What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Quinlan

possm

Coach
Nah mate Im not missing anything,one thing i do know is that with 6,7,9 you need stability, if Price were even half a coach he would get Williams aside and help him sort out his deficiences but keep playing him nothing will sap his confidence more than being booted from a new team after a couple of games,everyone keeps talking about Quinlan in the halves last year ,dont the results speak for themselves .Price should be using some of the skills he saw Bennett use to get the best out of players( its called man management) and take the bloke we bought to play 7 and work with him,unfortunately i doubt this bloke is even aware of the term probably cause it wasnt in the under 7 coaching manual.

Witt is our best halfback at the moment and if Price wants to address his poor performance in defence, he should provide him with some personal coaching to address this problem. Then let him make his halfback claims from the Cutters.

getsmarty

Immortal
All the writings on here about Quinlan at half back seem to miss a couple of points: we buy two blokes who play HB use them for a couple of games then boot em,we then put an inexperienced player in ,in Quinlan and because he played ok at fullback then call it a masterstroke and he will be our answer at 7 ,so after sticking the majority of last season with a below par 7 Price now wants to play a 3rd player at 7 in 5 games,FMD hes a genius ,you blokes are delusional.

Well said....can someone please forward this onto Price and Doust as they obviously have no Idea.

GT0007

Juniors
Nah mate Im not missing anything,one thing i do know is that with 6,7,9 you need stability, if Price were even half a coach he would get Williams aside and help him sort out his deficiences but keep playing him nothing will sap his confidence more than being booted from a new team after a couple of games,everyone keeps talking about Quinlan in the halves last year ,dont the results speak for themselves .Price should be using some of the skills he saw Bennett use to get the best out of players( its called man management) and take the bloke we bought to play 7 and work with him,unfortunately i doubt this bloke is even aware of the term probably cause it wasnt in the under 7 coaching manual.

I'm one who believes Quinlan is a half and without any doubt needs to develop as does Williams and I would've given Williams another week as I feel he is not far from a polished performance. He has come up with some significant errors over the last few weeks but also did some good stuff. Witt was very solid against the Tigers but from what I hear it wouldn't make any difference who was at half last night as we were dominated in the forwards and penalty count. You have to keep in mind that out of our 3 prospects Quinlan was the only one playing NRL last year and Williams was bought in the belief he could be our solution to half but it was not set in concrete as opposed when we bought Widdop who gets a walk up start. There have been mixed comments about all of these players and maybe if we had a few serious trials some of this conjecture would be solved. We had a change due to Witt's injury otherwise I doubt either Quinlan or Williams would've got a shot. What we do know is that we don't know! Lol 1 of them needs to stand up!

DRAGONSNZ

Bench
Quinlan needs to play for the cutters, simple 5-6 weeks and see if he does any good. But at the moment he looks like a scared little boy and made widdop have to do everything. I was watching Quinlan as I don't really rate him and he communicates with no one, he doesnt command the ball and made us look too damn predictable as widdop was pretty much the only playmaker so Souths were just marking up on widdop with no worries about Quinlan doing anything. Bring back Williams or Witt, maybe even Kyle.

dragonreddy

Juniors
I'm one who believes Quinlan is a half and without any doubt needs to develop as does Williams and I would've given Williams another week as I feel he is not far from a polished performance. He has come up with some significant errors over the last few weeks but also did some good stuff. Witt was very solid against the Tigers but from what I hear it wouldn't make any difference who was at half last night as we were dominated in the forwards and penalty count. You have to keep in mind that out of our 3 prospects Quinlan was the only one playing NRL last year and Williams was bought in the belief he could be our solution to half but it was not set in concrete as opposed when we bought Widdop who gets a walk up start. There have been mixed comments about all of these players and maybe if we had a few serious trials some of this conjecture would be solved. We had a change due to Witt's injury otherwise I doubt either Quinlan or Williams would've got a shot. What we do know is that we don't know! Lol 1 of them needs to stand up!

