What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anderson made me play with injury: Tahu

http://sportal.com.au/league-news-display/tahu-slams-anderson-99266/page/2

"Off-contract Parramatta centre Timana Tahu has blasted former Parramatta coach Daniel Anderson and admits he's no certainty to stay with the Eels next season.
An angry Tahu claims Anderson, who was sacked following an extraordinary board meeting on Monday night, repeatedly forced him to train despite a chronic ankle injury.
The dual international suffered the injury whilst playing in the annual City-Country clash back in May and played out the remainder of the season under duress.

"It's just been torture with this ankle and it still hasn't recovered," Tahu said at Kangaroos training on Wednesday.
"I could have done things better during the season to get back to 100 percent but we were struggling during the year and Ando wanted players on the field training."
"So it just got worse as we kept on going until I had to have another two weeks off after my four-week suspension."
Asked if the injury could have been better managed, Tahu quipped: "Yeah it could have been but when the coach overrules the physios and the medical staff, it's an uphill battle. So we just had to listen to what the coach wanted. We were under pressure during the year."
"We got through our games and we still had a strong side on the park but really didn't do anything at the end of the day, we came 12th."
Not surprisingly, Tahu endorsed the board's decision to cut Anderson loose with a year still left to run on his contract.
"I support the club and the board 100 percent," he said.
"Every club wants to be successful and Parramatta needs to think about the future of where Parramatta wants to go and whatever decision they make I support them"
"It's a tough business being in the NRL. As a player, I've been in that situation where you're not wanted ... it should go for coaches as well. If you don't perform then you know you're under pressure the same as the players."
The 29-year-old also expressed a desire to play under current Storm assistant coach Steve Kearney, who has been widely tipped to coach the Eels from next season.
Tahu, however, revealed his own future is far from secure.
While the Eels announced they had lured the powerful centre back from rugby union on a three-year deal at the end of last season, Tahu confirmed he only signed a one-year deal and 'verbally agreed for three' with close friend and Parramatta CEO Paul Osborne.
"I'm still off contract at the moment," a nervous Tahu said.
"I was supposed to re-sign in Round 10 and I'm still to sign a contract. Ozzie's saying everything's fine and silly me I trust him."
"Ozzie's told me Steve Kearney, if he does get the job, wants me there which is a positive thing. I'd like to be coached underneath him, but you never know with rugby league - next week I could be telling a different story."
"I think I'm the only international player that's not on contract."
"It is a bit stressful, I've got three kids and I need to put food on the table for my family and I don't know what my future is."
"Every club has spent all their money, I'm hoping that when I walk in soon that there's a contract sitting on the table waiting to get signed because if not I don't know where I'm going to go. I haven't talked to no-one."

Gee Tahu, for someone who had a pretty poor year, shooting your mouth off doesn't see very wise. If the coach should be sacked, you should be too given your 'performance' this year. :roll:

http://sportal.com.au/league-news-display/tahu-slams-anderson-99266/page/2

Off-contract Parramatta centre Timana Tahu has blasted former Parramatta coach Daniel Anderson and admits he's no certainty to stay with the Eels next season.

An angry Tahu claims Anderson, who was sacked following an extraordinary board meeting on Monday night, repeatedly forced him to train despite a chronic ankle injury.
The dual international suffered the injury whilst playing in the annual City-Country clash back in May and played out the remainder of the season under duress.
"It's just been torture with this ankle and it still hasn't recovered," Tahu said at Kangaroos training on Wednesday.
"I could have done things better during the season to get back to 100 percent but we were struggling during the year and Ando wanted players on the field training."
"So it just got worse as we kept on going until I had to have another two weeks off after my four-week suspension."
Asked if the injury could have been better managed, Tahu quipped: "Yeah it could have been but when the coach overrules the physios and the medical staff, it's an uphill battle. So we just had to listen to what the coach wanted. We were under pressure during the year."
"We got through our games and we still had a strong side on the park but really didn't do anything at the end of the day, we came 12th."
Not surprisingly, Tahu endorsed the board's decision to cut Anderson loose with a year still left to run on his contract.
"Every club wants to be successful and Parramatta needs to think about the future of where Parramatta wants to go and whatever decision they make I support them"
"It's a tough business being in the NRL. As a player, I've been in that situation where you're not wanted ... it should go for coaches as well. If you don't perform then you know you're under pressure the same as the players."

Gee Timanu - if Anderson goes, well you should go too given your 'contribution' to our side this year.

Mickyd39

Juniors
Dual international Timana Tahu claims sacked Parramatta coach Daniel Anderson forced him to play through a debilitating ankle injury in a bid to save the Eels' NRL season.

In a bitter aftermath to Anderson's sacking from the club following a extraordinary board meeting on Monday night, Tahu said Anderson ignored the wishes of Eels medical staff in forcing the NSW Origin star to battle through the complaint which first surfaced in May.

