What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alternate Scenario - But alas He's A Rookie Coach

Joely01

Bench
What the f**k? I was talking about 2009 in my first point.We lost to dragons 37-0 in the final game of the regular season. My last point was about 2007 where we had a consistent season.

That final regular season game was a coaching master stroke by DA.

Joely01

Bench
As my opening post stated, the players we need were all available if we wanted them and a couple of them would of been relatively cheap. The problem was we didn't.

And there in lies the problem, we have people in positions of power that are continually getting it wrong.

This is not my opinion. This is fact. When results start to go the other way then we would of addressed the problem.

Till then I am right and all of you twits that have the opposite view are freakin wrong. Get a grip, it's a results freakin business. We are vying for the spoon once again and we have over paid for players that aren't quite what we need for next season.

:x :lol:

What were the players we needed that we missed out on?

Gronk

Staff member
You make it all sound so simple Ram. I should been more astute it seems and married a Brazilian Super Model.

The Colonel

Immortal
As my opening post stated, the players we need were all available if we wanted them and a couple of them would of been relatively cheap. The problem was we didn't.

And there in lies the problem, we have people in positions of power that are continually getting it wrong.

This is not my opinion. This is fact. When results start to go the other way then we would of addressed the problem.

Till then I am right and all of you twits that have the opposite view are freakin wrong. Get a grip, it's a results freakin business. We are vying for the spoon once again and we have over paid for players that aren't quite what we need for next season.

:x :lol:

Fact? No.

Still opinion. Yours.

Just because players have performed at new clubs doesn't suggest that they would have performed here nor
that just because they were available they were interested in coming to our club. You are basing most of your opinion on assumption and trying to pass it on as fact.

Geez I'm sick of people saying that 2009 was a bad year and that we only made the finals because of one good run...

It doesn't matter a f**king jot when you win the f**king games, or in what f**king sequence. It only f**king matters that you win enough of the f**king things to get into the f**king finals...and we f**king did that! And not only did we do that, we then went on to play in the grand f**king final, which is pretty f**king good. The only thing that would have made it better would be if we'd won the whole f**king thing. So IMFO 2009 was a f**king good year, and if we'd won just one more game, it would have been a f**king awesome year! f**k!

The Colonel

Immortal
Geez I'm sick of people saying that 2009 was a bad year and that we only made the finals because of one good run...

It doesn't matter a f**king jot when you win the f**king games, or in what f**king sequence. It only f**king matters that you win enough of the f**king things to get into the f**king finals...and we f**king did that! And not only did we do that, we then went on to play in the grand f**king final, which is pretty f**king good. The only thing that would have made it better would be if we'd won the whole f**king thing. So IMFO 2009 was a f**king good year, and if we'd won just one more game, it would have been a f**king awesome year! f**k!

Statistically it was. I don't give a f**k what you think. ;-)

Apologies to any younguns who might have stumbled in here. Swearing is typically the product of a simpleton who is unable to express themself adequately. It is in no way 'cool', or whatever the word is these days. This issue just irks me a smidge.

Noise

Coach

f**ken oath you mad f**ken merkin! 2009 was the f**king tits!

cv8z

Juniors
The back end of 2009 were some of the more memorable weeks since 86
Give me 09 any year

Joely01

Bench

Well f**king said!

T.S Quint

Coach
What the f**k? I was talking about 2009 in my first point.We lost to dragons 37-0 in the final game of the regular season. My last point was about 2007 where we had a consistent season.

Apologies.
For some reason I thought you had written 2005. I must get my eyes checked some time.

Swiftstylez

Bench
This was a good post with fair critique.

Also its easy to get misty eyed about 2009 (since its the last time we made the finals) but when the gameplan turned to "just play however you want the rest of the year" lady luck was on our side. I dont count Hagans 2007 as a bad year we lost to the cheating storm deep into the finals. #REALITYCHECK

So thecolonels 10 years of bad statement is more like 8 years.

Last edited:

T.S Quint

Coach
f**k your eyes!

tumblr_lzuvb0atFY1r0bn39o1_400.gif

TheRam

Coach
Not saying you're wrong but how do you know how much we have paid for the players that are coming next year and how do you know that the players we need were not made an offer and they rejected it?

It appears that you are quick to blame the management and coaching staff for missing out on certain players but you really don't know the true story do you? You are making a guess at what goes on because you don't see a change that you want occurring.

