What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Elliott

Banjo2014

Juniors
Yes to Hetherington. He is a Warren Ryan type of signing, and that guy knows rugby league. Will always remember his response to a question years ago, about how many front rowers does a team need. He said six, 2 on the field, 2 on the bench, and 2 suspended.
Hetherington's rap sheet
Round 13: grade-three careless high tackle on Manly's Marty Taupau
Round 10: grade-one dangerous contact on Cronulla's Blayke Brailey
Round 22, 2018: grade-one careless high tackle on Gold Coast's AJ Brimson
Round 12, 2018: grade-one dangerous high contact on St George Illawarra's Paul Vaughan
Round 9, 2018: grade-one dangerous contact head/neck on Cowboy Shaun Fensom

Sims can play

right now like most of the senior players, he has no faith in the “game plan”.

A motivated T.Sims is a must.

Adam Elliot is not the solution. He is ok, however what we need are 2-3 gun forwards.

Dragsters

First Grade
Not to mention $750,000 for Alex Johnston. Best position is wing not fullback and at that price way way overs.

Totally.

Johnson is great as a winger with pace and exceptional finishing ability but has proved time and time again to be meek an tentative as a fullback.

My south's supporting mate reminds me of this every time his name comes up...

Last edited:

Walpole

Juniors
Your very close to the money there Walpole. To me we had 3 of the 4 forwards we needed to do the job and will not now have them for 2021.

We need at least two top first grade props maybe we can do it with one if De Belin becomes available.

If we let go Hunt we will need a top grade hooker - McInnes to lock.

We need someone to replace Frizell - Fifita was the one but Titans beat us to him.

I think a Dufty / Clune halves combination would do the trick fine.

So yes Johnston as our fullback and if possible a first-grade left centre but if that it too much strain on the cap, a Williame or Feagai would do the job.

The main thing is that much of the deadwood and I hope all of the poor culture will be gone allowing for the club to build up some healthy pride and loyalty to the big red V.
Yes mate, agree. We just need a few changes. I like Johnston as a winger because he's a great finisher, happy to keep Dufty at fullback as he seems to be improving. Someone like Cust from Manly should be looked at as he's a good player and available. Anything that gets us going forward (under a new coach of course!)

blacksafake

First Grade
Yes mate, agree. We just need a few changes. I like Johnston as a winger because he's a great finisher, happy to keep Dufty at fullback as he seems to be improving. Someone like Cust from Manly should be looked at as he's a good player and available. Anything that gets us going forward (under a new coach of course!)
I thought i'd heard Cust had agreed to staying at Manly??

possm

Coach
Yes Bennett pulled the rug from under the Dragons that year , as well as a number of players that he had earmarked to go with him .

What he done was unforgivable imo , more so when on the eve of the semi against Brisbane he actually had the hide to travel north .

That must had gutted the Dragon players , however that is history now and the J.V. must become focus on success and they can start that by giving the silver bullet to the coach (?) and the other useless beggars who are sucking the life blood from St.George Illawarra .
It is important to also give the previous history where Bennett was asking for a five-year deal but when it came to signing up and when Bennett had no other options, Doust insisted on a three-year deal.

So if the term were 5 years then the exit would not be on in the 3rd year wand we most likely would have won two or three premierships back to back. Also over that five year period, Bennett would have continually been recruiting and developing our young juniors. His departure would have then been under much more pleasant circumstances and probably our squad would have been much more durable and balanced.

Kylez3

Juniors
EfThoe4UwAUPhAr

Latest posts