What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Afternoon games

Diesel

Referee
After 4 Saturday arvo this year & 4 or 5 on the back of last season I think this has been a really good move by the NRL & Fox.

The crowds have been better than I expected, the games have been good quality and less drop balls or handling errors as there is not as much dew around. It's an opportunity to bring a long families and younger kids and will be even more attractive come the winter months. As for Fox, they'd have to be getting better ratings than the 2nd game that was delayed at 9:30.

Even when you're not near a TV on Saturday, it's great to have RL on the radio in the background.

If NZ gets a second team this 3pm game could be owned by the NZ clubs or the 2pm game on Sunday (12pm AEST) to give 3 Sunday games.

How many here are in favour of the Saturday 3pm game or not?

pHyR3

Juniors
love it! great move by the NRL. the only collision between games should be on Fridays and that should be sorted by telecasting NSW games to NSW, QLD games to QLD and the other one on delay in both states at 9:30pm.

Besides that, have 3 games Saturday, 3 games Sunday and NO games on monday. Such a shit timeslot for crowds and probably ratings too. It's always some lacklustre game like Raiders vs Sharks. Put that on Sunday 5:30 and it'll pull slightly better crowds and much better ratings.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I love it, I hope the crowds continue to show (Warriors 5pm kickoff seems to be working well so far)...

I'm a fan of 2pm-3pm Sunday (til we get 4pm anyway)... glad the 6:30 games are done with.