What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alex Glenn for Captain

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I'm willing to give Sam maybe until halfway through the season to prove he is leadership material, but seriously I don't want to endure another season of the players all milling around looking for someone to take the reigns, while Sam stands there with his hands on his head puffing.

Alex looks like the man to take on the leadership, given that the club obviously don't see anything in Parker (was shafted for the Captain's spot IMO).

It seems even the press look to Alex more than Thaiday now.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...ure/story-fn2mcuj6-1226594965789#.UT6BoFJ5ZI4

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
......Eh?

I understand the need for a better Captain but Glenn? Really? He would have to be one of the most inexperienced players to ever get the C.

Tyler.Durden

Juniors
Yes, i think Glenn should be captain. He is a talker, was captain of the u20's. Will be aroung during origin time as he in an NZ intl. He has captained in he past and always looks to take the reins in those games.

Boy

Juniors
Alex Glenn suprised the hell out of me when he was named captain
untill i saw him lead

old head on young shoulders
everyone listens to him

and with parker and hodges as senior players helping
(seeing as they wont give them the C )
i cant see him failing in the role

and with that captain next to his name i see him being a one club man

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
......Eh?

I understand the need for a better Captain but Glenn? Really? He would have to be one of the most inexperienced players to ever get the C.

He's about to play his 100th NRL game this friday - I'm sure there are (or have been) less experienced captains out there.

Big Pete

Referee
Unless things are really dire around mid-season and we need to make some changes then yeah I don't see the point in changing it this season. I'm willing to give Sam the season but based on what I've seen it appears the experiment hasn't paid off.

I agree Glenn would be his ideal replacement. A lot of people like Parker but tend to forget he was terrible when deputizing for Lockyer.

qld aussie

Juniors
You cant be serious about changeing captain after the first game or half way thru the year.:crazy::crazy: Thaiday will be captain until 2014. If they ever make Glenn captain they will want to teach him to speak better english than the bro talk that comes out of his mouth now.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
The ship has sailed for Parker to be captain. It either had to be when Lockyer retired or never.

I'd prefer Glenn as captain rather than Thaiday, sooner rather than later. It doesn't make sense to change it during the season though, it has to be done in the off-season.

New Guy

Juniors
Thaiday is simply not captain material. Always good for a dropped ball and a penalty each game. Doesnt stand up and address the team after opposition scores, is playing out of position, and has been out of form since 2011.

ShaneO85

Juniors
You cant be serious about changeing captain after the first game or half way thru the year.:crazy::crazy: Thaiday will be captain until 2014. If they ever make Glenn captain they will want to teach him to speak better english than the bro talk that comes out of his mouth now.

Sport needs more robots with zero personality!

ShaneO85

Juniors
Glenn has been my pick as next Bronco's skipper for years... i thought it would go parker then glenn but sammy jumped in for a short reign... I think Alex would be great in the role but don't see it happening until 2014 unless Sam strips himself of the C

DeeJ

Bench
Parker should have been captain until he retired, and in that time one of the younger ones would have stepped up (Glenn or McCullough).

DeeJ

Bench
parker does not look like a leader for mine

He leads by his actions and by example. Always doing work on the field, and off the field he is the ultimate professional. If you bring his win percentage as captain as a negative against him, you have to remember some of those poor sides we had without origin stars.

However I have heard he rubs some players the wrong way because he is very professional and a bit of a stiff. But maybe that's what we need after the Gaigai (sp), Hoffman and others who admitted they didnt try last season.