What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFL players in League

KING1319

Juniors
We all know Karmichael Hunt has left for the big bucks in AFL
and we are really starting to lose players to other codes Cooper Vuna just signed with the Melb Rebels super 15 team.So if you had to get revenge on the AFL and get back one of its super stars who would it be?

A few years ago I saw Port Adelaides, David Rodan and thought, that guy is definitely in the wrong code.His Bulkier frame and really good side step would be really suited in the NRL.

Would you pick a fast thinking player like Chris Judd, a well known tackle breaker like Garry Abllett or a powerful forward like Jonathan Brown(he's a little slow but would make a powerful centre)

Despite the major drawbacks of the AFL players such as lack of tackling ability and passing ability. Wouldn't it be interesting seeing how the would go in the NRL??

What are your thoughts

beads6

First Grade
TBH most AFL players would be centres, wingers or fullbacks IMO. They are all good under the high ball and pretty quick. Buddy Franklin would be a lot like Inglis IMO,

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Max Rourke said he wanted to play League, he'd probably make a good back rower.

Cant see any props in the AFL.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Majority of afl players are too small to be anything except wingers, and even then they'd struggle. Imagine Akermanis or Voss trying to tackle Vatuvei...

Plus they wouldn't be allowed to jump on other players backs to catch the ball in RL. Not to mention that they'd have to hold onto the ball when they catch it. Plus they can only pass backwards, offside rule, no fumbles/knock-ons/etc.

Way too complicated for them.

Majority of afl players are too small to be anything except wingers, and even then they'd struggle. Imagine Akermanis or Voss trying to tackle Vatuvei...

Plus they wouldn't be allowed to jump on other players backs to catch the ball in RL. Not to mention that they'd have to hold onto the ball when they catch it. Plus they can only pass backwards, offside rule, no fumbles/knock-ons/etc.

Way too complicated for them.

Plus they would have to get used to 10 interchanges a game ...not 100+.

eagles4eva

First Grade
And it would be embarrassing each time they managed to tackle someone and yelling at the ref “holding the ball”

Swamp

Juniors
Be interesting to see their reaction to shoulder driven up under the ribcage instead of an elbow to the back of the head!

Swamp

Be interesting to see their reaction to shoulder driven up under the ribcage instead of an elbow to the back of the head!

Swamp
They wouldn't have a clue what to do with someone coming at them front on.
They would be expecting the usual booby rub instead of a smashing under the ribs tackle.

KING1319

Juniors
WHY THE HELL DID IZZY LEAVE????
I suppos personally i would leave nrl aswell if i was getting paid maybe triple my potential in nrl, but it is such a waste that Izzy left for AFL.Unless he works extremely hard he will be a massive flop and will be a 100% promotional signing rather than professional.

Too bad for all the afl kids whose money is going to Izzy instead of them.

The NRL better get REVENGE

My suggestion is to fire heaps of current players who would be uselss in afl so the afl cant buy them.mostly the forwards and replace them by spending all they have left on big name afl stars.Gary Ablett, Chris Judd, Nick Natanui and all the rising stars, SIGN THEM AL!!!!!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Let them leave they will be back, they will succeed and make great dollars. Then be back for the real challenge. As for VFL player making in league, hahahahahahaha, no skills, that is the only reason boys in NSW and Qld play VFL is because theycould not make the league, union, soccer, netball, chess, bowls or photocopying team.

As if a VFL player could play NRL bwwwhahahahahaha

nqcowboy87

Bench
As for VFL player making in league, hahahahahahaha, no skills, that is the only reason boys in NSW and Qld play VFL is because theycould not make the league, union, soccer, netball, chess, bowls or photocopying team.

dont forget glee club

KING1319

Juniors
Let them leave they will be back, they will succeed and make great dollars. Then be back for the real challenge. As for VFL player making in league, hahahahahahaha, no skills, that is the only reason boys in NSW and Qld play VFL is because theycould not make the league, union, soccer, netball, chess, bowls or photocopying team.

LMFAO:lol::lol::lol:

Fein

First Grade
Gayeffella's don't have the speed, skill or toughness to play Rugby League.

The only sports I could see a transition for a gayeffella player to make are a punter in the NFL (there's been a couple), a Soccer goalkeeper (possibly state level for the very best gayeffella), a Gaelic Footballer (County Cork reserves) or Basketball (level below what the Cairns Taipans play).

I saw someone suggest Netball recently.

No way.

Too much body contact in Netball and the catching skills required are sublime compared to AFL, even though both are "360 degree" games.