What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AMNRL Expansion

AMNRL south in 2011. Miami, Orlando, Tampa, Daytona, Chattanooga, Atlanta, Tallahassee. New clubs in NJ, DE, PA, MA, DC, VA and Florida. Along with the development in HA, CA, WA, TX, UT and Chicago. Does anyone know the full story on what is going on over there next year? Sounds like they have some big things planned :)

Coastbloke

Bench
Be nice if they could get a sponsor to help with travel and expenses..

What they need is a League loving Hollywood star that knows the game and can promote the game and not just a club 10,000 ks over seas..

Hmmm...

CQ Italia

Juniors
have been suggestions out there that something could be on the cards 2012?

Plus he has said himself that he is talking to TV executives.. (possibly for AMNRL for now)

Plus:

druzik says: December 21, 2010 at 13:43
Yes its still an aim, whether its 2011 or 2012 remains to be seen and is dependent on a few factors.
I was actually speaking with Niuy earlier today, he is on TV negotiations all this week.
I think the issue is that they don’t want to get on another false start again, people were very critical of the whole thing last time and when it didn’t come about when promised it was everyone stabbing the AMNRL in the back saying “I told you so”… instead of “how can we help”.

http://www.rugbyleagueinternational...10/12/american-division-in-the-west/#comments

clarency

Juniors
Be nice if they could get a sponsor to help with travel and expenses..

What they need is a League loving Hollywood star that knows the game and can promote the game and not just a club 10,000 ks over seas..

Hmmm...

Well from what I hear there are a fair few WWE wrestlers that are follow the NRL. If that's true I can definitely see them bringing in a number of fans if they can cooperate.

bowes

Juniors
I think this will be one of those things where they talk up like 8 teams being in and 3 or 4 join. Personally I'd be happy with that but hope it's not like the WAMNRL that they mention loads of clubs about to start and it never does

CQ Italia

Juniors
djnrugby34.jpg

"Dwayne (along with his lovely mom Ata) was at Aussie Stadium in Sydney on August 5th. The Rock met with members of the NRL National Rugby League and was presented with a football and Official Football Jersey from the Australian National Rugby League Team." 2004.

Has American Samoan heritage

Last edited:

playdaball

Bench
The Rock has played RL before. He spent a year in NZ and played at Richmond Rovers - same club as Joe and Nigel Vagana.

He'd be a good person to get in order to promote the game in the USA.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
This seems a little far fetched, but South has 7 sides.

Are these new sides to play along side Jacksonville?

7 Novice sides in the same conference as the bext club in the land seems learning to run before you can walk.

roopy

Referee
Same as every year - they promise to expand by 100% or more, and end up expanding by 10-20%.
I'm happy with the growth in the US, and now that i expect it, I don't even get dissappointed when the massive growth they promise doesn't happen.

pennpool

Juniors
more chance of platting fog than all that coming off. the bucks county sharks are back in for 2011 though. that is a definate