What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*AEW Chat*

Choppy91

Juniors
Anyone catch that deadeye off the ladder through the table on Dynamite? Never thought anyone would consider agreeing to do that. Hats off to Pac.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Promo game is off the charts at the moment. Eddie, MJF, Punk and Miro are killing it. Best stuff since the attitude era. How Vince thinks wrestlers need 20+ writers is beyond me.

mackdadday

Juniors
Dannngggggggggg Cody and Brandi gone? Rumour has it in contact with WWE? Hope its a work. Seemed ready to go number 1 heel.

Dannngggggggggg Cody and Brandi gone? Rumour has it in contact with WWE? Hope its a work. Seemed ready to go number 1 heel.
Will be interesting to see what happens with AEW TV now. While Rhodes may not have been everyone's cup of tea, he was the EVP whose position was focused more on actual wrestling rather than spotfests.

Big Pete

Referee
Another well received PPV as well.

I'd say the big takeaway of the show was Wardlow turning on MJF while also winning the multi-man ladder match. As cartoony as the Wardlow-MJF storyline has been, the fans are into it and they're into Wardlow who is beginning to break out as a star.

William Regal made his debut in AEW and appeared to form an unlikely truce between Moxley & Danielson. This could be a potentially huge development in the company and could become the major focus moving forward, so it'll be interesting to see what the fall-out is.

Page retained against Cole. It was a bad night all-around for the Elite with the Bucks and reDragon failing to capture the titles from the Jurassic Express. Don Callis made his first appearance since I believe Full Gear and revealed that Omega isn't too far away, so it appears things could come ahead between The Elite and The Undisputed Era.

Eddie Kingston scored the biggest win in his AEW career against Chris Jericho. Matt Hardy lost the 6-Man tag team match and appears to be on the outs with the AHFO. In the same match Sting was doing balcony dives. Both Jade and Dr Britt Baker retained in their respective matches, AEW loyalists were pretty disappointed in the Baker/Rosa match.

Paige VanZant & Jeff Hardy are now officially part of the AEW roster. Interestingly, Hardy has the classic"Hardy Boyz" music, as that song is actually public domain.

Big Pete

Referee
Claudio Castignoli is All Elite after debuting against Zack Sabre Jr at Forbidden Door.

The show was well received with Jon Moxley becoming Interim Champion, PAC becoming All-Atlantic Champion and FTR becoming IWGP Tag Team Champions.

Only downer was Adam Cole suffering a concussion. It appears Cole went into the match with a shoulder injury and despite ducking a Rainmaker attempt still ate the opportunistic pin from Jay White as he couldn't carry on.

ROH is set to have it's second show under Khan's ownership with Death Before Dishonor taking place on July 23rd. So expect the next month or so to be dedicated to building that card up. Current ROH Champions include

World Champion: Jonathan Gresham
TV Champion: Samoa Joe
Tag Champion: FTR
Women's Champion: Mercedes Martinez
Pure Champion: Wheeler Yuta

shiznit

Coach
Mate I watched some of this… only like the 2nd time I’ve seen AEW…

I was straight tripping to see an actual kiwi doing wrestling… 😂😂

never heard of the bloke in my life but he looked pretty bloody good… although that ending looked botched… 😂😂

I don’t think I’ve seen a kiwi in wrestling since the bushwhackers…. 😂😂