What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Football players in the NRL?

monaroCountry

Juniors
There was talk earlier of skinny nothings playing NFL

Like Adrian Peterson
6ft 1in tall (185 cm for those of you schooled in modern silly measurements)
98 kgs
10.33 seconds in 100 metres in high school

adrianpeterson.jpg

There's the skinny little twerp.
He wouldnt last 5 seconds on a football field up against the likes of men mountains such as Billy Slater or Steve Turner.

I give him 5 minutes......until he runs out of breath and demands an oxygen mask..........

monaroCountry

Juniors
Or what about Buffalo first round bust from 2009 Aaron Maybin - he hasn't even made the bench since rd 2, yet he's more ripped then anything in the NRL, and this guy cannot even make the bench for the 1-8 Buffalo bills

aaron-maybin.jpg

RL - world famous in NSW and QLD.

I could also show you some huge Samoan teenage girl that would embarrass the biggest NFL player in terms of girth................:D

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Two completely different games and players going either way would struggle.

The reason NRL players aren't going over is the NFL teams are not interested and it scores them no points unlike the AFL or union that can use it against the NRL.

stormbati

Bench
There was talk earlier of skinny nothings playing NFL

Like Adrian Peterson
6ft 1in tall (185 cm for those of you schooled in modern silly measurements)
98 kgs
10.33 seconds in 100 metres in high school

adrianpeterson.jpg

There's the skinny little twerp.
He wouldnt last 5 seconds on a football field up against the likes of men mountains such as Billy Slater or Steve Turner.

Why Slater and Turner? Why not Perrett and Graham? Lol
Anyway, If Peterson was playing NRL I think he'd be a little lighter.
With all the African Australians in Blacktown, wont be too long we'll see athletes like Peterson in the NRL:sarcasm:

rabbitohs

Juniors
The obvious answer is 'why would they leave a comfortable career in League or Union for some obscure foreign sport they've never played before, where they would be required to learn an arcane set of regulations and wear a metric ton of body armour?'

LMFAO!!!

Rugby Union is a variation of the SAME SPORT.

So is American football you tool. What about AFL?

Squatdog

Juniors
So is American football you tool. What about AFL?

LMAO@Padball being a 'variation of Rugby' like League and Union...Jesus Christ.

...and I thought I'd heard it all on this thread.

A small number of NRL players may go to the AFL because it's a popular local sport that they're already familiar with, that has a minimal rule set to adapt to. Padball is an alien sport that most Australians would only be vaguely aware of (if at all), played with a ridiculous amount of body armour and an oppressive game structure that involves following rigid set plays for the 8 minutes an average player is actually involved.

Disgruntled NRL players may also cynically switch to the AFL as a way to 'get back' at the League administration.

Teddyboy

First Grade
lol, yeah he's not skillful or big enough to lay league:lol: yeah big bad scary Willie Mason, Jason Ryles would kill him!:lol:

Or what about Buffalo first round bust from 2009 Aaron Maybin - he hasn't even made the bench since rd 2, yet he's more ripped then anything in the NRL, and this guy cannot even make the bench for the 1-8 Buffalo bills

aaron-maybin.jpg

RL - world famous in NSW and QLD.

Droidball.

MightyBronco

Juniors
He played in an amateur third division game and barely lasted 10 minutes.

Try to pay attention.

Well the first time i watched it was so dull that i switched off. So i watched it again and....

HE DID PLAY A GAME..

Except they only put him on the field with 10 minutes to go!!!

LMAO! :lol:

Looks like its you who isnt paying attention. I think the rage you feel deep inside is making you pretty confused. Being put on as a substitute with 10 mins to go is a lot different to how you described it..

"barely lasted 10 mins.."

You suck. Next time you search Youtube videos to support you (poor) argument, how about watching the whole thing....

Maybe you should PM Haynetrain, and you guys can get together for a beer, im sure you two have lots in common!

Squatdog

Juniors
Well the first time i watched it was so dull that i switched off. So i watched it again and....

HE DID PLAY A GAME..

Except they only put him on the field with 10 minutes to go!!!

LMAO! :lol:

Looks like its you who isnt paying attention. I think the rage you feel deep inside is making you pretty confused. Being put on as a substitute with 10 mins to go is a lot different to how you described it..

"barely lasted 10 mins.."

You suck. Next time you search Youtube videos to support you (poor) argument, how about watching the whole thing....

Maybe you should PM Haynetrain, and you guys can get together for a beer, im sure you two have lots in common!

He barely lasted 10 minutes and was puffing and blowing by the end of the game. Like I said.

He also struggled to keep up in training and stated that 'I've never had so much latic acid in my body!'.

You're not helping yourself here.

MightyBronco

Juniors
He barely lasted 10 minutes and was puffing and blowing by the end of the game.

You're not helping yourself here.

Dude, i just blew your assertion that he "barely lasted 10 mins" out of the water. You realise that dont you?

Now all you have got is he was "puffing and blowing"..LMAO (again)..:lol:

Keep em coming....

CMUX

The obvious answer is 'why would they leave a comfortable career in League or Union for some obscure foreign sport they've never played before, where they would be required to learn an arcane set of regulations and wear a metric ton of body armour?'

Oh gee I don’t know, maybe to earn more money in 3 years then their entire NRL career.

Are you actually suggesting that a NRL player would not make the move if a multimillion dollar offer was presented to him?

adamkungl

Immortal
completely different sports and fitness requirements...squatdog is as bad as AFL fans claiming superior 'fitness' because AFL players run 75000000 km per match, completely ignoring the fact that power and strength are also types of fitness.

Squatdog

Juniors
Dude, i just blew your assertion that he "barely lasted 10 mins" out of the water. You realise that dont you?

Now all you have got is he was "puffing and blowing"..LMAO (again)..:lol:

Keep em coming....

He DID barely last 10 minutes. Like I said.

First you claimed he didn't play in a game, now you seem to think that he only took part on one training session.

Are you autistic?

MightyBronco

Juniors
He DID barely last 10 minutes. Like I said.

First you claimed he didn't play in a game, now you seem to think that he only took part on one training session.

Are you autistic?

As i said i didnt watch the vid the whole way thru the first time. Then i went back and i did watch the whole thing..and yes he did 3 training sessions and was a reserve for one match.

Since you still want to argue the point, i will once again go thru it for you. You said he "barely lasted 10 mins" I then pointed out that he was only put on the field with 10 mins to go.

You seem to be ascertaining that he barely lasted that time on the field. Looking at evidence off the video, it doesnt show anything to back that up. Sure he was breathing heavily, but guess what, League and Union players are always seen doing the same. He appeared to be fine when he walked off the field. It doesnt suggest AT ALL that he "barely lasted the 10 mins" You are making that bit up. I suggest you watch the vid again hey?

So instead of admitting you are wrong, you fall back on calling me autistic. Thats far from the case. I believe i am in fact your intellectual superior, based on the fact that i dont have to BS my way thru any argument, as you yourself are doing.

Please continue with your diatribe, i'm very much enjoying the distraction from a dull day at work.