What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam McDougall

~bedsy~

First Grade
Newcastle will not be re-signing him.... they can't afford to keep him under the cap... also he has had to many runs with injuries.

RenoufPhan

Juniors
Thanks for the reply.

In the couple of games that I've seen him play since returning from injury he has looked great. I would have thought more clubs would be after his signature.

I was hoping that we (the Broncos) would sign him to a 1 year deal. Just so he could keep one of the wing spots warm for Lote's return in 2005. :D

~bedsy~

First Grade
The thing is he doesn't want to go anywhere else.... So I don't know were his future is.

ozbash

Referee
i heard he was booked into a rehab unit..
trying to beat a chronic performance enhancing steroid addiction.

~bedsy~

First Grade
ozbash said:
i heard he was booked into a rehab unit..
trying to beat a chronic performance enhancing steroid addiction.
Wow!.... Did you come up with that statement all by yourself?

Matt23

Staff member
Apparently Union is an option, he has also offered to remain at the Knights on match payments.
PS hopefully the mods here well not put up with the "drug nonsense" he take's it for medical reasons, and has the NRL's permission.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Matt23 said:
PS hopefully the mods here well not put up with the "drug nonsense" he take's it for medical reasons, and has the NRL's permission.
Yeah we all know that... but they can't let it go... if it gets outta hand then we can try and do somthing about it.... but they are only being idiots and it's not hurting anybody.

aqua_duck

Coach
After his game today I certainly hope the Knights kepp him, ghe looked like the doogs of old, showcased his tackle busting power.

Doctor

Bench
The guy is willing to play for match-payments and yet he is good enough to earn $200,000 per annum.

Talk about a Go-Lo deal - like $2 Fridges at Go-Lo, it's an offer the Knights can't refuse. He played exceptionally today, got himself involved, defensively was very good, but importantly made several breaks and proved a real handful all day for his opposing centre/wing players.

The fellow just wants to wear blue and red next year, for peanuts, who are the Knights to stop him - a bargain that cannot be passed up given his form since returning. Fully fit the guy is a high quality player. :eek:

aqua_duck

Coach
Original_Chook said:
The guy is willing to play for match-payments and yet he is good enough to earn $200,000 per annum.

Talk about a Go-Lo deal - like $2 Fridges at Go-Lo, it's an offer the Knights can't refuse. He played exceptionally today, got himself involved, defensively was very good, but importantly made several breaks and proved a real handful all day for his opposing centre/wing players.

The fellow just wants to wear blue and red next year, for peanuts, who are the Knights to stop him - a bargain that cannot be passed up given his form since returning. Fully fit the guy is a high quality player. :eek:
Going on his form lately, the Knights could possibly have a Origin winger next season on match payments. Gees that sounds like one hell of a bargain.

Raider_69

Post Whore
MacDruguall has done nothing wrong, nor has Robbie OD or Ben Eccy.....

whats with people always bringing it up?
:p :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

aqua_duck

Coach
Raider_69 said:
MacDruguall has done nothing wrong, nor has Robbie OD or Ben Eccy.....

whats with people always bringing it up?
:p :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mate look at your own camp before you talk. Cough *Schifcofske*cough

Big Tim

First Grade
I was watching the game with a few "older" heads, and we were commenting that if he can keep up this form throughout the finals we could sign him for match payments as he goes on a Kangaroo Tour. How could anyone say no to that?

chinorocks

Juniors
yea i was thinking kangaroo tour as i watched him today to, it was the best game I've seen him play in so long.

I think it will fantastic if we can get him to stay for match payments as his experience will be invaluable in helping develop our younger outside backs like Quinn and Hall.

Anonymous

Juniors
Guys, he will almost certainly stay in Newcastle and play next season. He has been made an offer and the Knights are wating for hsi response.

-GS.

Doctor

Bench
MacDougall was on Newcastle radio this morning in a regular spot, and quite clearly indicated that this weekend's game may be his last in Newcastle.

He didn't elaborate further but said that the Cowboys game may/will probably be his last in Newcastle - I personally think he is sending messages to the Knights to let them know he isn't happy they haven't accepted his offer yet.

Last I heard, the Knights hadn't received a formal offer to play on match-payments from MacDougall's manager, and therefore couldn't agree/decline the offer - it hadn't been made.

I wonder whether MacDougall is really considering match-payments - each game he plays makes the match-payment option seem less and less likely.

Uninjured MacDougall will be a plus for any side - he also has the ability to do his own thing in a poor team. He is an individually talented footballer not dependant on quality passing to put him in space - unlike many players recently like Chris Walker, and for the Knights; Darren Albert.

Wherever he goes he will be valuable - I just hope he stays in Newcastle and remains injury-free.

Terminator

First Grade
Doogs offered to stay for match payments, so if that is what has been offered to him then thats what he has to take, personally it will be an absolute tradgedy if he leaves the Knights(touch wood) he is in the best form of his career at the moment.