What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ages in Premier League this year?

roopy

Referee
This is the Newcastle team for this week's game;

Dean Amos - 26
Joshua Smith - 23
Gavin Quinn - 21
Michael Young - 19
Luke Mercer - 18
Todd Bates - 19
Chris Tyrie - 19
Daniel Tolar - 19
Michael Ennis - 18
Matthew Kennedy - 21
Reegan Tanner - 20
Blake Mueller (c) - 20
Todd Lowrie - 19
Interchange:

Mark Jaques - 20
Matthew Bartlett - 19
Dane Tilse - 18
Brendan Worth - 18
Riley Brown - 18
Matthew White - 18

The average age of the team has dropped to just about under 20 since the Flegg competition ended and many under 19 players have been promoted to the Premier League side.

I was wondering if this is happening at every club?

brook

First Grade
It should happen

Balmain have so far only promoted one player to the first division side (captain robbie farah this week) however I have heard that they are planning on eventually adding 6 of our flegg boys to our premier league squad (and a few others to link up with ryde-eastwood) and I will be very disapointed if that doesn't happen.

imo the new flegg structure can be counted a failure if at least 50% of those kids don't go on to play in the premier league or Jim Beam cup this year - elite footballers of 17 and 18 years of age should not be spending the majority of their season in local comps.

ball boy

Bench
the raiders have had alwyan simpson, micheal weyman and nick koupartis and there is probably more but that is all i can think of

brook

First Grade
from flegg so far we've now had

robbie farah - 18 (also played first grade)
bronson harrison - 17
jaime nowland - 18
franco kmet - 18
bryan dickson - 18
luke thompson - 18
simon greally - 18
todd barrow - 18
mick harper - 18
luke waihape - 18 (i think he's played although he's mostly been with the hawkes)

most of the rest of our premier league team would be aged around 20-21, the oldest I know of would be mark luland who is i think 23 so we're a very young team all up

Mighty Tiger

Bench
brook said:
most of the rest of our premier league team would be aged around 20-21, the oldest I know of would be mark luland who is i think 23 so we're a very young team all up

Tippett is the oldest I think he's 24

Also forgot Dene ;-)

brook

First Grade
dene is 20 and from last years flegg, as is brett kelly, jeff lima and gary white :) (although i think garry may actually be 19 - not sure)

you're right i did forget about tippet but still thats still a good young team

and most of the of the rest are 21 although theres 3 or 4 22 year olds and mark at 23

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Lol How old would Obst be ????

lol we were talking about this the other day and could only think of mark but our halves seem to be the oldest in the whole PL comp lol

brook

First Grade
dunno...i don't think obst is all that old?

and remember craig field is playing for newtown!!! lol

Latest posts