What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Blacks v France 1st Test Carisbrook

1. Tony Woodcock North Harbour
2. Andrew Hore Taranaki
3. Neemia Tialata Wellington
4. Brad Thorn Tasman
5. Isaac Ross Canterbury
6. Kieran Read Canterbury
7. Adam Thomson Otago
8. Liam Messam Waikato
9. Jimmy Cowan Southland
10. Stephen Donald Waikato
11. Rudi Wulf North Harbour
12. Ma’a Nonu Wellington
13. Isaia Toeava Auckland
14. Josevata Rokocoko Auckland
15. Mils Muliaina (c) Waikato
Reserves:
16. Keven Mealamu Auckland
17. John Afoa Auckland
18. Bryn Evans Hawke's Bay
19. Tanerau Latimer Bay Of Plenty
20. Piri Weepu Wellington
21. Luke McAlister North Harbour
22. Cory Jane Wellington

shiznit

Coach
this is the weakest All Blacks side ive seen in a long time... i mean... BRYN EVANS?? i havent even heard of the bloke...

the French have a massive chance to roll us this weekend...

African Monkey

First Grade
I would have rather seen Weepu or Toeava tried at 10 ahead of Donald. Bryn Evans has shown a lot of promise playing for Hawkes Bay and it was only a matter of time before he became an All Black but I didn't think it would come this early for him.

Donald is the inform five eight & deserves a crack at 10 with Dan Carter out.
Bryn Evans? He's the 3rd choice at lock behind Thrush & Eaton at the Hurricanes.Strange selection & im a magpies fan.
French team will probly get thrashed, they are very hard to predict but usually end up getting smashed when they come to the southern hemisphere.

African Monkey

First Grade
Eaton hadn't even played Super 14 iirc when he made the ABs so I have no problem with Evans being selected. Don't like Donald as he takes the wrong options at times and he doesn't have a great kicking gaie either. He does take the line on pretty well though.

shiznit

Coach
Lelia Masaga has been called into the All Blacks as cover for Rudi Wulf who hurt himself at training...

imo he should have been in there ahead of Wulf in the first place... him or Rene Ranger... they were by far the best wingers in the super 14... apart from siti...

ozbash

Referee
imo he should have been in there ahead of Wulf in the first place... him or Rene Ranger... they were by far the best wingers in the super 14... apart from siti...

agree, Wulfs selection surprised me. He's a good player but I reckon Ranger and Masaga are better.

How soft is Kahui

Messam at 8 ??...Sooialo got dudded big time.

The backline is potent and could be the difference.

Hore better get his throws right...

shiznit

Coach
Messam at 8 ??...Sooialo got dudded big time.

The backline is potent and could be the difference.

Hore better get his throws right...
So'oilao is being rested for the Iveco series.... Messam will do fine though... hes got the goods... future All Black captain imo...

but were in real trouble tonight... i reckon if the french can play half decent tonight i reckon they will win.

African Monkey

First Grade
So'oilao is being rested for the Iveco series.... Messam will do fine though... hes got the goods... future All Black captain imo...

but were in real trouble tonight... i reckon if the french can play half decent tonight i reckon they will win.
That's a big call in regards to Messam. I doubt it personally but we'll have to wait and see.

We'll be alright tonight.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Messam having a shocker!!! has been the cause of BOTH of frances tries... mind you what is it with the french not getting picked up for forward passes!!

African Monkey

First Grade

Hmmm yes I take what I said with us being alright for tonight back. We don't seem to be playing with any gameplan whatsoever. We're getting outmuscled in the forwards, we're missing tackles and it doesn't look good for us atm.

AB's are struggling...we are getting done in the rucks...Thomson and Messam are getting beaten to the breakdown and are not good enough.

Nonu is having a shocker but Toeava is breaking the line every time.

Latest posts