What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Allan Border Medal

TheParraboy

Staff member
Brett Lee has been very inconsistant in tests over the last 6-7 years
Couldnt make it in the test side for 18 Months there for a while

The last 6 tests he has been awesome, hope he continues

JJ

Immortal
Twizzle said:
I see

you maen about 2 or 3 years back when he was rated No 1 in the world in ODIs, he was actually underacheiving

post of the day from you so far

keep going and see if you can better it

Tests are much more important IMO, and a better gauge on how good a player is

NK Arsenal

Juniors
gunning_for_panthers said:
Allan Border Medal - Brett Lee
Test Player of the Year - Brett Lee
One-Day Player of the Year - Matthew Hayden
State Player of the Year - Ashley Noffke
Bradman Young Cricketer of the Year - Luke Pommersbach
International Women’s Cricketer of the Year - Elise Perry

5/6 for me. :crazy:

:D

thought Lee's WC absence would cost him, but to his credit, he was on fire all year, well deserved. Hayden's late ODI slump probably cost him.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Great effort by Binga to win the AB medal after missing the WC. He really has grown another leg since taking over the no 1 quick mantel from Pidge.

simmo1

First Grade
Feelin Hornby said:
Shame that really equivalent of 5.5 ODI's is a little high considering its really just double the game ie another innings, I can see why they make it 5.5 cause of tests going 5 days but the Aussies usually wrap it up earleir then that so a weighting of somewhere between 2-4 is more justified

Test matches are real cricket, and no-one gives a f**k about the pointless ODI's. 5.5 is justified.

Deacon

First Grade
simmo1 said:
Test matches are real cricket, and no-one gives a f**k about the pointless ODI's. 5.5 is justified.

I argee Tests are real cricket, but surely 5.5 test to 1 odi cant be justified

JJ

Immortal
Feelin Hornby said:

no, agreed, should be more like 10:1 - odis aren't worth nearly that much

lockyno1

Post Whore
Feelin Hornby said:

There were 5 times as many ODI's as there were tests, they were weighted in the right way.

IanG

Coach
Also interested in who is inducted into the Hall Of Fame. Ian Healy is the youngest member of it now. But couldn't help but notice they didn't have a plaque for George Giffen. Yeah he may've died 80 years ago but they could've given it to his desendants. Afterall they admitted that some of his family where there that night