What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amongst the Doom and Gloom

Rob Dragon

Juniors
OK fellow tragics it is time to lift the curtain of despair and remember that we support a tremendously historic brand. With that in mind I want to share with you my best Dragons team of the last 40 years. When I get together with fellow tragics and start doing Bourbons we invariably slip into picking our favourite sides. So without further ado, here is my best/favourite team of the last 40 years!!!!!!!!!!

1. Ted Goodwin – still my all time favourite. Lord Ted!
2. Mitch Brennan – an absolute thoroughbred
3. Matt Cooper – best defensive centre we’ve had in the last 30 years
4. Mark Gasnier – tremendous talent
5. Brett Morris – great finisher and just pips Nathan Blacklock
6. Anthony Mundine – any-one who saw the 2nd half of the 1999 qualifying final against the Sharks knows this bloke could play
7. Steve Morris – Oh how I long for Sunday afternoons at Kogarah watching him run off Rod Reddy and Craig Young
8. Craig Young – tremendous prop
9. Dean Young – gotta have him packing down with his old man
10. Pat Jarvis – how tough was he?
11. Graeme Wynn – don’t you long for the days of a wide running destructive back-rower causing mayhem out wide?
12. Tyson Frizzell – this bloke has got it
13. The one and only – Rod Reddy

Reserves:

14. Lance Thompson – RIP
15. Pat Jarvis – tough as nails
16. Ben Creagh
17. Ben Hornby

Coach: Harry Bath

possm

Coach
Sorry, very few of our current squad hold a candle to the players you have listed. Our coach and our management people have run this famous Club into the ground. Look no further than the state of the Taj to realize how far we have fallen.

Rob Dragon

Juniors
Sorry, very few of our current squad hold a candle to the players you have listed. Our coach and our management people have run this famous Club into the ground. Look no further than the state of the Taj to realize how far we have fallen.
Possm, of course you are right. I just need a lift in my spirits mate!

sco22

Juniors
How true Possum

To see a great club it once was now just a rabble

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
1. Ritchie Williams
2. Hassan Saleh
3. David Howell
4. Luke McDougall
5. Wise Kativerata
6. Ben Rodgers
7. Chris Shepard
8. Charlie Leano
9. Craig Garvey
10. Luke Page
11. Mark Ioane
12. Michael Howell
13. Jack Bosden

14. Nathan Long
15. Rulon Nutira
16. Matt Groat
17. Tyson Frizzell

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Drank bourbon for 40 years .................... My pick.
mark2_2477762b.jpg

I cannot escape the past greats, which goes back more than 40yrs Rob - so this team might lift your spirits:
1 Changa
2 King
3 R Gasnier
4 M Gasnier
5 Morris
6 Clay
7 Smith
8 Ryan
9 Kearney
10 Young
11 Provan
12 Reddy
13 Raper

Enjoy the memories
Great team.

Especially gaz and gaz in the centres.
Excellent.

Reddragon

Bench
I cannot escape the past greats, which goes back more than 40yrs Rob - so this team might lift your spirits:
1 Changa
2 King
3 R Gasnier
4 M Gasnier
5 Morris
6 Clay
7 Smith
8 Ryan
9 Kearney
10 Young
11 Provan
12 Reddy
13 Raper

Enjoy the memories
Love to see the bench for this team!
Lord Ted?

SnowDragon

Juniors
1 Changa
2 King
3 R Gasnier
4 M Gasnier
5 Morris
6 Clay
7 Smith
8 Ryan
9 Kearney
10 Young
11 Provan
12 Reddy
13 Raper

Enjoy the memories

Which Morris on the wing? Slippery or Brett?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
LIke your original team.
Would change a few, but overall a great squad.
Love your sentiment.

But Tallis can get f...d...
Not a Saints legend in my eyes.
Stop Press - As good as Pat Jarvis was...he can't start and be on the bench....so #15 - Gordon Tallis!

Tallis? Not a snowflake’s chance in Hades after that mug reneged on a VALID playing contract.

He may have only played 30 odd games for SGI but without him Saints wouldn’t have won the 2010 premiership.

His name is Jeremy Smith. His inclusion is a necessity in my “best ever” Dragons’ side from the past 40 years.

Instead of Darius Boyd, “Jez”’ (along with Ben Hornby) should’ve been the only two considered for the Clive Churchill Medal.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Love to see the bench for this team!
Lord Ted?

Bench:

Bath
Huddart
Frizell
Rasmussen
(He regularly linekicked 80m - never seen the likes of that since. These days they don’t seem to give a rats about kicking for distance - just pop it maybe 20m on average! Strange indeed. Frank Hyde would go into raptures over the length of his kicks.
PS Les Johns was the most gifted linekicker I’ve ever seen)

Brett Morris was my winger - I do think over distance he was quicker than his Dad

Last edited:

kit66

Bench
1. Ritchie Williams
2. Hassan Saleh
3. David Howell
4. Luke McDougall
5. Wise Kativerata
6. Ben Rodgers
7. Chris Shepard
8. Charlie Leano
9. Craig Garvey
10. Luke Page
11. Mark Ioane
12. Michael Howell
13. Jack Bosden

14. Nathan Long
15. Rulon Nutira
16. Matt Groat
17. Tyson Frizzell

Needs less Frizzel more George Rose.

OK fellow tragics it is time to lift the curtain of despair and remember that we support a tremendously historic brand. With that in mind I want to share with you my best Dragons team of the last 40 years. When I get together with fellow tragics and start doing Bourbons we invariably slip into picking our favourite sides. So without further ado, here is my best/favourite team of the last 40 years!!!!!!!!!!

1. Ted Goodwin – still my all time favourite. Lord Ted!
2. Mitch Brennan – an absolute thoroughbred
3. Matt Cooper – best defensive centre we’ve had in the last 30 years
4. Mark Gasnier – tremendous talent
5. Brett Morris – great finisher and just pips Nathan Blacklock
6. Anthony Mundine – any-one who saw the 2nd half of the 1999 qualifying final against the Sharks knows this bloke could play
7. Steve Morris – Oh how I long for Sunday afternoons at Kogarah watching him run off Rod Reddy and Craig Young
8. Craig Young – tremendous prop
9. Dean Young – gotta have him packing down with his old man
10. Pat Jarvis – how tough was he?
11. Graeme Wynn – don’t you long for the days of a wide running destructive back-rower causing mayhem out wide?
12. Tyson Frizzell – this bloke has got it
13. The one and only – Rod Reddy

Reserves:

14. Lance Thompson – RIP
15. Pat Jarvis – tough as nails
16. Ben Creagh
17. Ben Hornby

Coach: Harry Bath

This tremendously historic brand has been trashed by the merger and an old boys business model. Nothing about the current state of the club represents the previously iconic brand. The board should be ashamed.

Otherwise, love your post! Need to turn my mind to the make up of the team but it won't include Waterboy either in the centres or as coach. Nor Brian Johnston for that matter.

Straight Shooter

Last edited:

Latest posts