What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFL player dies in Vegas

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/au...ent-in-las-vegas/story-e6frf7jo-1226470914423

AN AFL footballer has died in an incident in Las Vegas.

The man was holidaying in the gambling mecca, according to sporting sources, when he is believed to have been found dead within the last 12 hours.

Victorian authorities are trying to reach family to inform them of the tragedy.

Players of his club are also understood to have been called together for a briefing on the incident.

More to come ...

Why in TFC for this?

I was going to post it in here as well.

Not as a dig at AFL , just thought the most people would see it here instead of the AFL sub forum.

I take it most people have the class not to turn this into a us vs them thing.

Condolences to the family.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Just heard on the ABC24 news that a Port Adelaide AFL player has died in Las Vegas, possible due to a fall from a balcony.

Clifferd

Coach
As much as I hate AFL, you don't wish death on anyone really, especially over a game.

Condolences to close friends and family.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
As much as this place is shits and giggles, this is never a good outcome.

A young man in the prime of his life, vale.

age.s

First Grade
Sportal pushed enough hints and made it pretty easy to figure out. Classy. :roll:

I'm as vocal as any about how much I hate the AFL, but we're all human beings with family and loved ones. Seeing a young bloke killed like that is awful no matter what sport and club he played for. RIP.

Big Sam

First Grade
Awful news no matter the code or team involved. RIP.

But how is it he 'fell from a balcony' when I've heard almost all hotels in Vegas don't allow their windows to be opened, let alone allow their rooms to have a balcony?

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Awful news no matter the code or team involved. RIP.

But how is it he 'fell from a balcony' when I've heard almost all hotels in Vegas don't allow their windows to be opened, let alone allow their rooms to have a balcony?

Breaking news on ABC24 reported this. Later they said they had been in contact with the hotel involved, the Flamingo, and sources stated an Australian male had been found dead at the southern entrance of the hotel on Sunday afternoon, US time.

Iafeta

Referee
Tragic to hear. I still vividly remember what the loss of Sonny Fai meant to the Warriors... 2009 was screwed horrifically, there's no coaching textbook to get your blokes up for a season after that.

Still, while it was sad for the club, it would have been a horror show for his family. Sorry to hear about this young lad's death, rest in peace.

Latest posts