What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And Player #698 is??

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Colonel said:
Taulima would have drifted right in with the news of Hayne being axed.

Tautai $1.01

Galuvao $1.25

Oake and Keating for player #700 $1.01

given his odds and the date of the post I would say that C was on the money....

Hurriflatch

Referee
Taulima Tautai - #698
Matt Keating - #699
Brendan Oake - #700
Joe Galuvao - #701

Do we now open a market for #702-705

Stagger eel

Staff member
20 year old Taulima Tautai will become the 698th player to wear the Blue and Gold jersey when he makes his first grade debut for the Pirtek Parramatta Eels against the Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium on Saturday.

Tautai has been named alongside Krisnan Inu in the centres for the Eels Telstra Premiership season opener, which kicks off at 5.30pm.

Also making their first appearance for the Eels in the top grade are interchange players Joe Galuvao (no. 699), Matthew Keating (no. 700), and Brendan Oake (no. 701).

“If anything the selections reflect the strength of our top 25,” head coach Michael Hagan said.

“All four players called upon to make their debuts have had excellent pre-seasons and all have shown solid trial form.

“Taulima was one of our best against the Panthers in Albury while Joe, Matt and Brendan have all played strongly in two trials.

“It’s also a good result for Parramatta’s development programs, with Taulima, Matt and Brendan all coming through our junior and lower grade ranks and into the NRL.”

In other good news for the Eels, international second rower Nathan Hindmarsh has fully recovered from knee surgery and will take his place in the starting line up.

Saturday’s match kicks off at 5.30pm at ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park, and follows the Toyota Cup clash between the Eels and Bulldogs at 3pm.

http://parraeels.com.au/news/news1713.shtml

thanks to Ross Smart for his help on this...

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Hey Stagger when can I expect your betting agency to pay up on the player #698 dividend.

I had $10 on him @ $18.00

So I will give you your $20 and expect $180 in small used bills.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Engineers Room said:
Hey Stagger when can I expect your betting agency to pay up on the player #698 dividend.

I had $10 on him @ $18.00

So I will give you your $20 and expect $180 in small used bills.

it doesn't quite work that way ;-) ...usually you pay up beforehand.

unfortunately your bet has become null and void ;-)

V1er

Juniors
fish eel said:
wouldnt what number they are depend on the order they are brought on by Hagan?

I would have thought so too but it looks like it'll be alphabetical order for the bench.

fish eel

Immortal
V1er said:
I would have thought so too but it looks like it'll be alphabetical order for the bench.

so the numbers could get all screwed up if hagan does a tommy raudonikis and only uses 3 of them?

carson

Juniors
fish eel said:
so the numbers could get all screwed up if hagan does a tommy raudonikis and only uses 3 of them?

Tommy only did that because he needed someone fresh at all times for an emergency run down the shops for a packet of androtops!!