What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Blacks v Wallabies - Christchurch

islandstyle

Juniors
This could get quite ugly for the Wallabies...

Firstly they are playing away from home in cold wet conditions, the current tight 5 simply aren't up to test standard, they lack discipline at crucial stages and most of all the overall skill level is not up to standard of the AB's. It will take a real gutsy performance from the Wallabies if they are to have any hope of winning and will need to make the most of their opportunities whether it be from penalties, line breaks etc.

Parra

Referee
the current tight 5 simply aren't up to test standard.

I agree with a lot of what you have posted. But this line is just bullsh*t.

Right now on form the Wallabies are second to the AB's. Unfortunately, it seems like a big gap. A better first half than last week will close the gap on the scoreboard considerably. Recently the Wallabies have been able to get a lead and not hold it. Last week the lead lasted only minutes, but the Wallabies second half was better.

2011 is what counts.

islandstyle

Juniors
I agree with a lot of what you have posted. But this line is just bullsh*t.

Right now on form the Wallabies are second to the AB's. Unfortunately, it seems like a big gap. A better first half than last week will close the gap on the scoreboard considerably. Recently the Wallabies have been able to get a lead and not hold it. Last week the lead lasted only minutes, but the Wallabies second half was better.

2011 is what counts.

Their tight 5 simply don't have the mobility nor power to pose a consistent threat in the tight or the loose against the AB's, really.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Was at the ABs v SA game at Eden park, ABs were just too clinical and powerfull, nothing has changed since.

ABs by 21 plus im afraid :(

Parra

Referee
20-10 at the end.

Again a solid second half by the Wallabies. The AB's are a cut above for now.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
not a bad game to watch,

good defence from both teams only one try a piece

islandstyle

Juniors
Much improved performance from the Wallabies, I must say. There was a general improvement across nearly all facets of their play which is something they must be applauded for. I thought their lineouts and restarts were very sound and Sharpe, Pocock and Beale all put in some polished performances for mine. They still looked to be quite flat in attack though, I know they are missing Cooper who plays a big hand in attack but apart from that Beale try they never really looked damaging against the AB defence - which is something that made the difference between the two sides. Whenever the AB's had the ball it felt as if they were a chance to break the Wallabies line. (Not saying the Wallabies defence was bad, they were well drilled and hung in well)

Was a good game to watch and a far better performance from the Wallabies.

Thomas

First Grade
Much improved performance from the Wallabies, I must say. There was a general improvement across nearly all facets of their play which is something they must be applauded for. I thought their lineouts and restarts were very sound and Sharpe, Pocock and Beale all put in some polished performances for mine. They still looked to be quite flat in attack though, I know they are missing Cooper who plays a big hand in attack but apart from that Beale try they never really looked damaging against the AB defence - which is something that made the difference between the two sides. Whenever the AB's had the ball it felt as if they were a chance to break the Wallabies line. (Not saying the Wallabies defence was bad, they were well drilled and hung in well)

Was a good game to watch and a far better performance from the Wallabies.

I thought Faingaa had a good solid game. He missed one or two tackles but made some crucial ones as well. Ashley-Cooper also played well.

I'd like to see Cooper at 5/8 and those two centres to remain. Giteau brings nothing to the game and hasn't for a while now.

Will Woodcock get cited for that cowardly hit?

abpanther

Staff member
Giteau brings nothing to the game and hasn't for a while now.

You know I don't profess to know much about Rugby so I don't comment, but whenever I watch the Wallabies play I think the same thing about Giteau, don't understand what the fuss is all about, guy does very little against the big guns

Finally....people are beginning to realise that Giteau is not that good.

He gets dominated by Carter and Nonu and co in every game and does nothing that is even worthy of a superstar.