What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Albert Kelly gone

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Lets not pretend Blair was a big loss. He wasn't. Albert Kelly is.

This guy was pretty much the heart and soul of your playmaking whenever he wasn't injured. Sezor is a journeyman and the grub couldn't coordinate a hotdog stand.

You guys will be swimming with the Parra and Canberra fish next year.

goodplayer

Juniors
Lets not pretend Blair was a big loss. He wasn't. Albert Kelly is.

This guy was pretty much the heart and soul of your playmaking whenever he wasn't injured. Sezor is a journeyman and the grub couldn't coordinate a hotdog stand.

You guys will be swimming with the Parra and Canberra fish next year.
and swimming with the sharks ;-)

Wizardman

First Grade
GC must be absolutely stuffed financially to let him go. Very bad move for both parties that he is going to the UK.

It has taken a long time to get Kelly going in his career. He needed more time in the discipline of the NRL....instead, he is taking an easier way out...shame.

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
Very bad news for GC. Good news for KR though. Mortimer is a better hooker than a five eighth & Sezer is pretty average, Hazard might be good though.

Card Shark

Immortal
GC must be absolutely stuffed financially to let him go.

Well they built that massive "State Of The Art" high performance building & now they are training elsewhere.

Doesn't make sense to me. The White Elephant just gets bigger & whiter.

WellsNZ

Juniors
After getting his shit sorted, Kelly had blossomed into one of my absolute favourite players in the competition to watch. A shame to not have him in the NRL somewhere.

axl rose

Bench
Managed to offer the likes of Super coach Cartwright and Zillman 5 year deals yet let their best half prospect go. Yes i know its different management now. Kellys style of play was the only thing keeping most fans awake. Being on the northern rivers there was a lot of hype for the Titans when they re entered the comp. I can tell you its absolutely dead now. Sad.

Last edited:

goodplayer

Juniors
Managed to offer the likes of Super coach Cartwright and Zillman 5 year deals yet let their best half prospect go. Yes i know its different management now. Kellys style of play was the only thing keeping most fans awake. Being on the northern rivers there was a lot of hype for the Titans when they re entered the comp. I can tell you its absolutely dead now. Sad.

what should the NRL do with the titans ?

Card Shark

Immortal

That is sad mate, very sad .

I understand there is a lot of transients living in the area but there is also a lot of rugby league loving people in the surrounding areas, such as yourself.

The club should be blossoming but it seems the previous administration have killed it?

What do you think are the main reasons people have turned away from the Titans?

some11

Referee
Searle and Cartwright.

Results didn't matter, self serving arseholes keeping themselves in a job.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Care to elaborate?

Q: Halfback Albert Kelly spent most of the year on the sidelines. Does he have a future at the club?

A: He?s contracted next year. We can?t question his ability and talent. He?s got that x-factor that we?ve lacked to score points and create something. His attitude needs to improve. There?s no doubt about that. He needed to apply himself more to his recovery and rehabilitation.
http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...finals-next-year/story-fnj9yd9w-1227057035254

Card Shark

Immortal
Shame to see great talent go to waste.

These blokes will wake up 1 morning wondering where there life went, & why did they waste their gift .

Jason Maher

Immortal
A real shame. Sezer and Kelly were a great combo.

On a side note, Sezer must have had a go at I Bleed Moron's missus at some point.

Talanexor

Juniors
Just watch.

Neil Henry will sign some bog average, over-the-hill half from England as the replacement instead of developing junior talent.

The man knows how to spot promising young forwards, but that's about it.

At the Cowboys he tried these players in the halves:

- Travis Burns (maybe ok as a hooker or lock, not a 5/8th)
- Grant Rovelli (not 1st grade quality)
- Ben Jones (who? you ask...)
- Anthony Watts (talented player, total dickhead of a human though.)
- Arana Taumata (talented player if he could stay out of trouble, but better as a centre)
- Ray Thompson (not 1st grade quality, turned him into a hooker, we lost Segeyaro as a result)
- Michael Morgan (good player. Henry stunted his development by moving him between halves and centre)
- Robert Lui (despicable human being. Played like shit while Henry was here. Improved markedly under Green)

Point being, Henry can't coach or develop halves. Sorry guy - you're in for some tough seasons...