What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All-time low. Club dead soon.

JJ

Immortal
thankfully I didn't watch the game, disappointed to read AFB is in on this BS...

Seriously though, these merkins won't wear a striped jersey, but happy to support someone who's done what Faiunu has been convicted of... I've always been of the opinion that Manly is a shot house club, but bias free it looks that way at the moment

The Warriors boys should be sniffing lines or smoking pipes, and showing solidarity with Vatuvai...

Matua

Bench
Reactions: JJ

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Character over talent should now be our primary focus.
Agreed, but I wouldn’t write off those blokes character based on that one decision that they took either

If we look at a guy like Aloaia, the work he does off the field with numerous causes is absolutely enormous and he has won awards for it. I don’t agree with their cultural reasons for doing it, but I’m also not of pacific island descent and the way family culture works in some families

Last edited:

Matua

Bench
Agreed, but I wouldn’t write off those blokes character based on that one decision that they took either

If we look at a guy like Aloaia, the work he does off the field with numerous causes is absolutely enormous and he has won awards for it. I don’t agree with their cultural reasons for doing it, but I’m also not of pacific island descent and the way family culture works in some families
Nah, that's just B/S. We don't say the same about non PI people who have awful views due to their religion.

I write them off because it really was a non event that they made into a huge event and now a number of them are going into bat for a dude who stabbed someone. I have no issue with them supporting a mate because he's a mate, but do it privately. They're hypocritical pieces of tutae and I'm glad none of them have decided to align with NZ.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Nah, that's just B/S. We don't say the same about non PI people who have awful views due to their religion.

I write them off because it really was a non event that they made into a huge event and now a number of them are going into bat for a dude who stabbed someone. I have no issue with them supporting a mate because he's a mate, but do it privately. They're hypocritical pieces of tutae and I'm glad none of them have decided to align with NZ.
I didn’t mention religion mate, I mentioned culture. They do things very differently in respect to how they treat their elders and their views. I know of a former Australian international that didn’t want to leave a club, but his dad said he had to go, so he went, and his career absolutely fizzled out. Another culture probably tells the old man to get stuffed, but they are wired differently in that regard, and the majority of these 7 blokes are extremely young men, and chose to put their family view over a game of footy, which is why I’m giving them a bit of leniency in regards to being absolute shit heads

For the record I’ve always thought it is crazy that Folau can’t play but guys like Lodge can

Matua

Bench
I didn’t mention religion mate, I mentioned culture. They do things very differently in respect to how they treat their elders and their views. I know of a former Australian international that didn’t want to leave a club, but his dad said he had to go, so he went, and his career absolutely fizzled out. Another culture probably tells the old man to get stuffed, but they are wired differently in that regard, and the majority of these 7 blokes are extremely young men, and chose to put their family view over a game of footy, which is why I’m giving them a bit of leniency in regards to being absolute shit heads

For the record I’ve always thought it is crazy that Folau can’t play but guys like Lodge can
Huh, that's just semantic rubbish. That religion is part, and is a dominant part of their culture and "family views". Lots of young PI men have learnt to stand on their own two feet by this stage. Not blindly following elders is not disrespecting them anyway.

Folau can play, he's playing professional and international sport currently, and his not being able to play NRL is more likely due to his employment interactions than his homophobia. Lodge should be just getting out of jail about now.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Huh, that's just semantic rubbish. That religion is part, and is a dominant part of their culture and "family views". Lots of young PI men have learnt to stand on their own two feet by this stage. Not blindly following elders is not disrespecting them anyway.

Folau can play, he's playing professional and international sport currently, and his not being able to play NRL is more likely due to his employment interactions than his homophobia. Lodge should be just getting out of jail about now.
This just goes round in circles and is deviating from the topic so I won’t continue mate, but on Folau, there were at least 2 clubs that enquired with the NRL about him and got rejected

Matua

Bench
This just goes round in circles and is deviating from the topic so I won’t continue mate, but on Folau, there were at least 2 clubs that enquired with the NRL about him and got rejected
Yeah, I didn’t say there wasn’t interest from clubs, but he has a history of being a shitty employee, so the presumably the NRL didnt want to take a risk on him.

Scott

Bench
There are a few with a dodgy history in term of character at our club. What i'm saying is that we should NOW (with Cappy & Webster incoming) should put character above everything else in way of recruitment.

That is what I would do. With Robinson owning the club & George running it, I know that will not happen. One saving grace is they will not be getting Isaac Moses' players.

Benek

Juniors
I’ll take AFB and his checkered past right now. He’s the only good prop we’ve got and we’re even more toast if we lose him.