What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alex--- Amazing News

Great news. Made my day.

Been thinking a lot lately about how he may be progressing and its awesome to hear about this achievement

JohnLawrence

Juniors
Fantastic news on Alex hope this is the start every NRL fan wanted to happen on behalf of all us Rooster Supporters

Noname36

First Grade
Alex McKinnon receives a hero’s welcome from Knights as he starts new chapter

MATT LOGUE
THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
JANUARY 24, 2015 12:00AM

ALEX McKinnon has returned home to Newcastle and is set to receive a hero’s welcome from teammates, who insist the inspirational injured Knight will provide a ‘significant’ boost for the club.

Close friend Beau Scott told the Daily Telegraph McKinnon is back living in Newcastle and will start a recruitment and commercial role with the Knights on Tuesday.

Scott said the playing group is ‘excited’ to reunite with their good mate again, admitting his presence will lift the entire club.

“Alex is home in Newcastle now and he was due back earlier this week,” revealed Scott, who has been in regular contact with McKinnon.

“I think it’s just great to get him back among a group of people will be a good thing.

“I know he is going to come in and do a bit of work with us at the Knights and he has got an office set up there.

“Obviously he’d be excited, but we’re excited to see him back and have him around the club again.

“I think it’s going to be as exciting for us as it will be for him, to tell you the truth.

“I think he’ll be in the office next week and it’s going to be a good time.”

Scott also revealed McKinnon is looking to build a new ‘wheelchair friendly’ house in Newcastle, but in the meantime he’ll remain in his current location.

This home was upgraded with a wheelchair ramp during RiseForAlex Round last year, giving McKinnon easier access and comfort.

“I think he is building a new house, which is going to be a lot better for him in the wheelchair,” he confirmed.

“But until that happens, he is just going to make it work at his old place.”

McKinnon’s long recovery from spinal trauma took a significant step forward last week when the Newcastle back-rower stood up with the assistance of his fiancee, Teigan Power.

Scott said was overjoyed to see his teammate on his feet for first time since suffering the injury in March last year and phoned him the day afterwards to pass on his best wishes.

“I actually spoke to Alex the night after he made that bit of progress when he stood up,” he said.

“He seemed in really good spirits, but I haven’t touched base with him since.”

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/alex-mckinnon-receives-a-heros-welcome-from-knights-as-he-starts-new-chapter/story-fnp0lyn3-1227194850491

Great to hear he's back. It's been such a hellish 10 months for him and the other players it's great they'll all be close and able to catch up again and Alex will have his mates close by while he's doing his rehab.

I would cop us never winning another title in my lifetime if it means seeing Alex walk onto The Stadium turf again one day. That is a sight you would never forget.

Still Nutty

Juniors
Article on the Knights website Tuesday - Alex moving on with the next phase of his life...great to see :clap::thumb...

Alex McKinnon commenced his role with the Newcastle Knights at the Wests Mayfield office on Tuesday.

“After returning to Newcastle last week, it is great to be starting my new role with the Knights,” McKinnon said.

“My role will be mostly football related and working with the juniors, however I hope to also contribute on the commercial side.

“We are still working through all of those details but I am looking forward to the challenge and I am grateful for the opportunity.

“My rehabilitation program will also continue in Newcastle after I concluded my program on the Gold Coast.”

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2015/01/27/mckinnon_starts_knig.html