Are you aware for example that we have Lee Crooks' final year included in the 2nd tier cap so as to free up a top 25 spot for this year? Or did our current management make a mistake and they should have left Crooks in the Top 25 and not signed a replacement in Fa'aoso or Wicks?

There is definitely a long way to go until we get where we all want the eels to be but as fans we really don't get to see all the machinations that occur behind the scene - we just see the result which NO ONE is saying are where we want them to be after 10 rounds of season 2015.

Listen I may not be as close to the club as some but that is probably an advantage when assessing performances without bullshit static clouding my judgement.

So who gives a toss about one little isolated incident on a second tier manoeuvre any decent accountant could wrangle? As for the Fa'aoso signing, dumb move.

As for making a guess and assumptions, I think looking at RESULTS, I am close to spot on. We will most probably be last again on the ladder after this round. What more evidence do you or anyone else need to acknowledge that the club stinks from the head down?

As for how much players are paid, well everyone here kept saying that Sandow was being paid nowhere near $550k a season, yet Hindy on Matty's show just last night said point blank that if Sandow wants a new contract with the Eels for next season then he will have to settle for a lot less the the $550k he was on. So we may wish to deny reported figures and obviously some would be off, but to just dismiss all high figures because it doesn't sit right because its Parra or someone whispered in your ear, is just plain stupid. Especially when you consider that Seward and Sharp have both spoken about our salary cap problems publically.

As for being rejected by players, sure it happens, but if we are still being rejected by the majority of players that we are after, then we are still in major trouble. But I don't think we pursued any of the players other then maybe DCE early on, that I mentioned in my opening post.

Again the whole point is results. Look at Sticky again with Joey Leilua, we all crucified him here, but he makes our recruitment look geniused.

What were the players we needed that we missed out on?

Read my opening post.

You make it all sound so simple Ram. I should been more astute it seems and married a Brazilian Super Model.

Tough luck dude.

TheRam

Coach
Fact? No.

Still opinion. Yours.

Just because players have performed at new clubs doesn't suggest that they would have performed here nor
that just because they were available they were interested in coming to our club. You are basing most of your opinion on assumption and trying to pass it on as fact.

Sure players need great environments to perform well, but something tells me we are struggling in that department.

If players are not interested in coming to our club, then again, why not? Do most players when assessing leaving their current club, sit down and say, hmm Dogs shit club don't want them. Easts, what a bunch of losers, never go there. Melbourne, bunch of egotistical wank jobs, agh never! And as for those Rabbits, well they're just a club full of Douche canoes! Right?

Ah but hold the phone people all is not lost. What do we have here? An offer from those freaky deaky Super Eels. Blow my load, Hurry, where do I sign? I'm all in! I've one the freakin lottery.

Again I am basing my opinion of results.

lingard

Coach
I don't think anyone including Ram expects it to be changed in 2 minutes. I would expect however that SOME progress towards rebuilding the club be made over the last 6/7 years and as of this moment I don't see any.

Those thinking Scott and Foran arriving next year will deliver us a premiership (including our illustrious chairman) should get off the dope.

Whether we like it or not the media is right, our club, for whatever reasons, is a basket case and although we keep turning over players, coaches and directors nothing f@#cking changes. The only relief I've experienced in the last 30 years is a 6 year period under Smithy, the other 24 years have been crap.

I will be turning sixty this year and I've been following and supporting the Eels since 1964. I've watched the team through good years and bad. The times in the sixties when we were called 'The Easybeats'; the other times in the sixties when players like Ken Thornett, Ron Lynch and Dick Thornett got my pulse racing; the early seventies when we were hopeless; the late seventies and early eighties when I was proud to be an Eels supporter and got to watch us in seven grand final appearances; the nineties - which were really hard; the Smith years; and now ........ this. In all that time, I've hardly missed a game - either at the ground, on telly or on the radio. But I must say, I don't think I'll bother watching this weekend. I just couldn't really care less anymore.
I suppose I'll wait to see what Keiran Foran and Beau Scott bring to the table next year, but I'm not very hopeful. I completely understand why Parra Pete gave up on Parramatta after all those years. I think by the end of next year I'll be a Wanderers fan. Sad. But at my age, I don't feel like investing any more of my time or emotion in this team. The Parramatta Rugby League Team can continue to muddle along without me.

Latest posts