What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advance orders and review

legend

Coach
G'day guys. Willow and I visited the guys at HES today and we got to have a go at the new NRL game and I loved it.

We played the X Box version and having never used an X Box console before, I picked up the moves pretty quick which is saying something as I am very uncoordinated when it comes to learning new games.

The features are excellent. There are head highs and spear tackles (no fights though) and the stadiums are laid out very nicely. I played Suncorp, Telstra, Aussie and of course Canberra Stadium in the wind and rain.

I found the game very addictive and i'll be doing a full review in the next 24 hours. Many thanks to David from HES who answered all my questions with ease. There is also some video footage of Mario on the game. :D

We are also takin advance orders for the release which should be end of October/early November.

All advance orders will receive a 5% discount on the RRP. Willow will elaborate more on that int he next couple of hours.

Cheers.

Moffo

Referee
In the words of that song from Grease..."Tell me more, Tell me more, did u put on a score?" :lol:

Awesome, do let us know more in detail. Can't wait for Oct 30

Cheers,
Moffo

legend

Coach
I played the game about half a dozen times at a different venue each game and they all look great.

Andrew Voss does the commentary while Steve Clark is the voice of the referee.

The sqauds are up to date as of late June so I had to make do with Phil Graham scoring a swag of tries against the Dogs. :lol:

Some of the players look very similar to their real life profiles. Of the Raiders players, I thought Ryan O'Hara, Ruben Wiki and Jamaal Lolesi looked excellent.

Sherwin, Blacklock, Ryles and Kimmorley are also easily indentifiable.

The actual gameplay is very smooth. It only took me a game or so to get the feel before I was chipping, throwing inside balls and making some big hits and spear tackles.

You can't be sent off. Max penalty is ten in the bin for spear tackles and head high.

Moffo

Referee
cant get sent off? That goes against everything that has been said in here over the last few months mate ;-)

Mario, can u confirm or deny?

Did you get the dogs to cain the rudderless raiders by 50 mate? :lol:

Cheers,
Moffo

Moffo

Referee
and does blacklock run 100m without changing his mind at least once? :lol:

They should have in game story lines...like in May, your told that Blacklock has decided to join the Rahs and by July he has decided to mow lawns in Nimbin for a living :lol:

Cheers,
Moffo

MC DUI

Juniors
legend said:
Finished up a 12 all draw. We was robbed I tell ya! :D

So does that mean there is no Golden Point as a standard rule like this season? Or is it just an option you need to turn on?

MC DUI

Juniors
King Joey said:
legend said:

Golden point??

You know, like when its a draw at full time the teams keep playing with the first point scorers winning the game. Its called Golden Point isn't it?

JoeD

First Grade
Did you play against the AI or did you and Willow play a game against eachother. If so - who won???

Mario

Juniors
King Joey said:
legend said:

Golden point??

Golden Point is in the game in the NRL season, but not in friendly matches.

When creating custom competitions, you have the option of turning it on or off.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
Parra_Eels said:
looks like a great game. i reckon the unlockable team is newtown unless legend and willow can tell us.

Nah i think the unlockable team will either be an All-Time best Kangaroos team or the design team of the game.

MC DUI

Juniors
CycloneSteve said:
Parra_Eels said:
looks like a great game. i reckon the unlockable team is newtown unless legend and willow can tell us.

Nah i think the unlockable team will either be an All-Time best Kangaroos team or the design team of the game.

Agrees with CycloneSteve