What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All-time low. Club dead soon.

Blair

Coach
Another thing. If the Warriors management/owners come in here to 'catch up with what fans are saying' then cool.

However, don't then leave thinking someone like me is heavily engaged and, therefore, can be relied upon to support the club through thick and thin.

Yes, the engagement is there, but because of how the club is run, and its subsequent performances on the field, I no longer go to games (I live in NSW). I know I'm not alone with this decision.

Leber

Bench
Paul Green? Jason Ryles? Matt King? Ask one of them.

But holy shit... If we get Mary.... I'd rather the club fold.

Diesel

Coach
Madge might be ruled out but perhaps they might use him as assistant coach if they get someone inexperienced

jaseg

Juniors
Since I've come back and had another think about this mess, it makes sense to not rush into any appointment.

If Flanagan misses the Tigers & Dogs jobs, there could be a slim chance he might reconsider? - and it's not like we're going to take a candidate from a Sydney team (or indeed, any team) if they want that person. That's where the club is at.

Is any other job likely to open up this year? Maybe the Knights? That's about it.

This could - and probably should - be a drawn out process from here.

Another thing. If the Warriors management/owners come in here to 'catch up with what fans are saying' then cool.

However, don't then leave thinking someone like me is heavily engaged and, therefore, can be relied upon to support the club through thick and thin.

Yes, the engagement is there, but because of how the club is run, and its subsequent performances on the field, I no longer go to games (I live in NSW). I know I'm not alone with this decision.

Same. I've been to more Dolphins games this year than Warriors - and I also live in NSW 🤣

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

Same as me. I haven’t attended a game in 3 years or so. Used to go to most Sydney away games a decade or so back, and have travelled interstate for games on a couple of occasions. Only games I go to these days are Newtown Jets games at Henson (cause I live about a km away, they cost $10 and you can BYO beers)

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Cam George
“We aren’t scared of going young and youthful or alternatively looking at an experienced person”

lol cheers scoop, that should cover the bases

Blair

Coach
Same as me. I haven’t attended a game in 3 years or so. Used to go to most Sydney away games a decade or so back, and have travelled interstate for games on a couple of occasions. Only games I go to these days are Newtown Jets games at Henson (cause I live about a km away, they cost $10 and you can BYO beers)
My last game was the Penrith final in 2018.

I would've seen you at games. No doubt, I knew all the regulars.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Cam George
“We aren’t scared of going young and youthful or alternatively looking at an experienced person”

lol cheers scoop, that should cover the bases

The snake oil salesman at it again. Who you got, Cam? The ghost of Jack Gibson? Wayne Bennett's dog groomer? The guy who coaches the Ellerslie Eagles U7 team?

I reckon he's bullshitting that the cockatoo was in the UK. Based on the way he tried to sell it.

Is it advertised on Seek, Indeed, Jora or career one?
Not sure why the want to play it out in the media. Keep it all behind closed doors, so you look less of a fool.
Honestly those that want to apply know the position is open.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Is it advertised on Seek, Indeed, Jora or career one?
Not sure why the want to play it out in the media. Keep it all behind closed doors, so you look less of a fool.
Honestly those that want to apply know the position is open.
I get why, they're keeping the public informed. The media will always contact them and 'no comment' probably doesn't cut it.

Cam George says he has a few names. It ain't Woolf, it ain't Ciraldo, unless I'm completely surprised, it ain't Flanagan. He ruled out Michael Maguire (or his puppet master Robinson did). So who else?

I get why, they're keeping the public informed. The media will always contact them and 'no comment' probably doesn't cut it.

Cam George says he has a few names. It ain't Woolf, it ain't Ciraldo, unless I'm completely surprised, it ain't Flanagan. He ruled out Michael Maguire (or his puppet master Robinson did). So who else?
Brown didn't want the job till he took it.

I guess keeping media onside is the best approach.
Out approach seems different than Tigers and Dogs.

Cold Roses

Juniors
At this point it's probably worth seeing what Richie Blackmore is up to. Dude consistently had the NSW cup team playing hard
There was a post in the NZ Warriors forum after Payton turned us down. The poster claimed that Blackmore applied for the head coach job and he was pushing it as a package deal with himself, and Phil Gould as Football Manager. The same guy said that they basically ran with the idea but then left Blackmore out in the cold and went with Brown and Gould instead.

jaseg

Juniors
There was a post in the NZ Warriors forum after Payton turned us down. The poster claimed that Blackmore applied for the head coach job and he was pushing it as a package deal with himself, and Phil Gould as Football Manager. The same guy said that they basically ran with the idea but then left Blackmore out in the cold and went with Brown and Gould instead.

FFS. Well that's ridiculous given Brown's record coming in.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
FFS. Well that's ridiculous given Brown's record coming in.

Wouldn’t surprise me given their history of telling Geoff Toovey he had the job, he started the process of getting things in order to move over here, then they rang him back a few days later to say sorry we are actually going with Kearney now

Latest posts