What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Doueihi

Vic Mackey

Referee
Long term project. Looks an out and out 5/8 to me and I think he’ll take over Benji. Never saw anything last year to say he’s a better fullback then Corey and still haven’t, although considering he only came to the club 4 weeks ago that’s not surprising.

Has size and a bit of class about him. Is 21, 6’3 and 94kgs yet looks a beanpole, can see him holding 102/3kgs by the time he’s 23/24 which will be beneficial as a 5/8.

Tiger05

First Grade
He wasn't bad. Thompson didn't shine in the role either. I'd give him first shot at fullback but Thompson probably deserves it.

cerberus

Coach
Long term project. Looks an out and out 5/8 to me and I think he’ll take over Benji. Never saw anything last year to say he’s a better fullback then Corey and still haven’t, although considering he only came to the club 4 weeks ago that’s not surprising.

Has size and a bit of class about him. Is 21, 6’3 and 94kgs yet looks a beanpole, can see him holding 102/3kgs by the time he’s 23/24 which will be beneficial as a 5/8.
nailed it

Fordy20

Juniors

Sounds like the hunt to find a replacement for Teddy continues.

We should have a look at Caleb Aekins. He's replacing Dylan Edwards who is out injured for 2 months. Aekins is off contract and the Panthers may not care to hold onto him, given they also have Charlies Staines and Daine Laurie on the books.

The unknown

Juniors
Sounds like the hunt to find a replacement for Teddy continues.

We should have a look at Caleb Aekins. He's replacing Dylan Edwards who is out injured for 2 months. Aekins is off contract and the Panthers may not care to hold onto him, given they also have Charlies Staines and Daine Laurie on the books.

Spewing we couldn’t hold onto paps, he is probably the closest you’ll get to a teddy clone

WA Tiger

Bench

Beanpole is right ..late 90’s kg would be fine just for a little more punch at the line..He needs to find a position soon. Madge may just think centre is sewn up why he hasn’t tried him there.I watched Talau fight like a dog getting through traffic with his carries on my second watch of the game. He showed a lot of usefull aggression and attitude esp with his size. .. Warriors may have targeted him. There’s prob a good fullback there amongst those three. I kept getting mixed up between AD and Seyforth ..Seyforth seems to have some Mongrel about him.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Although I wouldn’t mind seeing Madge chop and change throughout the early season during games until he finds the right mix and to keep them on their toes..Even taking Benji off a bit earlier so he lasts the season. Reynolds passing was slick yesterday I heard bad reports but he was fizzing them over heads etc to hit the spot. And I saw a bit of his effortless kicking game.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Beanpole is right ..late 90’s kg would be fine just for a little more punch at the line..He needs to find a position soon. Madge may just think centre is sewn up why he hasn’t tried him there.I watched Talau fight like a dog getting through traffic with his carries on my second watch of the game. He showed a lot of usefull aggression and attitude esp with his size. .. Warriors may have targeted him. There’s prob a good fullback there amongst those three. I kept getting mixed up between AD and Seyforth ..Seyforth seems to have some Mongrel about him.
How good is it that Madge has some genuine selection headaches.Re AD I want him in the starting team.Hes a big body with good vision.At the moment as much as i like Thommo I think AD should b fullback coz he’s a safer option under the high ball & bringing the ball back he can break tackles & has good hands & can put his outside men through a gap.Eventually when Benji retires AD will make a top draw 5/8 the position he excelled in playing in the Balmain juniors.

Talau & Seyfarth r 2 of our talented youngsters who will b seriously pushing for spots in our 17 this season.There is so much to b optimistic about at concord finally !

Tiger05

First Grade
I want Doueihi in the team as well. I can't see Talau getting anywhere near first grade but Seyfarth looks a talent who could jag a spot at lock. I think Seyfarth will struggle to make the team if Aloiai stays at lock. That gives us Taylor, Eisenhuth, Aloiai and Seyfarth to fill that role.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I want Doueihi in the team as well. I can't see Talau getting anywhere near first grade but Seyfarth looks a talent who could jag a spot at lock. I think Seyfarth will struggle to make the team if Aloiai stays at lock. That gives us Taylor, Eisenhuth, Aloiai and Seyfarth to fill that role.
I’m hoping Talau pleasantly surprises fans this season.Im thinking for Madge to have been comfortable in releasing Momo as swap for Grant then he must b very satisfied with Talau’s progress & ability to quickly adapt to the top grade.

Additionally Benji rates the kid very highly & he was a standout in lower grades last year.

Tiger05

First Grade
I love Benji but he rates kids all the time that don't come on. Talau has looked okay in the last two trials but only okay. I reckon he has a tonne to do to become a first grader. Poor kid has been over hyped. Even in the trials the commentators were stating he was highly rated.

I reckon our centres are going to be BJ and Mbye. BJ is a weapon. Mbye looked good there last year. After that comes Momo.

I'm not worried about Doueihi yet but I'd love to see him fire and make that fullback spot his own.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I love Benji but he rates kids all the time that don't come on. Talau has looked okay in the last two trials but only okay. I reckon he has a tonne to do to become a first grader. Poor kid has been over hyped. Even in the trials the commentators were stating he was highly rated.

I reckon our centres are going to be BJ and Mbye. BJ is a weapon. Mbye looked good there last year. After that comes Momo.

I'm not worried about Doueihi yet but I'd love to see him fire and make that fullback spot his own.
I can’t disagree with ur opening line coz Benji certainly is full of praise for his teammates in particular kids with potential.However I do have a strong hunch that Talau is going to develop into a major weapon for us.Also interesting to notice that Talau’s brother has joined our lower grades.

super_coach

First Grade
A jurno ( forgotten his name) said that AD will start off the bench round one. How he knows two weeks out is anyone’s guess but if true would be a massive call

The unknown

Juniors
A jurno ( forgotten his name) said that AD will start off the bench round one. How he knows two weeks out is anyone’s guess but if true would be a massive call

That doesn’t really make much sense to start AD off the bench, coz atm I can’t see Walters or Reynolds playing the full 80 @ 9

Probably the Mole, who has the strike rate of someone winning the lotto

BrotherJim05

Bench
AD absolutely shanked that goal kick from pretty close out. I'm a bit worried about goalkicking this season, it seems to be the difference between us missing out on top 8

Tigerm

First Grade
Exactly.Madge will have 3 big boppers + grub or Walters on bench.Hence AD has to b in run on side.
For me:
1-Thompson
2-Nofo
3-BJ
4-Momo
5-AD
6-Benji
7-Brooks
8-Twal
9-Walters
10-Mikaele
11-Luciano