What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

jk13

First Grade
He’ll get bored and be back in 6 months unless the jets have 1000 injuries and can’t find anyone on the market

T-Boon

Coach
I predict kick returning will not be part of the NFL within 2 years so.
There is too much for a RB to know and have to do now so he isnt making it at that position and he is too small/short for WR.
Parra should sign him for our 2019 campaign.

Happy MEel

First Grade
There is too much for a RB to know and have to do now so he isnt making it at that position and he is too small/short for WR.
I’d rather Gutho at fullback the way he has been playing, Fergo is a better winger than Holmes and Sivo/Gennings offer better value for money. Centre would be the only position on our roster he could slot into and I don’t think he’d be too keen on that.

T.S Quint

Coach

Kick returning might not be, but punt returning will always be a part of the NFL.

As for his size, there are plenty of receivers in the NFL that size. Some even smaller. Holmes’ problem would be that he just doesn’t know how to play the game as well as the other blokes fighting for a spot on the team. Hayne was a much more talented athlete than Holmes is, and he had a coach willing to take a chance on him. I’m not so sure the Jets will do that same here.

Kornstar

Coach
Kick returning might not be, but punt returning will always be a part of the NFL.

As for his size, there are plenty of receivers in the NFL that size. Some even smaller. Holmes’ problem would be that he just doesn’t know how to play the game as well as the other blokes fighting for a spot on the team. Hayne was a much more talented athlete than Holmes is, and he had a coach willing to take a chance on him. I’m not so sure the Jets will do that same here.

I'd be interested to know the stats from last season in relation to injuries with the rule changes they made. As the reason they did it was because some ridiculous amount of concussions were from kick offs.

I really do wish him well but he will need to do some pretty serious learning this year and pick up a lifetime of route running in that time as i really don't think he could be a running back unless he can pack on some weight and some how not lose any pace or agility.

T.S Quint

Coach
BOOM!
Rip Wilson

Bosa, Buckner, Ford and Thomas.
Now with Armstead and Thomas able to move to the interior where they should have been all along.

If they all stay healthy that D-line will cause some problems for the defence.

Bosa, Buckner, Ford and Thomas.
Now with Armstead and Thomas able to move to the interior where they should have been all along.

If they all stay healthy that D-line will cause some problems for the defence.

The D-Line is going to attack the secondary? Or just not try very hard?

jk13

First Grade
You’d almost not need to run out a secondary with that d-line. Goff will refuse to take the field against us. Hopefully stud wr gets done today

Latest posts