What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Allan Border Medal

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yes a nuffy that has made his ODI and 20/20 debut this year, remind us how the great Katich is going internationally

Deacon

First Grade
Marshall_magic said:
Alan Border- Matthew Hayden
Test- Brett Lee (could really be anyone, we only played like 5 tests in 2007)
One Dayer- Matthew Hayden
Domestic Player- Ashley Noffke
Bradman Young player of the year: Pomersbach

whoever wins ODI player will probably win it, as the test rankings will be very close, compared to the ODI ones which are going to be far more spread out.

This will be spot on surely

lockyno1

Post Whore
Remember the votes are WEIGHTED Hornby. So in other words, each test vote is the equivalent of 5.5 ODI votes.

Deacon

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
Remember the votes are WEIGHTED Hornby. So in other words, each test vote is the equivalent of 5.5 ODI votes.

Shame that really equivalent of 5.5 ODI's is a little high considering its really just double the game ie another innings, I can see why they make it 5.5 cause of tests going 5 days but the Aussies usually wrap it up earleir then that so a weighting of somewhere between 2-4 is more justified

mattyg

Bench
Feelin Hornby said:
Shame that really equivalent of 5.5 ODI's is a little high considering its really just double the game ie another innings, I can see why they make it 5.5 cause of tests going 5 days but the Aussies usually wrap it up earleir then that so a weighting of somewhere between 2-4 is more justified

there was 30 one dayers and 6 test matches

30 divided by 6 is 5, thats how they get the weightings. I think its fair, as there are 3-2-1 handed out in all 30 one dayers, and 3-2-1 in only 6 test matches. Brett Lee has IMO been definately the best player for Australia over the year, despite missing the World Cup, and winning the AB Medal is totally deserved. About time it went to a bowler as well!!

Deacon

First Grade
mattyg said:
there was 30 one dayers and 6 test matches

30 divided by 6 is 5, thats how they get the weightings. I think its fair, as there are 3-2-1 handed out in all 30 one dayers, and 3-2-1 in only 6 test matches. Brett Lee has IMO been definately the best player for Australia over the year, despite missing the World Cup, and winning the AB Medal is totally deserved. About time it went to a bowler as well!!

I can see your point this way, but the varst majority of the Australian Cricketers play both forms of the game, dont they

JJ

Immortal
Twizzle said:
well done Bing

answered his critics pretty well

not really, actually he's proved them right - he was an underachieving quick, now he's bowling like he should have been for years

JJ

Immortal
ozbash said:
Lee - arsehole
Border - arsehole

yes, very fitting.

Border's not an arsehole oz - quality man

But Lee and Hayden are arseholes, so some symmetry there

TheParraboy

Staff member
Do the kiwis have such an award

The Martin Sneddon medal? :lol:

wait wait, The Ewan Chatfield medal? :lol:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Feelin Hornby said:
I can see your point this way, but the varst majority of the Australian Cricketers play both forms of the game, dont they

Yes, but some don't. Take Warne for example last year, is it fair to evenly weight games so he has no chance as he was not in the ODI side, no it isn't. A weighting that is to the test match side is fair and IMO it is easier to get votes in ODI's, heck Hodge managed a few!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
JJ said:
not really, actually he's proved them right - he was an underachieving quick, now he's bowling like he should have been for years

I see

you maen about 2 or 3 years back when he was rated No 1 in the world in ODIs, he was actually underacheiving

post of the day from you so far

keep going and see if you can better it