What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ADELAIDE TEST: Australia v India Dec 9-13 2014

TheParraboy

Staff member
Adelaide test is now first test of the summer

Gabba test 17-21 Dec 2014

MCG test 26-30 Dec 2014

SCG test 6-10 Jan 2015

Last edited:
Not that the result will be at the front of everyone's minds, I think the first five overs regardless of whether we bat or bowl first will give you an idea of the result.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Not that the result will be at the front of everyone's minds, I think the first five overs regardless of whether we bat or bowl first will give you an idea of the result.

Agree, the result wont mean much at games end

It could go pear shape for us, or it could motivate us to play as hard as we can and win it for Phil mentality.

There will be some sobering moments when a player reaches 63 or a ton

Matt23

Staff member
At the moment there's got to be a huge question over the make up of the Australian team, which is very understandable.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I think the vast majority will play. It will be with a heavy heart but in the long run it will be for the best.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
in the end, the players will play for phil, it's what he would want. so i assume our best team will be out there.

1.Warner
2. Rogers
3. Watson
4. Smith
5. Clarke
6. Marsh
7. Haddin
8. Johnson
9. Hazelwood
10. Harris
11. Lyon

lockyno1

Post Whore
Surely Pup won't be back anyway he has done 3 hammies in a short space in time.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
i doubt he misses the game, i think he would sacrifice the world cup, if it means he gets to captain the first game in honor of Phil.

lockyno1

Post Whore
i doubt he misses the game, i think he would sacrifice the world cup, if it means he gets to captain the first game in honor of Phil.

Just can't see him being fit, but you are probably right. However we carried a 10% fit Clarke the last series and it ended badly.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Sunderland said they would take a few extra players to Adelaide just in case some of the players are not ready.

Clarke has already made himself unavailable and I've not seen anything to change that.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Rhino may not play, he said before Phils tragedy that he wasn't ready for the 1st test at the Gabba that he felt like another Shield game. Hasn't played since and even said he may sit it out due to being too emotional. Highly unlikely he will play for mine

This is the side they will pick I think

Warner
Rogers
Watson
Marsh
Smith (vc)
MMarsh
Haddin (c)
Johnson
Siddle
Hazlewood
Lyon

Id say Starc, Ferguson (home venue), Burns, SOK, Faulkner would be guys considered on standby

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Rhino may not play, he said before Phils tragedy that he wasn't ready for the 1st test at the Gabba that he felt like another Shield game. Hasn't played since and even said he may sit it out due to being too emotional. Highly unlikely he will play for mine

This is the side they will pick I think

Warner
Rogers
Watson
Marsh
Smith (vc)
MMarsh
Haddin (c)
Johnson
Siddle
Hazlewood
Lyon

Id say Starc, Ferguson (home venue), Burns, SOK, Faulkner would be guys considered on standby

batting looks OK but geez Sids and Lyon are huge weaknesses for us

Burns is probabaly a bit green and alot further down the pecking order

TheParraboy

Staff member
no surprises, cover for Clarke

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-india-2014-15/content/current/story/807169.html

Shaun Marsh added to Test squad

Brydon Coverdale

December 4, 2014

Shaun Marsh has been added to Australia's squad for the first Test, which will begin in Adelaide on Tuesday. Australia's cricketers were due to assemble in Adelaide on Thursday afternoon, after Wednesday's emotional farewell for their team-mate Phillip Hughes at a funeral in Macksville.

Marsh's inclusion comes as uncertainty surrounds the fitness of captain Michael Clarke, whose hamstring injury had been likely to rule him out of the first Test when it was due to be played at the Gabba. The revised fixture means the season now starts five days later, but naturally Clarke has been unable to complete his recovery programme over the past week.

Matt23

Staff member
No real surprise, I'd still have Ferguson on standby as well, just in case, in better news Rhino's ready to go although id be inclined to leave him for the Gabba Test

Timbo

Staff member
I heard on FSN today that the plan was to drop Siddle for Haze, but they're worried that the Adelaide deck will be flat and they'll need someone who can bowl all day.

Stupid decision, if for no other reason than Marsh and Watson can bowl medium pacers in that role.

Latest posts