What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AMNRL Grand Final

lloydy

Juniors
I like this match-up and believe most fans of the AMNRL have been looking forward to this clash for some time. This clearly matches two powerful and skillfull teams....I see the Cats jumping out to a quick 1 or 2 try lead with the Bull's pulling even by halftime...this game is gonna be decided purely on fitness level ( I believe) cause its gonna be fast paced and may showcase some hard hittin nasty tackles and quick strikes outside. I gotta say the Bulls depth in the middle may be the deciding factor since they continually rotate 5 props and 5 2nd rowers throughout the gam.

Bulls 38 Cats 32 ......... Vassilokoupolousi + Brazier Co-men of the match

Irish,

good call on how the game went, except of course the result!!!

Fitness was the key, the last 20 minutes were nailbiting but the Cats fitness pulled them through. 9 Cats went 80 minutes, with some smart "impact" interchanges by the Cats.

Gangaram was pretty much shut down but showed real class when he was given half a chance, he missed 4 kicks however the sapped some strength from the Bulls.

MVP was John McGeachy, winger scored 3 and kicked 6, 3 of which were from the touch, which really killed the Bulls.

I am sure a full report will follow and I promised T-Hawk I would not bad mouth him, but I can" talk for slow front rower!!!!!!!!!

Tomahawk

Staff member
Llody;

First thank you for the drink at the pub. I got side tracked that night, and ended up downstairs the rest of the night with a misses. So I was unable to catch up with you again. It was great to finally get to talk to you again.

As for the Grand Final, the better team that night won. It was a great match. You can say whatever you want, but the Bulls did not capitalize on the Wildcats mistakes. Congratulations to all the Wildcats players.

1st – The Bulls missed 5 of their 6 kicks. That would have given them 10 points, that would have made the score 38 to 36. The Wildcats did not miss a kick all game.

2nd – The Bulls knocked the ball on I know twice inside the Wildcats 10 meter line.

3rd – Dave Nui was in the sin bin for the last 3 minutes of the first half, and the first 7 minutes of the 2nd half. Then with 11 minutes left in the math another Bulls player was but in the Sin bin. The Bulls scored a try in the last 5 minutes of the match. So the Bulls played 1 player down for 20 minutes.

As for the substitutions I liked the way it was done. You were aloud to suit up, as many guys hat were eligible to play. You were also aloud to have unlimited interchange. However, you could only substitute two players at a time, and only when play was stopped. You also had to check in with a fourth official who was taking care of the interchange.

I believe the official that was taking care of this did an excellent job, and only made one mistake I saw. Even know the Wildcats coach who was doing interchange was trying to do his job. I have never seen a coach wine and cry like this coach was doing.

The number of players that suited up was 29 for the Bulls and 23 to 25 for the Wildcats. So it was not like the Bulls had more players suited up, like supposedly happened.

Finally like I have no excuses. The better team won. The Wildcats played a hell of a game, and deserved to win. The Bulls have to look at themselves, but I would put money on the being back in the Grand Final next year.

Loser

Juniors
T'Hawk,
Was the coach of the Cats an Aussie or Kiwi, not to tall with dark hair?
If so, I saw him at the game against the Cats. He is a real little biotch.
He embarassed himself all day long & needed to pull his head in.

lloydy

Juniors
To be fair to Stellutes, there was an interchange official and some interchange rules to stop the endless in-out during play. Unfortunately Stellutes was not aware of these untill half-time and so was getting rather frustrated as he couldn't interchange as he pleased. Plus when Ryan McGough forgot to take off his Bulls shirt for the first 20 minutes, Stellutes was getting hot to say the least.

Tomahawk

Staff member
lloydy said:
To be fair to Stellutes, there was an interchange official and some interchange rules to stop the endless in-out during play. Unfortunately Stellutes was not aware of these untill half-time and so was getting rather frustrated as he couldn't interchange as he pleased. Plus when Ryan McGough forgot to take off his Bulls shirt for the first 20 minutes, Stellutes was getting hot to say the least.

:lol: I thought you were better then that lloydy?

When all well does not go your way, "BLAME IT ON THE REF."

I liked how they did the interchange, and believe it favored the Wildcats more then it favored the Bulls. I think Freddy did a great job doing it.

