What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Allan Border has Parkinsons

JJ

Immortal
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/spor...lan-border-reveals-parkinson-s-diagnosis.html

Just saw this in NZ media - one of my favourite cricketers as a kid, his battles with Hadlee, the West Indians, epic - made everything from his talent, if you had to have someone bat for your life, he'd be one...

Sad to hear this, but again he's responded as AB would - just getting on with it...

Great Australian, great Australian cricketer...

Incorrect

Coach
I suspected this might be the case when I was watching the AB special that Fox aired last summer. I have an uncle that has Parkinson's and I noted some of AB's mannerisms and twitching during the interview footage.

Wish him the very best of luck. An all time legend and a gentleman to boot from all reports

As a kid of the 80s, Border was the man. If not for him, esp post WSC/legend retirements and SA rebel tours…Aust cricket could have gone the way of the dodo.

Amazing feats, records.
His time included: WSC; being one of only a couple of establishment players to join WSC players in the reunification; advent and explosion of ODI; Kim Hughes abdication; the SA rebel tours; the might of WI; the tied test in India; winning a WC; the 1989 Ashes; hosting the first colourful WC in Australia; the 1 run loss in Adelaide in 1993; Shane Warne (and McGrath); most test runs.
And he lead most of this.

Last edited: