What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Docker

Blade23

Juniors
What is the problem with Adam Docker? He had surgery in the off season made his comeback in reggies, got suspended for 3 weeks 2 months ago and he hasn't been seen since.
Is he injured again?

Found this online
Penrith fans could be forgiven for filing a missing persons report on Adam Docker, who has vanished from all team lists over the past fortnight. The bell-ringing back rower has gone from the Kangaroos train-on squad to complete obscurity in the space of six months; starting the season in NSW Cup after being told he was unwanted at the club next season. Docker’s wretched run continued with a three-week suspension for a shoulder charge on Sharks lower grader Nathan Gardner.

He was free to resume a fortnight ago, but hasn’t been sighted since – despite Penrith’s enormous injury toll. That led to rumours that Docker was suffering ill-effects from repeated concussions last year, but Panthers NSW Cup coach Garth Brennan set the record straight yesterday, revealing the lock was a good chance to make his return in tomorrow night’s lower grade fixture against the Warriors.

According to Brennan, Docker sustained a nasty cut and infection after cutting his hand while doing the washing-up. Next up was a brutal virus, which claimed six kilograms from the forward’s already diminutive frame. “He’s probably still not 100 percent, but there’s a good chance we’ll give him some game time (on Saturday), because there’s a lot of blokes missing and he’ll most probably be needed in first grade soon,” Brennan said. “He’s just had some really bad luck this year, and also had knee surgery over the off-season, which set him back as well.”
https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/...with-josh-massoud-and-jim-wilson/?cmp=twitter

Kilkenny

Coach
It would certainly be nice to have Adam back fit and well. We certainly could do with him given our injury situation.

mxlegend99

Referee
If he gets a run I think he'll just remind people why we didn't want him there in the first place. Especially if he has lost a bit of weight due to being sick.

Hopefully he grabs his next chance with both hands and kicks on from his 2013 form. I was a massive fan of his back then, he seemed a much smarter player. In 2014 he just gave away dumb penalties or missed tackles trying to put on big hits.

I feel like he's our Josh Reynolds. Although he could back up his grubbiness should he need to. Reynolds would get murdered if the one punch rule didn't exist.

maple_69

Bench
He had a disappointing season last year and if he moves on I won't be disappointed. In saying that, we have a lot of very skillful backrowers but not many in the pack with mongrel and intimidation. Especially when Plum retires at years end. I think he should play out the year in NSW Cup, work on his discipline and work rate and see if he can earn a spot next year. It'll be tough with Merrin coming, Peachey and Cartwright hopefully maturing, JFH and Smith emerging and Taylor and Brown hitting their prime.

GongPanther

Referee
If he gets a run I think he'll just remind people why we didn't want him there in the first place. Especially if he has lost a bit of weight due to being sick.

Hopefully he grabs his next chance with both hands and kicks on from his 2013 form. I was a massive fan of his back then, he seemed a much smarter player. In 2014 he just gave away dumb penalties or missed tackles trying to put on big hits.

I feel like he's our Josh Reynolds. Although he could back up his grubbiness should he need to. Reynolds would get murdered if the one punch rule didn't exist.

The point with Docker is that the coaching staff said to him to bulk up so he can be tried in the prop position.

That was his ultimatum being that the club is chokkers with back rowers.

This season and also last year has been a very frustrating period for a lad so talented.

If he doesn't end up with us,I'm sure the Dragons will welcome him back with open arms.

He is a good lad and all the poor bugger wants to do is get back on the paddock.

Kilkenny

Coach
He just needs to get back on the paddock fit and well and do the business.

If he does that then there is no reason why our management team won't offer him a new deal for next season and beyond.

Front Row, Second Row or Lock is not the issue. The issue is doing the business in the top side.

I hope to see Adam back fit and well in the near future as surely we will be better off for having him fit and available for selection.

Fibroman

First Grade
The point with Docker is that the coaching staff said to him to bulk up so he can be tried in the prop position.

That was his ultimatum being that the club is chokkers with back rowers.

This season and also last year has been a very frustrating period for a lad so talented.

If he doesn't end up with us,I'm sure the Dragons will welcome him back with open arms.

He is a good lad and all the poor bugger wants to do is get back on the paddock.

When Docker came onto the scene with us a couple of years ago, he was a revelation. I still think he is one of the most devastating defenders I've seen in my 40 years of watching the game. We have certainly missed him in the middle this year. He has his critics, I know, but he's got his fans. He is the back row equivalent to Michael Jennings. An entertainer. I really hope to see him back in first grade ASAP.

Fibroman

First Grade
Let's face it, tax dodgers, most teams will get the ball somewhere between 40 and 60% of the time. The balance of the time they will be defending. Plum hits like a train, but the rest really just tackle. We need the Docker express back, to entertain the crowd during the 40-60% of the time we are defending.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yep watching the other team break tackles or get penalties in the hits that miss their target is highly entertaining.

I'd rather 30 tackles and zero misses than 20 tackles, 3 misses and 2 penalties to see maybe 2 or 3 big hits. Not every tackle is an opportunity for a big hit, but Docker goes for them anyway.

abpanther

Staff member
Yep watching the other team break tackles or get penalties in the hits that miss their target is highly entertaining.

I'd rather 30 tackles and zero misses than 20 tackles, 3 misses and 2 penalties to see maybe 2 or 3 big hits. Not every tackle is an opportunity for a big hit, but Docker goes for them anyway.

There's is also a difference between making 30 ineffective tackles around the legs that allow quick play the balls compared to 20 dominant tackles that slow the play the ball and intimidate the opposition

Fibroman

First Grade
There's is also a difference between making 30 ineffective tackles around the legs that allow quick play the balls compared to 20 dominant tackles that slow the play the ball and intimidate the opposition

Spot on ab. That's why we look so much better when Nigel Plum is on the field. He makes dominant tackles, stops the roll on and allows us to get set in defence and increase line speed. Once again, people that rely too heavily on statistics and not what their eyes see are out of touch. I'd go as far as to say that the people that continually pump out statistics probably don't even go and watch the games. They probably just read the match reports.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Dear god, someone doesn't agree with you so they don't watch games!?! Give me a break - Docker, whilst a great defender offers little else - The 20 dominant tackles argument is silly as Docker doesn't make 20 dominant tackles, he makes 3-4 a game

Anyway, Docker is good and hopefully he has worked on his game over the period of downtime - He has talent, just needs to work on his shortcomings

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I didn't watch the game on Friday, but based on the score, it would appear the inability to score was more of a problem than the defence. Docker adds less than zero to the team with ball in hand.

Latest posts