What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aimless kicks on last tackle - Standard Fare From Roosters

Hiekka

Juniors
Case in point. Roosters down by 12 points against Dragons on Monday with less than15 minutes to play. Comes to last tackle and Roosters are about 40 metres out. You'd expect a bomb or possibly a chip kick - but what do we get from the Roosters - an aimless kick for field placement which heads straight to Darius Boyd without any pressure whatsoever.

If this was a one off it wouldn't be so bad - but this is regular fare from the Roosters.

Why on earth could a professional footballer think it would be a good idea to meekly hand over possession with a field placement kick when his team has only a handful of sets left in the game and needing 3 tries to win????

I wonder what Brian Smith says when he runs through the tape of the game with the team.

Got to give the Roosters 100% for effort though against the Dragons. They will need to bring in a new player though with spark if they are to be competitive with Todd Carney not being available.

Nugby

Juniors
Aside from Pearce's all round kicking game being up there with Benji's at the start of this season, I just couldn't work out why they saved all their best attacking kicks (where they put bombs up and applied pressure) to the left (Nigtingale v Carney) instead of the right (Morris v Leulia). Sure it's more comfortable for Pearce to place them that side, but his chances of a result where surely less likely!

Aside from Pearce's all round kicking game being up there with Benji's at the start of this season, I just couldn't work out why they saved all their best attacking kicks (where they put bombs up and applied pressure) to the left (Nigtingale v Carney) instead of the right (Morris v Leulia). Sure it's more comfortable for Pearce to place them that side, but his chances of a result where surely less likely!

Should've kicked them up the middle to a prop they'd have more chance of catching it than the Roosters "wingers" atm

RWB

Bench
We do lack a lot of creativity from our spine when Carney is away, hopefully that changes soon with Mini's retirement immanent or at least a return to the wing.

As for it being a 'regular fare' I'm not sure how much you've watched of us lately... our kicking game is far from our main problems at the moment.

H.H

Juniors
We do lack a lot of creativity from our spine when Carney is away, hopefully that changes soon with Mini's retirement immanent or at least a return to the wing.

As for it being a 'regular fare' I'm not sure how much you've watched of us lately... our kicking game is far from our main problems at the moment.
As a fellow Rooster, I'd have to disagree on some of that. Mini was close to our best on Monday so he still has plenty to offer.

And the kicking game is just awful and played a big part in us not converting that posession into pressure and then points. There is no composure or thought behind it from Pearce, which is the same in his general play.

The guy really needs to start developing his game. Understand he's still only 21, but it's his 5th season in first grade. He needs to be doing better.

Latest posts