NO OFFICIAL NO MATTER WHO IT IS, HEAD REF/TOUCH JUDGE/INTERCHANGE OFFICIAL, SHOULD HAVE TO TAKE THE B*TCHING THAT FREDDY HAD TO TAKE.

And I know the Bulls are one of the worst teams to b*tch at the ref. during a match. There were plays that I think Ryan called wrong, but I will not use the ref as an excuse. The Bulls could not capitalize on the Wildcats mistakes. The Wildcats won that night. It was a great game that came down to the last couple of minutes.

Kamala

Juniors
SFR

You are so dumb. Of course if you dont have a US passport you are a foreigner.

Lloyddy send some of your expats to the Raiders, they were spawned by you guys. They have alot of young Americans who could use the help.

Tomahawk

Staff member
Kamala

You are right on target, and like you have said your team, the Knights will be affected by this. The Bulls would have Nuiy and Vassy considered foreigners.

And yes if you are a foreigner on a team that has to many foreigners go to a different team or start a new team. If the Wildcats have enough players to start a "B" team form a new team.

Foreigner – Someone who is not born in the United States.

phat cat

Juniors
America is a country founded on immigrants or do we forget that? who really wants a reserve grade comp made up of foreigners that is more fun to watch than the "a" grade comp? lets stop trying to fool ourselves Americanized foreigners are a good thing for the league!

By the way the Raiders are now based out of New Paltz, New York a good 2 hours from CT

slow frontrower

Juniors
FYI we do send players to the Warriors, but if we were going to put 2 teams in each week we could do it. All season we had college kids and other rugby union players come to practice and watch games from the Stands. We were short handed on a couple of occasions. But that was once or twice. If there were b games every week we could easily accomplish this.

Kamala, the next time we kick your ass what will you be happy about? I'm glad the crappy players on your team got a run, we'll be sure to run up the score next year on you guys again so maybe even you can play.

Tomahawk "Foreigner – Someone who is not born in the United States." What if they have a US passport now?

I don't disagree that their should be a limit, but anyone who has a greencard or passport should be a US player. (same or similar to union)

The problem with starting an entire new team is finding someone to run it. While this was already done with raiders, who have now moved to upstate New York, is not finding enough body's; it's finding the managment, the facilities; and the resources. Ben Kelly did a good job but when the Warriors started it proved too much. With all the rugby union in New York, it would be nice if they could start another team. Isn't their something like 40,000 aussies in NYC?

slow frontrower

Juniors
Also T-hawk, if the bulls have enough and Wildcats have enough then maybe we should have a B-game between us next year. Please mention something to Nui as this is a good possibility and could be a the start of a reserve grade comp that may take a few years but you have to start somewhere.

Tomahawk

Staff member
slow frontrower;

The answer to your email from me is in bold.

[quote=slow frontrower]FYI we do send players to the Warriors, but if we were going to put 2 teams in each week we could do it. All season we had college kids and other rugby union players come to practice and watch games from the Stands. We were short handed on a couple of occasions. But that was once or twice. If there were b games every week we could easily accomplish this.

The Wildcats are not the only team to do what you say. I have played in games with the Slayers and MantaRays so they could have enough players or have a few subs. I also know for a fact that the Axeman gave a few players to the MantaRays when they played in Florida. So don’t think you are the only team that helps out other teams. The AMNRL whore “Joe Keller” has played for Glen Mills, Media/Delaware, Philadelphia, and New Jersey.

Kamala, the next time we kick your ass what will you be happy about? I'm glad the crappy players on your team got a run, we'll be sure to run up the score next year on you guys again so maybe even you can play.

I would not count on that. My bet is the Knights will be even better then they were this season. They will be a favorite to win the 2007 AMNRL Grand Final.

Tomahawk "Foreigner – Someone who is not born in the United States." What if they have a US passport now?

My definition is very clear. Like I have said the founder of the AMNRL Dave Nui should be considered a foreigner. No matter of their Visa/Green Card/or US citizen status is. If they were born in a different country they should be considered a foreigner.

I don't disagree that their should be a limit, but anyone who has a greencard or passport should be a US player. (same or similar to union)

The problem with starting an entire new team is finding someone to run it. While this was already done with raiders, who have now moved to upstate New York, is not finding enough body's; it's finding the managment, the facilities; and the resources. Ben Kelly did a good job but when the Warriors started it proved too much. With all the rugby union in New York, it would be nice if they could start another team. Isn't their something like 40,000 aussies in NYC?

