for 0 metres.