I dont agree with give Williams one more week ...Give him a few more then if he is no good then put him in the cutters ,imho Quinlan offers little at halfback as he did last year at 6 he was ok at fullback,Stanley shouldnt be in the side and if Price wants to show loyalty to Quinlan then move him back to the cutters (STANLEY that is).Quinlan is hardly" PROVEN " he played at the back end of the season in a woeful side that couldnt compete so that is certainly no guage to go by.As far as Williams making significant errors there are plenty of others who have done the same but seemingly with a lot less scrutiny.It seems a lot people on here jump on a band wagon early of particular players and watch them play with rose coloured glasses,stanley being my case in point i posted last year about him not being 7 material when he came back from injury and got howled down...How did that go? hes miles away from where he needs to be to be in the side let alone to be a playmaker i wish him good luck but hes got a mile of ground to make up so why is Price persisting with his very mediocre perfomances to date and yet bumping williams after a couple of games.If not why buy him in the first place, one things for certain unless Price can make up his erratic mind in ah urry it will be a long year for the side ,though i fear it will be anyway.

possm

Coach
I dont agree with give Williams one more week ...Give him a few more then if he is no good then put him in the cutters ,imho Quinlan offers little at halfback as he did last year at 6 he was ok at fullback,Stanley shouldnt be in the side and if Price wants to show loyalty to Quinlan then move him back to the cutters (STANLEY that is).Quinlan is hardly" PROVEN " he played at the back end of the season in a woeful side that couldnt compete so that is certainly no guage to go by.As far as Williams making significant errors there are plenty of others who have done the same but seemingly with a lot less scrutiny.It seems a lot people on here jump on a band wagon early of particular players and watch them play with rose coloured glasses,stanley being my case in point i posted last year about him not being 7 material when he came back from injury and got howled down...How did that go? hes miles away from where he needs to be to be in the side let alone to be a playmaker i wish him good luck but hes got a mile of ground to make up so why is Price persisting with his very mediocre perfomances to date and yet bumping williams after a couple of games.If not why buy him in the first place, one things for certain unless Price can make up his erratic mind in ah urry it will be a long year for the side ,though i fear it will be anyway.

I don't think has much to do with recruitment these days. Maybe he indicates a preference, but he has said in the past that he leaves the recruitment of players to others.

All of this noise about Williams. Williams was second joice halfback and when Witt was injured, he got his chance. I don't no the status of Witt's fitness for next week however, if he is fit he should be our halfback. When Witt was on the field, he performed very well and complimented Widdop's style and handled defence on the right side much better than Williams has done.

Having said all this, our number one problem is the coach. Price must be sacked and a more experience coach be recruited to take his place. The forward squad needs some changes but the big problem is more to do with the preparation of the side and the production of a winning game plan.

dragonreddy

Juniors
I don't think has much to do with recruitment these days. Maybe he indicates a preference, but he has said in the past that he leaves the recruitment of players to others.

All of this noise about Williams. Williams was second joice halfback and when Witt was injured, he got his chance. I don't no the status of Witt's fitness for next week however, if he is fit he should be our halfback. When Witt was on the field, he performed very well and complimented Widdop's style and handled defence on the right side much better than Williams has done.

Having said all this, our number one problem is the coach. Price must be sacked and a more experience coach be recruited to take his place. The forward squad needs some changes but the big problem is more to do with the preparation of the side and the production of a winning game plan.

AGREE about Price,but curious to who was going to be first choice halfback when they bought Williams.Witt wasnt signed at that stage and Stanley was recuperating,please dont say Stanley anyone shouldve been wary of wacking him straight back into first grade after such a long stint away from the game and it would show what poor judges the whole management team are if thats the case.I would be very cautious about recommending Witt as the main man his shoulder is obviously troublesome would be far better to back the young bloke in Williams and give him a bit of support instead of the axe hanging over him weekly.

blacksafake

First Grade
Quinlan needs to play for the cutters, simple 5-6 weeks and see if he does any good. But at the moment he looks like a scared little boy and made widdop have to do everything. I was watching Quinlan as I don't really rate him and he communicates with no one, he doesnt command the ball and made us look too damn predictable as widdop was pretty much the only playmaker so Souths were just marking up on widdop with no worries about Quinlan doing anything. Bring back Williams or Witt, maybe even Kyle.

This