What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Albert Kelly re-signs

imasharkie

Coach
EXCLUSIVE: Sharks Kelly Re-Signs For Three Years
EXCLUSIVE

16/05/2011 12:09:19 PM

On the back of a stunning win against the Sydney Roosters, the Hisense Cronulla Sharks today confirmed the signing of boom five-eighth Albert Kelly on a new three-year-deal.
Having enjoyed an impressive start to the season, the livewire 20-year-old is seen as one of the Sharks long-term halves and the deal will see him remain at the club until at least the end of 2014.
The Bowraville Tigers junior made his first grade debut in round one of the 2010 season and says he never wanted to consider leaving the club.
“I’m over the moon to get the deal done,” Kelly told sharks.com.au.
“It’s a massive weight off my shoulders and I can now just concentrate on footy and getting my leg right for a speedy return.”
Kelly, the cousin of superstar Greg Inglis, suffered a broken fibula against the Cowboys in round seven that has forced him to watch his side from the sideline in recent weeks.
“I just wanted to sign the deal… the Sharks have been great to me and I’m really enjoying my time here.”
“It’s a great lifestyle, I feel right at home and I’m very excited about where the Sharks are currently at.
“I’ve enjoyed the challenge so far of playing in the halves and helping to lead the team around, we’re only going to improve and get better.
“It’s a great feeling wearing the black, white and blue and I’ll be a Shark for the next three years at least.”
Head coach Shane Flanagan was very excited about the Sharks latest re-signing.
“Albert is an exciting young talent and a potential superstar… his signing is a massive boost for the club,” Flanagan said.
“He’s young and unpredictable, and his start to the season really indicates that.”
“The coaching staff are very pleased with his commitment to the club for the next three years and we’re looking forward to seeing him develop even further.”
“His combinations already with players like Nathan Gardner and Anthony Tupou are very positive signs and his best footy is certainly still ahead of him.”
Kelly added: “Shane, Darren Mooney and the coaching staff have been great for me.”
“Flano is a great coach, he’s tough but fair and the boys love playing under him.”
“Sharks fans should be excited because I think we’re going to hit our straps soon and with a few more games under our belts and some of the boys coming back from injury, I think we can really rattle the competition.”
“Also having the opportunity to play with a captain like Paul Gallen, who is now the NSW Origin captain, is a massive thing for me… it gives me a lot of confidence.”
Kelly’s representative honours include playing for the Australian schoolboys side in 2008 and also playing for the under 18’s NSW Origin side. He looks set to return to the field against the Bulldogs in round 15 of the NRL competition.

http://www.sharks.com.au/default.as...lusive:-sharks-kelly-re-signs-for-three-years

Last edited by a moderator:

The Dodger

First Grade
i am happy about this.

maybe flanno is taking the same approach as wayne bennett in not believing front rowers are worth anything more than 200k.

images

RUBIKS

Juniors
I call shenanigans on those quotes from Kelly.

I've heard him interviewed.

100%

"We'll just spruik the place up if you don't mind mate, it'll hopefully help us get some other guys here..."

Personally I think it's a dud signing. However I hope he comes good.

I'd much rather see Penani(sp) from Toyota cup. He's got a heap more talent than Kelly and would be cheaper too.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Ima u just made my day bud

Unlucky reefy haha so I guess 3 more years of death riding from the lemon?

Special K

Coach
Good news but it makes me worried about mills. If he was a done deal why not do them both at the same time?

redback

Bench
Unlike some on this forum, he must have faith in our coach!

“Flano is a great coach, he’s tough but fair and the boys love playing under him.”

Last edited:

Since 73

First Grade
I'd rather keep him than Snowy or Dougie if it came down to the 3.

The difference between the best and worst props isn't that great, but the difference between the best and worst halves is a premiership.

And Kelly is a very good one getting better.

Great news.