What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AJ will not break try record

Estoniandogg

Juniors
I am going to do and say Alex will not break 212 record of tries.

Unless maybe he is gifted in an embarrasing way sometimes players do. Example, Latrell makes break and with a smile pass ball to AJ with no defender to score.

I think he level out around 200.

I watch him.
He is losing the PACE, 4 years ago there is fox article comparing him to JAC etc as top 5 in comp.

His defence is embarrassing, he is not muscly when doing hitups (always was) and teams this year has been doing the targets on him when kicking.

When we are winning maybe he can be carry until season 2025 but it is not happened there is pressure so much. JD get pressure to make big change or new coach same.

I think he get 197/198 this yr (10-12 catch and pass trys), get dropped next year and get sympathy selection to get him to 200 over season course.

The big thing is he lose pace this year. I have seen this with Josh mansur last years at penrith and Hopoate.
It is beginning of the end and this will snowball quick u watch me.

doyen

Bench

Unless maybe he is gifted in an embarrasing way sometimes players do. Example, Latrell makes break and with a smile pass ball to AJ with no defender to score.

I watch him.
He is losing the PACE, 4 years ago there is fox article comparing him to JAC etc as top 5 in comp.

His defence is embarrassing, he is not muscly when doing hitups (always was) and teams this year has been doing the targets on him when kicking.

When we are winning maybe he can be carry until season 2025 but it is not happened there is pressure so much. JD get pressure to make big change or new coach same.

I think he get 197/198 this yr (10-12 catch and pass trys), get dropped next year and get sympathy selection to get him to 200 over season course.

The big thing is he lose pace this year. I have seen this with Josh mansur last years at penrith and Hopoate.
Alex turned 29 yrs in January this year----he needs 25 tries to pass Ken Irvine's 212----if he plays until he's 32/33 years old he only requires an average of 7 to 8 tries a season---he is an expert finisher & doesn't make errors---I'd back him to get the record for sure---Sths tried to get rid of him a couple of years ago & the members & fans kicked up a big stink so Sths signed him again---he has either been the scorer of the most tries in a season since then or right up there with the very best scorers---I'd be very surprised if he doesn't break the record !!!

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors

I watch him.

Nathan Merritt was NRL top try scorer even though Souths finished last for 3 seasons

Estoniandogg

Juniors
Alex turned 29 yrs in January this year----he needs 25 tries to pass Ken Irvine's 212----if he plays until he's 32/33 years old he only requires an average of 7 to 8 tries a season---he is an expert finisher & doesn't make errors---I'd back him to get the record for sure---Sths tried to get rid of him a couple of years ago & the members & fans kicked up a big stink so Sths signed him again---he has either been the scorer of the most tries in a season since then or right up there with the very best scorers---I'd be very surprised if he doesn't break the record !!!
Remember this yes, but my point is he is liability now and slipping. He was fast 2 year back and slight diminished last year but this year is diminished big time.
Little players on speed do not really last past 30, this is true. Cannot think of much players after 30 who was wingers and small who relies on speed. No chance he play still at 33.

doyen

Bench
Remember this yes, but my point is he is liability now and slipping. He was fast 2 year back and slight diminished last year but this year is diminished big time.
Little players on speed do not really last past 30, this is true. Cannot think of much players after 30 who was wingers and small who relies on speed. No chance he play still at 33.

doyen

Bench
AJ WILL break the try-scoring record--no doubt in my mind about this---he is still very,very fast--he is still the fastest Sths player---he has a mortgage on his wing spot too for years to come---go,Alex, break Ken Irvine's record !! If Alex doesn't break the record it won't be his fault !!

Wizardman

First Grade

I watch him.

I think there is some evidence on your side that AJ may not reach Irvine. I think the lack of quality backs depth at Souths are factors that certainly work for Alex. The obvious factor against is his form......it is certainly up for debate.

Estoniandogg

Juniors
I think there is some evidence on your side that AJ may not reach Irvine. I think the lack of quality backs depth at Souths are factors that certainly work for Alex. The obvious factor against is his form......it is certainly up for debate.
I have suspicion that Addo Carr becomes souths player in next year which will address speed issues and doggs have surplus in backline

Estoniandogg

Juniors
AJ WILL break the try-scoring record--no doubt in my mind about this---he is still very,very fast--he is still the fastest Sths player---he has a mortgage on his wing spot too for years to come---go,Alex, break Ken Irvine's record !! If Alex doesn't break the record it won't be his fault !!
Very confident.
1. teams are attacking him with kicks, coach will notice.
2. He is leaking defensive, coach will notice. Dom young went through him like paper.
3. Speakin of Young, rumour is he very close to signing with south this year, they are in market for winger already
4. he is fast but speed has diminish noticably in 12 month, also at that age it start to happen.
4.5. If team is not so good big changes will happen and i think he is in firing line. Outside backs is easy to recruit

He is 2 bad games or one big injury from being finish.

Estoniandogg

Juniors
Very confident.
1. teams are attacking him with kicks, coach will notice.
2. He is leaking defensive, coach will notice. Dom young went through him like paper.
3. Speakin of Young, rumour is he very close to signing with south this year, they are in market for winger already
4. he is fast but speed has diminish noticably in 12 month, also at that age it start to happen.
4.5. If team is not so good big changes will happen and i think he is in firing line. Outside backs is easy to recruit

He is 2 bad games or one big injury from being finish.
No pleasure to say this really.
But should probably change my username to Muhammad, because looks like im the prophet.