What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An opinion on how to fix the dragons.

TruSaint

Referee
get rid of the whole forward pack and replace them with the cutters forwards

short term solution dino.
We need a longer game plan for the club.
For example, do as you say, bring in the cutters pack, then they are under the tutelage of Mary and Doust.
Achievement ? No.
Under the veil of a CEO lies a self centred, narrow minded man whom has held this post for 15 years, with one achievement and you can thank Wayne for that.
You guys want change, as I do, hold those accountable for the Clubs position liable. Not staff.

TruSaint

Referee
The lengths the board go to, to stop u from voting and what they do to get votes in Election Day are criminal.

Read a great insight gonz on this matter. Posted by I believe either Willow or Father Ted.
Like i said, root canal surgery is easier. :x

twinkletoes

Juniors
Hi all, this is just strictly my opinion on how we can fix this once great club.
- recruit a new board and CEO
- recruit a new coach and assistants from outside st george.
- recruit big fowards with ability.
- revamp attack structures, offloading, support play. Better use of widdop and Merrin.
- revamp defence structures.
Release the following players
-hunt
-rein
- Thompson
- creagh
- Harrison
- Matthews
- green.
- invest in junior set up, and smart recruiting from other clubs.
-

Unfortunately I am suspecting that apart from the players we would want to let go there are several who we want to keep who are starting to think about asking for releases

FlameThrower

Bench
Is this the most depressing forum or what?
People I barely know at work come up to me asking what's going on at the Dragons....
I heard a talkback guy waffling on about NRL expansion, then mentioned current clubs with no talent or depth issues and we got a mention.
Cash strapped and sold our home ground 'soul' to cover expenses.
Heartless, soulless squad with no sign of spark or pride.
Yes this is the most depressing forum.

Dino and his wisdom most of the Cutters forwards aren't even aligned to the Dragons part time footballers mind you they may offer more in terms of heart and spirit then say a Hunt or Harrison.

TruSaint

Referee
Dino and his wisdom most of the Cutters forwards aren't even aligned to the Dragons part time footballers mind you they may offer more in terms of heart and spirit then say a Hunt or Harrison.

Yes, but what will bringing them under the umbrella we have launched achieve. F.. all

twinkletoes

Juniors
Is this the most depressing forum or what?
People I barely know at work come up to me asking what's going on at the Dragons....
I heard a talkback guy waffling on about NRL expansion, then mentioned current clubs with no talent or depth issues and we got a mention.
Cash strapped and sold our home ground 'soul' to cover expenses.
Heartless, soulless squad with no sign of spark or pride.
Yes this is the most depressing forum.

Will we survive..I never thought I would ask that question, but its becoming increasingly possible

Minh

First Grade
The people running this club are seemingly untouchables. A change to an experienced coach would be a start, overhaul the forward pack as the backs are already pretty strong.

dragonreddy

Juniors
Will we survive..I never thought I would ask that question, but its becoming increasingly possible

I'm starting to wonder the same thing.

When you think about it , DOUST has never been under this much pressure,the joint venture got off to a flyer by making 99 grand final .That along with the salary cap concessions etc for being a JV club, the club always had ample talent available and whilst featuring in the finals series for the majority of the 2000's DOUST managed to fly under the radar, then the BENNETT years,success allowed him to breathe easy again,but it looks like no one saw this coming and whats is glaringly obvious is that the whole set up at the club has been caught short and obviously the money jar is running low as well,i doubt the NRL would let the club fail but they may end having a bigger say in how it is run if they have to give more money over.

gonz

Juniors
The people running this club are seemingly untouchables. A change to an experienced coach would be a start, overhaul the forward pack as the backs are already pretty strong.

See attached ! The bloke should be hanging his head in Shame yet his all smiles

Welcome to dousts club

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 9

Dogs Of War

Coach
Really you guys need to just pay overs to the best 4 up and coming props. Within a couple of years you will have the go forward you need.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

I agree Minh....forget this year (again) we are long gone unfortunately...we now need priority one and that's a respected experienced coach....hopefully if we can obtain this then from somewhere (don't ask me who or where) we just may entice some good forwards either from Oz or the UK (Cooper seems to be ok)...as for players like Rein etc they still have years to go on their contracts and maybe with the help from some bigger props etc and some forwards with a bit of grunt these players may lift...as you say we are strong in the backs with Morris, Nightingale, Dugan, Widdop and Marshall ( I m sure he will get better) ...as much as some would like to have wholesale sackings it just aint gonna happen...

rainman44

Bench
I'd do a Ricky Stuart and put rein in reserve grade till he leaves or shop him around to the highest bidder here and overseas.

Father Ted

First Grade
Recruit a new board?

Who exactly is going to do that? The boards lust for power is the reason we are screwed.

We can't recruit a new board as such. We haven't run against them for a few years . But three members are subject to election each year and I think it's still done the same way even these days.

Totally agree Robbie. Its a huge challenge as history shows.
We can but try...

Takes two to three years and requires about 5k of leagues club members votes

Well the leagues club grants have been getting smaller and lets face it how much can poker machines, a smoking room and average food raise in revenue?

Latest posts