What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amos is out for the season

Anonymous

Juniors
Busted shoulder... the same as last year. Saw him a sling last night at the Taj and today the club confirmed it by press release.

Yesterday at Kogarah, a few of us were discussing who would make way for Tingha (Amos or Saleh), and then he left the field clutching his shoulder.

Tough luck Amos.

R2K

Bench
Bad news for Amos! I think he was Premier League bound after that effort anyway. I still want to know why Riddell was benched as it did us no favours. I realise he missed that tackle on Ty Williams with Byrne, and threw 1 dodgy pass from dummy-half, but he didn't deserve that treatment. At least he did a top kick in the first 15 minutes which pressured the Cowgirls.

I didn't realise you were back at the Club Willow. Sorry I missed you. I went straight home due to the tonsilitis and major depression.

Anonymous

Juniors
No worries R2K. I was hoping to catch to spot you those 3 banjos.

Not sure what happened with Riddell but I thought he was struggling a little with a back problem but I could be wrong.

It was a woeful effort and the guys knew it.

Hope you get well soon mate and welcome to TFR. :)

R2K

Bench
Banjos? What is this, the Sutherland Shire?

So has this forum replaced the 'Legends' community? By the way, I'm much better but still depressed over yesterday. I watched the tape last night and it didn't seem as bad the 2nd time around.

Anonymous

Juniors
R2K said:
Banjos? What is this, the Sutherland Shire?

So has this forum replaced the 'Legends' community? By the way, I'm much better but still depressed over yesterday. I watched the tape last night and it didn't seem as bad the 2nd time around.

Banjo Patersons.

LWOS will continue but being a NineMsn forum, it had its limitations.

Glad to hear you're cheering up.

What do you think of Timmo being selected at 5/8 for NSW? He played there a few weeks ago and was an inspiration I thought. Remains to be seen if he can carry it into Origin.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
He’s fallen by the wasteside of late, when he first came on the scene he looked like dynamite now he is average at best.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Put Blacklock in for Amos, drop the useless Saleh and promot Wilshere. What does the guy have to do for a chance?

Anonymous

Juniors
Tamazoid said:
Put Blacklock in for Amos, drop the useless Saleh and promot Wilshere. What does the guy have to do for a chance?

Wilshere would have improve a lot more yet before I'd let him near first grade. Naiqama deserves more of a go.... maybe you're getting the two mixed up.

Saleh has put in a few good efforts after a dismal start. He was less than ordinary last weekend against the Cowboys but on that day we had a whole team of bludgers.

It's going to be Blacklock / Saleh.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Willow said:
Tamazoid said:

Wilshere would have improve a lot more yet before I'd let him near first grade. Naiqama deserves more of a go.... maybe you're getting the two mixed up.

Saleh has put in a few good efforts after a dismal start. He was less than ordinary last weekend against the Cowboys but on that day we had a whole team of bludgers.

It's going to be Blacklock / Saleh.

Maybe I am. But Wilshere always has seemed to have the potential. Naiqama looks quite good as well.

Collateral

Coach
Tamazoid said:

I agree, Give Wilshere a go. He deserves it.

Anonymous

Juniors
June 6, 2003

MEDIA UPDATE

The Dragons received some good news on the injury front today, with winger Amos Roberts being told he would not require shoulder surgery now and that he may return to play as early as six weeks.

Roberts saw an orthopedic surgeon today, who confirmed his right shoulder is fractured, but the outcome was better than expected, with a reconstruction not required. It was earlier thought he may miss the season with his second reconstruction to the same shoulder in 12 months.

Alan Shore

First Grade
That's good news for you guys. He can be a great attacking weapon. I'd love to see him get thrown in at halfback or 5/8th ala Matty Bowen/Preston Campbell. He'd carve up.

Anonymous

Juniors
Tamazoid said:
That's good news for you guys. He can be a great attacking weapon. I'd love to see him get thrown in at halfback or 5/8th ala Matty Bowen/Preston Campbell. He'd carve up.

Its been tossed around a lot amongst Saints supporters. I think we're finally getting used to him being on the wing.

But the fact is, there are at least 3 other five eighths before Roberts, and thats not including Barrett (Byrne, Bower, Timmins).

Things are not quite right with Amos and he may have to fight his way back into the first grade. Its great news that he'll back sooner rather than later but methinks he is in for a sterner test.

If he gets through that, we might just see him turn into a great player.

Z

Juniors
Yea.
It's fantastic news to see that Amos doesn't require surgery.
However his injury has created an opening for Blacklock which I feel will be very hard for Amos to get back.

Cheers.
Saint Firman 8)

Latest posts