What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

America's Rugby League Federation

Sjrugby

Juniors
Would it be beneficial for USARL and Canada rugby along with Jamaica to form a federation of there own similar to Europe and Asia Pacific to help spread the code of league further into the Americas

Golden point

Juniors
I don't think it's a good idea imo. Just another boardroom to become corupt. They're doing really well at the moment! If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

yakstorm

First Grade
If, by having their own Federation, it will either help these nations, secure more funds, or better use the limited RLIF investment they get, then yes they should consider it.

Arguably, if they do wish to move away from the RLEF and APRLC, then they really should encompass all of the Americas, including active LatAm nations like Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Chile.

jim_57

Staff member
If, by having their own Federation, it will either help these nations, secure more funds, or better use the limited RLIF investment they get, then yes they should consider it.

Arguably, if they do wish to move away from the RLEF and APRLC, then they really should encompass all of the Americas, including active LatAm nations like Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Chile.

Agree with this. Ideally Canada/USA can become another power player to break up the Australia & England dominated political situation in the Worldwide running of the game.

adamkungl

Immortal
There should be one, for obvious reasons:

Running regular regional tournaments.
Focused game development.
Creating/coordinating/lobbying for common resources.

I've said before also that the Asia-Pacific group doesn't work for me.
The Pacific is at a completely different level and has different needs to Asia. I can't see how one group can effectively manage both. The evidence is there to see, what growth we have in Asia has been achieved by Thai and Philo start ups from Australia.

I'd have a separate federation for Asia, and have them compete with the Africa-Middle East nations more regularly.

Sjrugby

Juniors
That's what I was thinking. Is the refl really where the USA and Canada want to position with for the future. Especially with the WC now heading over it'll be best for the league game not just in USA and Canada but as a whole of North America's to begin to lay the groundwork now to develop the game through out the region and to begin to financially set the game up to succeeded. I would love to see a America's national ternament, I know we have our own tri nations and union has the Americas 6 nations but a stronger Mexico, Brazil and better Jamaica is better for the game going forward v

Latest posts