What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AMNRL All Stars Vs USARL All Stars

Fatwing15

Juniors
Instead of debating the integrity of the 2 leagues and the Tomahawk selection process, lets see if we could put together a line-up of all stars from each league. Then we can compare the best talent from each league. This will be a tool to spread the word about some of the lesser known talent in this league as well.

I am trying to think of ways to get our international friends more involved in this discussion, so any suggestions are welcome.

Here are some ground Rules:

- we will list positions 1-13

- players must have played 2 years in a domestic comp, unless you are an American born rookie, for instance, MattyClarke's brother is eligible, Dan Wagon is not. The RIR, Vipers, and Onieda players are all eligible.

-One and done imports are not eligible. Brent Shorten is eligible, but not the imports from the Fight, Cats, ect. ( good players but I can't seem to remember their names, sorry fellas!)

-Players such as Apple Pope and Akarika Dawn will be listed on the USARL side. (No real solid reasoning behind this)

- We will consider the Turnpike Titans a USARL team.

So what do you guys think? Are there enough US based posters to even put together a list of all stars from both comps?

I'll start us off with a few:

AMNRL: 1-Tulio, 7-Hume, 9-Bexendale, 6-Alovili, 11-Conway Maraki

USARL 9- Pope, 7-Shorten, 2 - Frymoyer, 13 Wiggins, 12 Dawn

I am in absolutely no position to be picking these rosters. Being a US based Player, my lack of knowledge of domestic talent is embarrassing lol. To be fair I still am fairly new to the league. Let's get some real input! Would love to hear from guys like Spinner, Cho, Buckscountysharks, mr knight, Larry, and any one from the Warriors, Bulls, or Fight

docbrown

Coach
For a minute there I thought this a real game that could be used as a Tomahawks selection trial.

Goddo

Bench
Which side would Pope play for? AMNRL, where he doesn't have a team really, or USARL where he does but isn't allowed to play?

Fatwing15

Juniors
Thanks for your opinion guys, but my intentions were not to start ANOTHER discussion focused on the AMNRL or David Nui. Let that go for a second and let's just discuss the best players in the US.

Thanks for your opinion guys, but my intentions were not to start ANOTHER discussion focused on the AMNRL or David Nui. Let that go for a second and let's just discuss the best players in the US.

You can check out the New England Immortals Roster on April 27th that will give you some Idea.

But From the RIR I would toss these guys into the pool for Discussion The Same way I submitted Their Names to David Niu to be invited to the Thomahawks Camp Last Year

John St. John - Center/Wing
Derek Trehan Center/Wing/Half
Steven Crandall - 2nd Row/Prop
Brad Crandall - Lock/2nd Row/Prop
Shain Singleton - Fullback

pennpool

Juniors

You would, literally, be better banging your head on your keyboard than trying to get any kind of civilized or constructive USARL V AMNRL topic going

Choo Choo

Juniors
Pennpool, still love you man; your comments are always entertaining! We really need to set up a Sharks v Slayers match SOON, regardless of what anyone thinks or says.

For the Slayers, I'd offer the following players:

Phil Hill: utility back/hooker
Asa Jearld: center/wing
Jaron McLaurin: forward
Jamal Milani: wing/fullback
Andrew Payne: second row/Lock
Trevor Peterson: second row/Lock
Jack Dunn: prop
John Young: center/wing/fullback

pennpool

Juniors
Pennpool, still love you man; your comments are always entertaining! We really need to set up a Sharks v Slayers match SOON, regardless of what anyone thinks or says.

For the Slayers, I'd offer the following players:

Phil Hill: utility back/hooker
Asa Jearld: center/wing
Jaron McLaurin: forward
Jamal Milani: wing/fullback
Andrew Payne: second row/Lock
Trevor Peterson: second row/Lock
Jack Dunn: prop
John Young: center/wing/fullback

I'm pretty sure we will be trying to get a warm up game organized. Logistics would be an issue obviously.

pennpool

Juniors
You can check out the New England Immortals Roster on April 27th that will give you some Idea.

But From the RIR I would toss these guys into the pool for Discussion The Same way I submitted Their Names to David Niu to be invited to the Thomahawks Camp Last Year

John St. John - Center/Wing
Derek Trehan Center/Wing/Half
Steven Crandall - 2nd Row/Prop
Brad Crandall - Lock/2nd Row/Prop
Shain Singleton - Fullback

Who are the NE immortals playing?

Some of the best games in recent years have been between the Sharks and Slayers. There is still time to set it up and we would do it in a heart beat. I think this would be the best thing for both comps and for outsiders looking in to see that there are lasting relationships between the clubs. I say we make it happen.

The Sharks had every intention to enter the tourny in fact, we played last year but for another team. The problem with this year it conflicted with a union game. most dont know the Sharks are all members of a union team who transition from spring union to summer footy each year. I personaly would have loved to come to RI. with that being said if you ever want preseason game do not hesitate to contact the Sharks RIR.

mother rucker

Juniors
Doesn't all this talk of inter league matches and play, fall under the AMNRLs zero affiliation clause? Were no player may have any affiliation with a USARL team or the league itself. This would make all the players that play in those matched or the 9’s tournament ineligible for the Tomahawks. Correct?

The Sharks had every intention to enter the tourny in fact, we played last year but for another team. The problem with this year it conflicted with a union game. most dont know the Sharks are all members of a union team who transition from spring union to summer footy each year. I personaly would have loved to come to RI. with that being said if you ever want preseason game do not hesitate to contact the Sharks RIR.

Ahh I see.. There were not any details given so I was just left in the Dark.

Yea Will do.

druzik

Juniors
The British Royal Marines.

ALSO The Rebellion Invited All AMNRL Teams to the USARL International 9s... A few were keen at first... then came back with No... I wonder what happened in the Interim ?

what all supposed 20 AMNRL teams are playing Union and can't make it?

Mother rucker,

Im sure that clause is to be inforced as a convienience not as a standard. its clear that none of the sharks made it on the list for the tomahawks. we have players that are worth the look and feel in time this conflict will be resolved and everyone will get there time to shine...hopefully. As a team thats been around since the onset there are reasons to try to get cross comp games even if it means giving up the chance to be selected. The Sharks miss our rivalry with the fight. Those were some of the best games ive played in just because of the familiarity of both clubs with one another. Games in jacksonville playing infront of 1000+ drunk fans, its an experiance that made that game fun. DC games were always smashmouth and i dont think the temperature was ever under 110 degrees everytime we played them. Call me sentimentle, but we dont get paid to play so these experiances are what drives us. we more than anyone wish to be unified again, or that cross comp games werent taboo. The Sharks will continue to play their brand of rugby and keep our relationships strong in both comps. Who ever wants a game all they have to do is ask.

I don't care if he is any good or not or which comp he plays for but...

John St. John

...needs to be in the national team just because of his name!

Imagine that being called across the world during the World Cup!

Druzik,

i cant speak for all teams, but with ours it was the case. i can say that there was no indirect or direct comments made from the AMNRL higher ups that no team could compete in the tourny.

spinnerhowland

Juniors
Spinner Howland - Back Up water runner for the USARL Team. (I also mix a mean batch of gatorade but you only get that if I think you have been putting enough effort in)