What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Ritson Article

DJDL

Bench
There's a good article on the Sharks website about Adam Ritson.
Apparently this year marks 40 years since his debut at the ripe old age of 16.

He was awesome to watch in his short time, and a shame he was lost to the game so young.

I'll never forget watching the Sharks vs Knights in Rd1 1995.
Every time Ritson took the ball up, Adam Muir made it his mission to take his head off.
Stiff arm after stiff arm all night.
Ritson so bad he was throwing up, but then back into it for another hit up, and another head high.

And every time, Kelvin Jeffs calling Muir out and saying "Don't do it again, or I'll tell you not to do it again, again".

It just wouldn't be tolerated now.

Frenzy.

Immortal
20 years since his debut @DJDL I'm guessing you meant to write
He's 47 now. Debuted at 16 in 1993. Lots of faulty maths around.

I coached against Adam when he was with the Miranda Magpies. This would have been U11s till U14s. Our side had 2 fair mongrel kids of our own. They'd take AR on and even back then you could rely on the fact 1 of the 3 would get sent off. But despite that our side couldn't get the better of the Magpies as AR would always get them home. He was just too big and too talented back then. Rarely made any tackles though because he could only tackle high. He was about 5' 10" in the those lower age teams and his hit zone was the head LOL. Played like Beetson at 12 years old.

bluefox68

Staff member
He was such a gun. Loved watching him play. Was sad to see him go the Parramatta and much sadder seeing him exit the game.
Yeah - I met him out at a Mudgee Field Day not long after he retired.

He was working for the NRL when they did country promotions with a semi-trailer full of NRL (or whatever it was called) merchandise etc…

He was a very gentle bloke - and still a big human!

Peach & Apricot

Juniors
Yeah - I met him out at a Mudgee Field Day not long after he retired.

He was working for the NRL when they did country promotions with a semi-trailer full of NRL (or whatever it was called) merchandise etc…

He was a very gentle bloke - and still a big human!

The NRL Road Train. They should bring it back!