What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All hope destroyed

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
Look fellas I was supporting dean pay because he made some brave changes early, but it honestly seems like he has lost the plot over the last 6 weeks.

___

Juniors
Knock Knock Hello is anyone on this forum??
Considering there are game day threads from last year culminated with Des ruining our club (which will still run into 2020) I don't think you can blame the fans. We just don't care anymore.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I think we do care. It's just there are better places to discuss the club than here. Maybe if we were like some other teams with a team supporters only area. There may be more Dogs fans posting on here.

___

Juniors
I think we do care. It's just there are better places to discuss the club than here. Maybe if we were like some other teams with a team supporters only area. There may be more Dogs fans posting on here.
I doubt it. If people really wanted to discuss it they would do it here. There isn't enough demand for another section. We just get the odd troll here and there here. This forum is dead.

You know it's sad to say this but there was a time not that long ago where a Bulldogs loss would hurt, really hurt. These days we expect to lose and it doesn't hurt at all. Now I know how South Sydney fans felt during the 90s.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I doubt it. If people really wanted to discuss it they would do it here. There isn't enough demand for another section. We just get the odd troll here and there here. This forum is dead.

You know it's sad to say this but there was a time not that long ago where a Bulldogs loss would hurt, really hurt. These days we expect to lose and it doesn't hurt at all. Now I know how South Sydney fans felt during the 90s.

I'm pretty sure we don't. There club was way worse than were we are. And they had no money to turn it around. We are much more professional than that.

Either way, given our run coming up. I would say Dean Pay doesn't last more than 6 more rounds with the Roosters x 2, Sharks, Broncos, Knights and Panthers to play in that period. I think 6 more thrashings in a row is more than enough to terminate.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The worst part is we just did a Hasler with him, same as two years ago. Re-signed him despite underperformance and now might need to sack him for the same reason half a season later.

___

Juniors
I'm pretty sure we don't. There club was way worse than were we are. And they had no money to turn it around. We are much more professional than that.

Either way, given our run coming up. I would say Dean Pay doesn't last more than 6 more rounds with the Roosters x 2, Sharks, Broncos, Knights and Panthers to play in that period. I think 6 more thrashings in a row is more than enough to terminate.
The worst part is we just did a Hasler with him, same as two years ago. Re-signed him despite underperformance and now might need to sack him for the same reason half a season later.
I think it's unfair to blame Pay on this. Given Hasler's shitting performance as a coach, combined with large, long-term contracts, he stuffed up the team for the next few years. 2018, 2019 & 2020 were always going to be hard years for us due to this. So yes, next year is a write-off as well

However what you need to keep in mind is Pay inherited this mess, Hasler created it. Pay now is tasked with cleaning out the mess and rebuilding. It started with Woods and Mbye, continued with those aged stars the were not re-signed last year, and will continue again this year.

In 2020, Pay will have the cap-space to sign players for 2021, so until we see what he can do with that cap space, I think it's only fair to let him stay and show what he can do. It's unfair to blame him as his hands were tied.

As for his current selection tactics... there simply is no way this team will win no matter who from our top 30 you put into that squad. They are reserve-grade quality at best.

Dogs Of War

Coach
The Tigers haven't had much of a squad to write home about for the past few years. Yet they still are competitive. You know they won't win the comp, but the coaches have been able to get there heads into footy and exploit match ups or just get the team playing as a team.

Pay hasn't shown any of this ability. Thus why he should be gone, and will be gone by seasons end.

The Tigers haven't had much of a squad to write home about for the past few years. Yet they still are competitive. You know they won't win the comp, but the coaches have been able to get there heads into footy and exploit match ups or just get the team playing as a team.

Pay hasn't shown any of this ability. Thus why he should be gone, and will be gone by seasons end.

The difference is though that the Wests Tigers aren't paying money from this year's cap to players at other clubs. The Bulldogs are, which is why your team's squad seems so threadbare. Once that ends there will be money to recruit better quality players. No matter how good a coach is, they can't win without talent on their squad and the Bulldogs squad has been very much gutted.

___

Juniors
The difference is though that the Wests Tigers aren't paying money from this year's cap to players at other clubs. The Bulldogs are, which is why your team's squad seems so threadbare. Once that ends there will be money to recruit better quality players. No matter how good a coach is, they can't win without talent on their squad and the Bulldogs squad has been very much gutted.
Exactly what I've been saying. All thanks to Des.

Dogs Of War

Coach

They have paid overs for players who don't deserve it. Or guys like Reynolds who has played something like 10 matches in 2 seasons and currently looks unlikely to get any game time, as well they have some salary cap penalties in place which further reduces the ability to get good cattle in.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...o/news-story/9f9eb1c63454c6a4bccd6507ac68ffde

So in some ways they are no better off than the Bulldogs. But they are trying.

Latest posts