What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Star Twenty20 Match @ The Gabba

The Gambler

Juniors
How does a hit-and-giggle game between the current team and a bunch of retirees get televised nationally live with massive advertising while the same network has just f**ked over the world cup?

Will probably get a massive crowd too...
Because it is cricket.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yeah, thats makes sense, leave out the form players :roll:

Locky is just worried they might leave out one of the QLD hacks

It is not always that way, yes you try to pick everyone, but reality is Dighton and Quiney were token selections anyway and basically there for experience only. I'd be happy if no-one from qld played- less chance of injuries

lockyno1

Post Whore
How does a hit-and-giggle game between the current team and a bunch of retirees get televised nationally live with massive advertising while the same network has just f**ked over the world cup?

Will probably get a massive crowd too...

Because it is cricket and because there is actually a contest!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
since when was Lee our No 1 rated ODI bowler and when was he left out of our test team ?

I was referring to Bracken doofus

lockyno1

Post Whore
Bracken has never been great at 4/5day cricket if the ball refuses to swing, he is not at the top of the list- Hilfy, etc are all better 4/5 day bowlers

eddiesmith

Juniors
It is not always that way, yes you try to pick everyone, but reality is Dighton and Quiney were token selections anyway and basically there for experience only. I'd be happy if no-one from qld played- less chance of injuries
Token selections? Oh this just gets funnier and funnier :lol:

I think a token selection would be the bloke in the Aussie side who averages about 5 this year with the bat yet is suddenly back in the first choice side immediately because its his home ground :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Bracken has never been great at 4/5day cricket if the ball refuses to swing, he is not at the top of the list- Hilfy, etc are all better 4/5 day bowlers

bracken does swing the ball

Johnson doesn't swing the ball and yet he is in the Aussie team, that must be the prerequisite

lockyno1

Post Whore
Token selections? Oh this just gets funnier and funnier :lol:

I think a token selection would be the bloke in the Aussie side who averages about 5 this year with the bat yet is suddenly back in the first choice side immediately because its his home ground :lol:

They are young players, similarly to Sean Marsh, one of them may sit out and be there for experience reasons, Dighton would be my pick as he was a weird choice. I don't agree with Symonds being in the side, you won't get any complaints here from him.

lockyno1

Post Whore
bracken does swing the ball

Johnson doesn't swing the ball and yet he is in the Aussie team, that must be the prerequisite

Bracken has a poor test/4 day record. He doesn't swing the RED ball enough to trouble class batsmen in the longer form of the game

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Crook Clarke out of Twenty20

November 13, 2008

AUSTRALIA vice-captain Michael Clarke has been ruled out of Friday night's Twenty20 exhibition match at the Gabba due to illness.
Clarke was to lead Australia in skipper Ricky Ponting's absence but hasn't recovered from a virus which laid him low during the recent fourth Test in India.

Australian team doctor Trefor James said the batsman's condition was improving but he was still not well enough to play against the Adam Gilchrist-led All Stars in Brisbane.

Mike Hussey takes over as captain from Clarke who was still named in Australia's 13-man Test squad to play New Zealand next week.

"His condition will continue to be monitored and we are confident he will recover in time to be available for selection in the first Test match against New Zealand at the Gabba next week," Dr James said.

Tasmania finger spinner Xavier Doherty replaces Clarke in the Australia side for the Twenty20 friendly where he'll make his national debut after a successful Australia A tour of India and a stand-out domestic Twenty20 campaign last season.

"It is really surprising but I am very excited by the opportunity I have been given," Doherty said.

"Last night was a bit like Christmas Eve, I had a lot of trouble sleeping and tomorrow should be great."

The Australian Cricket Association-backed All Stars also have been forced to make a late change with Queenslander Ashley Noffke, who is struggling with a back injury, replaced by Victorian all-rounder Andrew McDonald.

AAP
LINK

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Locky potting Bracken because he has a poor 4 day record, and saying he can't swing the red ball :lol: That spastic Johnson admitted he can't swing the ball and has given up trying......

Latest posts