Yes, you are 100% on target that it is hard to start a new team. However, the AMNRL has had money new teams in the past few years. Spinner showed the entire rugby league world what can be done with hard work and love for the sport. What Rich Portale has done for the Wildcats has gone unnoticed. And there are talks about more teams joining the AMNRL next year. So it can be done. [/quote]

slow frontrower

Juniors
If 4 or 5 teams can do a reserve grade team, then I think that should be a major push for next year. It will be a big step for the AMNRL.

Tomahawk

Staff member
slow frontrower said:
Also T-hawk, if the bulls have enough and Wildcats have enough then maybe we should have a B-game between us next year. Please mention something to Nui as this is a good possibility and could be a the start of a reserve grade comp that may take a few years but you have to start somewhere.

I think this would be a great game to be played at the War at the Shore. To be eligible you must not have started in more then 3 matches.

gothecats

Juniors
Tomahawk said:
Llody;

First thank you for the drink at the pub. I got side tracked that night, and ended up downstairs the rest of the night with a misses. So I was unable to catch up with you again. It was great to finally get to talk to you again.

As for the Grand Final, the better team that night won. It was a great match. You can say whatever you want, but the Bulls did not capitalize on the Wildcats mistakes. Congratulations to all the Wildcats players.

1st – The Bulls missed 5 of their 6 kicks. That would have given them 10 points, that would have made the score 38 to 36. The Wildcats did not miss a kick all game.

2nd – The Bulls knocked the ball on I know twice inside the Wildcats 10 meter line.

3rd – Dave Nui was in the sin bin for the last 3 minutes of the first half, and the first 7 minutes of the 2nd half. Then with 11 minutes left in the math another Bulls player was but in the Sin bin. The Bulls scored a try in the last 5 minutes of the match. So the Bulls played 1 player down for 20 minutes.

As for the substitutions I liked the way it was done. You were aloud to suit up, as many guys hat were eligible to play. You were also aloud to have unlimited interchange. However, you could only substitute two players at a time, and only when play was stopped. You also had to check in with a fourth official who was taking care of the interchange.

I believe the official that was taking care of this did an excellent job, and only made one mistake I saw. Even know the Wildcats coach who was doing interchange was trying to do his job. I have never seen a coach wine and cry like this coach was doing.

The number of players that suited up was 29 for the Bulls and 23 to 25 for the Wildcats. So it was not like the Bulls had more players suited up, like supposedly happened.

Finally like I have no excuses. The better team won. The Wildcats played a hell of a game, and deserved to win. The Bulls have to look at themselves, but I would put money on the being back in the Grand Final next year.

T'Hawk, the refs did an outstanding job. One time in the first half the I gave the ref a very hard time and I was completely out of line. I said I was sorry at half time and he did not hear from me again. I thought the refs did a great job. Tempers flared quite a bit and they kept a good handle on it. As for Fred doing the interchange, he did an outstanding job. The two subs per interchange was established prior to the game but no other rules were explained. Neither Fred nor I knew we had to wait for a stoppage in play before making an interchange until the second half. We were also not clear on the procedure if a player were injured on the field. Fred and I were learning together as the game went on so it was difficult for both. All in all, it still worked great. I did not give him a hard time at all. I did keep in constant contact with him to ensure we were always doing it correctly.

By the way, Will Brazier was sin binned for the same incident as your player at the end of the game. The end of the game was played 12 on 12.

Tomahawk

Staff member
gothecats said:
T'Hawk, the refs did an outstanding job. One time in the first half the I gave the ref a very hard time and I was completely out of line. I said I was sorry at half time and he did not hear from me again. I thought the refs did a great job. Tempers flared quite a bit and they kept a good handle on it. As for Fred doing the interchange, he did an outstanding job. The two subs per interchange was established prior to the game but no other rules were explained. Neither Fred nor I knew we had to wait for a stoppage in play before making an interchange until the second half. We were also not clear on the procedure if a player were injured on the field. Fred and I were learning together as the game went on so it was difficult for both. All in all, it still worked great. I did not give him a hard time at all. I did keep in constant contact with him to ensure we were always doing it correctly.

By the way, Will Brazier was sin binned for the same incident as your player at the end of the game. The end of the game was played 12 on 12.

You are on film gothecats. And I did not know Will was sin binned

Latest posts