What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Gilchrist is boring

aqua_duck

Coach
Not having a go at you or anything Azkatro

I wanna know what's the difference between a Viv Richard's finessed 6 and an Adam Gilchrist smashed 6?

Or do you get extra runs these days for finesse?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
aqua_duck said:
I wanna know what's the difference between a Viv Richard's finessed 6 and an Adam Gilchrist smashed 6?
There is a difference to the eye, but neither is boring. Whilst Viv had finesse he had his moments of bludgening the bowling hence his nic name the master blaster, the pioneer of power hitting if you will.

aqua_duck

Coach
I know what you're saying but in essence the result is the same which ever way you get it over the fence, a finessed 6 is worth b6 runs as is a top edged 6 over the keeper's head.

Azkatro

First Grade
Of course a hit over the ropes is always going to be six runs, but I thought this thread was all about the entertainment value different batsmen provide?

Anonymous

Juniors

Or do you get extra runs these days for finesse?

No. The result is the same, but the finessed shot is better to watch. Since this is a thread about excitement/boredom, and not what is or isn't effective, I think that's very relevant.