What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AMNRL Week #5

Tomahawk

Staff member
Saturday, June 17

Bulls v Sharks
Glen Mills Schools 2pm

Fight v Axemen 1pm
Mantarays v Slayers 2:30pm

Aston Elementary School

Wildcats v Knights at 1pm

Charlie Casagrande Stadium, CT

Warriors v Raiders at 2pm

New Paltz, NY

Tomahawk

Staff member
Tomahawk's Picks;

Bulls over Sharks by 12 or more
Fight over the Axeman by 12 or less
Slayers over MantaRays by 24 or more
Wildcats over Knights by 24 or less
Warriors over Raiders by 6 or less

AMNRL match to watch in week 5 is the Wildcats/Knights match. I think the Cats will get them because of home field. However, don't count the Knights out of it.

lloydy

Juniors
Tomahawk, I assume your exuberance got the better of you and the Wildcats and Warriors picks are mixed up. The Wildcats/Knights will be close and the Warriors will destroy the Raiders. I also think the Axemen will spring a suprise if they can bring up a full side.

Tomahawk

Staff member
lloydy;

As we are both aware the Knights have been 100% better then they were last year, and they were a good team last year. I also think/hope the the Wildcats and Knights will split a game between the two clubs, both winning one one the two matches.

However, I think the Cats will pull away somtime in the 2nd half, and put the Knights away. We both know when the Cats are on their game they are hard to stop.

So this week I have to say this; "Go Wildcats". You might not ever hear me say that again.

slow frontrower

Juniors
T hawk, Cats v Knights should be close and is anyones guess. Also I have the Axeman over the fight. The Warriors will Destroy the Raiders. I would love the Sharks to beat the bulls but I doubt it will happen.

Loser

Juniors
The Knights are limping already & will be without the services of more than a few good men. Watch for Joe Hughes to continue his great form & lead the charge .Good luck to both teams

lloydy

Juniors
Nice post Loser!! so if you lose you can blame it on the injuries, if you win great!! As stellutes said the Cats are 8 and 0 against the Knights. Plus the Cats may be a bit short too this weekend, a couple of injuries and non-availables, but as you know the fun starts in the playoffs. Best of luck to both teams this weekend sorry I have to miss it.

Tomahawk

Staff member
Sharkies;

Good luck upsetting the Bulls on their home field. I think the Bulls have not lost a home game in three years, and that loss was to a good Wildcats team. Probally the best Wildcats team in club history, and maybe one of the top three teams in AMNRL history. Let me give you some facts;

Game temp will probally be in the low 90's, and in the humidity and it will feel close to a 100 degree's.

The Bulls will have amost its full squad, with 2 or three missing. That number is about 30 players.

Welcome back for his first match of the 2006 season Joe Becker.

The croud size will be about 1200. That means their will be 1200 kids screaming and cheering the Bulls on.

The Bulls will also be welcoming back Dave Nui, who has not played in the last two games.

Finally the Sharks play the Bulls like no other team. The history between these two clubs is great. The Sharks have probally have beaten the Bulls more then any other team. However, I just don't see the Sharks being able to beat the Bulls at Glen Mills. It will no dout be a great game.

Sharks are coming off a huge loss to the Axeman
Bulls are coming off a win over the Axeman

Who do you pick?

Loser

Juniors
lloydy said:
Nice post Loser!! so if you lose you can blame it on the injuries, if you win great!! As stellutes said the Cats are 8 and 0 against the Knights. Plus the Cats may be a bit short too this weekend, a couple of injuries and non-availables, but as you know the fun starts in the playoffs. Best of luck to both teams this weekend sorry I have to miss it.

Lloydy, I agree the post does sound like a disclaimer of sorts but as stated the Knights are 0-8 against the Cats. To me the Knights are underdogs & as such dont need an excuse if they lose.
Now I havent seen the cats this yr but the Knights are a much improved side than previous yrs & will be well understrength this weekend(another one down our forward import flew back to England today for family reasons), so take advantage when you can as the Knights have there best chance of winning one against the cats this year.

axefan

Juniors
Tomahawk said:
......Sharks are coming off a huge loss to the Axeman
Bulls are coming off a win over the Axeman

Who do you pick?

Nice to see The Axe used as a measuring stick.

They faught hard against the Bulls a couple weeks ago and may have a shot beating the champs at home later this year.
what do i know. It was the first rugby game ive ever been to.

Anyone got a score for the Axemen vs. Fight match?

tcc_dc

Juniors
Axemen defeated the Fight (score??)
Slayers defeated Mantarays (50 something to 20 something)

tc

Tomahawk

Staff member
axefan said:
Nice to see The Axe used as a measuring stick.

They faught hard against the Bulls a couple weeks ago and may have a shot beating the champs at home later this year.
what do i know. It was the first rugby game ive ever been to.

Anyone got a score for the Axemen vs. Fight match?

Axefan;

No disrespect to the Axeman, but if they want to defeat the Bulls at Glen Mills they are going to have to travel with every single one of their guys. I do not want to sound conseaded, However it is a hard test to beat the Bulls at Glen Mills. Ask people from the Knights, Sharks, Fight, or Wildcats that question. Can it be done? Yes, and it has been donw by the Wildcats 3 years ago.

If the Axeman stay healthy and keep getting better like they our, they will make the playoff's. The downside of making the playoff's they are going to most likely have to play the Wildcats, Knights, or Bulls at their home field.

Latest posts