What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ahhh feck, the broncos smell suspiciously like post origin hang over :(

Not much to say, except, with a loss to the dogs, a very close win over the raiders and a lost to the eagles, it would appear the origin hangover has decided to rear its ugly head. How does this keep happening? Bennet apparantly gave all his origin players heaps of time off over the period, i just cant understand it. I dont want ANOTHER year of f**king lacklustre finals performances. WB, fix it please.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Something tells me things aren't going to get any better with you lot facing St George next week.

scottyeel

Bench
I agree, they haven't looked real dangerous the last few weeks. If they aren't pumped up for next week then i think they are in real trouble.

salivor

First Grade
The sad thing is that Lockyer is coming into form after a lean trot, it's just the guys around him are just giving him nothing at the moment. For most of that second half the forwards were no where to be seen when the ball was ready to be taken up and everyone was bunched behind the play the ball, Lockyer isn't a miracle man, he can't work with that kind of rubbish.

We had a very minimal amount of players involved in this years Origin, it's time to stop make excuses, if Bennett doesn't give the guys a bollocking at training this week and tells them to start aiming up then I give in.

aussies1st

Staff member
It doesn't seem to matter whether or not guys like Webckle retire from orgin or not. Same result.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Fridge'n'A'Freezer is important to them as well - and he was missing wasn't he?

salivor

First Grade
Civoniceva was out and to make matters worse Bennett omitted Thaiday from the bench leaving us with only one prop in Parker. Manly didn't even play a 5/8, they came ready for a forward struggle and we go in with Webcke, Carlaw and Parker as our only front rowers, go figure.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Brisbane Burntouts have returned. I've been saying the wobbles have been there the last few weeks. But look at it fairly. That was a great game of footy...

Manly should have Heckenberg and Watmough back for the next match.

Bullrider

Juniors
Wait till Berrigan comes back. He is one of the most important parts of the Broncos team. The hooking is absolute sh*t. But Barnes is showing a bit but is still young.

thats also right, they DIDNT HAVE MANY f**kING PLAYING ORIGIN. I just dont know why this happens, DAM BRONCOS. I know some fans, and justifiably so will go 'ur still goin good stop winging'. But if we play like this in the finals, we have NO CHANCE, as opposed to other teams. Others, on their day, may have a chance in the GF, but the broncos, when they are like this, are just bloody dead wood. COMON FELLAS FFS.

brokendigit

Juniors
Beware the beaten Broncos... For as long as they've been in the Comp, I've HATED playing the Broncos after a loss...

SHD

Juniors
We're well past origin, i'd say it's less origin hangover and more traditional end of season slump for Brisbane.
Brokendigit makes a good point. They'll be hurting. We'll be confident. It will be good. Friday excites me.

Coaster

Bench
It was just a piss poor performance from the Broncos today(fullstop)

Im a Lockyer fan, but that was the worst i have ever seen him play in a game of football since his test debut.

I cant remeber them even kicking the ball once in the second half except on the second tacle with 30 seconds to go:evil:

Pathetic game from them, i expect a massive turn around next week, like after the Melbourne nightmmare.

I think we've probably seen the best of Brisbane this season. They'll probably still make the grand final by default, but they'll be cannon-fodder for St George in the grand final. Canterbury the only other chance.

curious said:
Not sure if you have noticed, but Broncos know how to win GF's against StG

And the same players from 1992-3 will be taking part in this year's grand final? Wow. I didn't realise. Can;t wait to see the Pearl in action again!

Latest posts