The Eels struggled to live up to expectations throughout a poor 2010 campaign - pre-season premiership favouritism finishing in a disappointing 12th-placed finish.

"I've had it since Country (the City-Country) clash and I've just been restricted, since Country it's just been torture with this ankle and it still hasn't recovered," Tahu said.

"I could have done things better during the season to get back to 100 per cent but we were struggling during the year and Ando wanted players on the field training so it just got worse as we kept on going."

Asked if the injury - which threatens his availability for Australia's Four-Nations campaign - could have been better managed, Tahu said:

"Yeah it could have been but when the coach overrules the physios and the medical staff, it's an uphill battle.

"We just had to listen to what the coach wanted, we were under pressure during the year."

Not surprisingly Tahu backed the board's decision to release Anderson from the final year of his contract, with Melbourne assistant Stephen Kearney the hot tip to get the job ahead of former Cronulla coach Ricky Stuart.

"I support the club and the board 100 per cent," Tahu said.

"Every club wants to be successful and Parramatta needs to think about the future of where Parramatta wants to go and whatever decision they make I support them.

"It's a tough business being in the NRL as a player, I've been in that situation where you're not wanted ... it should go for coaches as well, if you don't perform then you know you're under pressure the same as the players."

Adding to the drama of Tahu's injury predicament is the fact he is off contract at the end of the year after it was revealed his agreement to return to the club following two years in rugby union was only for one season - with a verbal agreement for two more years.

While he has received assurances from chief executive Paul Osborne that his future is secure, Tahu admitted to having some sleepless nights worrying about his plight.

"It is a bit stressful, I've got three kids, I need to put food on the table for my family and I don't know what my future is," Tahu said.

"I was supposed to re-sign in round ten and I'm still to sign a contract.

"Ozzie's saying everything's fine ... (he's) told me Steve Kearney if he does get the job wants me there which is a positive thing, I'd like to be coached underneath him.

"Every club has spent all their money, I'm hoping that when I walk in soon that there's a contract sitting on the table waiting to get signed because if not I don't know where I'm going to go, I haven't talked to no-one.

"Clubs don't want injured players and especially at my age, coming to the back end of my career, they don't want old, injured players."

Despite being limited to the weights room on Wednesday, Tahu said he was still hopeful of making the final cut-off when the Australian squad was announced on Tuesday.

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...on-made-me-play-with-injury-tahu/default.aspx

WOW.

If this is the case, how come the NSW Doctors did not rule him out of Origin.

I hope we resign him for as little as possible, as he said in the article "Clubs don't want injured players and especially at my age, coming to the back end of my career, they don't want old, injured players."

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
http://sportal.com.au/league-news-display/tahu-slams-anderson-99266

Tahu slams Anderson

29/09/2010 7:47 PM
Steve Orme

Off-contract Parramatta centre Timana Tahu has blasted former Parramatta coach Daniel Anderson and admits he's no certainty to stay with the Eels next season.

The 29-year-old also expressed a desire to play under current Storm assistant coach Steve Kearney, who has been widely tipped to coach the Eels from next season.

Tahu, however, revealed his own future is far from secure.

While the Eels announced they had lured the powerful centre back from rugby union on a three-year deal at the end of last season, Tahu confirmed he only signed a one-year deal and 'verbally agreed for three' with close friend and Parramatta CEO Paul Osborne.

"I'm still off contract at the moment," a nervous Tahu said.

"I was supposed to re-sign in Round 10 and I'm still to sign a contract. Ozzie's saying everything's fine and silly me I trust him."

"Ozzie's told me Steve Kearney, if he does get the job, wants me there which is a positive thing. I'd like to be coached underneath him, but you never know with rugby league - next week I could be telling a different story."

"I think I'm the only international player that's not on contract."

"It is a bit stressful, I've got three kids and I need to put food on the table for my family and I don't know what my future is."

"Every club has spent all their money, I'm hoping that when I walk in soon that there's a contract sitting on the table waiting to get signed because if not I don't know where I'm going to go. I haven't talked to no-one."

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/09/29/3025308.htm?site=sport&section=all

Tahu 'forced to play through pain barrier'

Dual international Timana Tahu claims sacked Parramatta coach Daniel Anderson made him play through a debilitating ankle injury in a bid to save the Eels' NRL season.

In a bitter aftermath to Anderson's sacking from the club following a extraordinary board meeting on Monday night, Tahu said Anderson ignored the wishes of Eels medical staff in forcing the NSW Origin star to battle through the complaint which first surfaced in May.

The Eels struggled to live up to expectations throughout a poor 2010 campaign - preseason premiership favouritism finishing in a disappointing 12th-placed finish.

"I've had it since Country (the City-Country) clash and I've just been restricted, since Country it's just been torture with this ankle and it still hasn't recovered," Tahu said.

"I could have done things better during the season to get back to 100 per cent but we were struggling during the year and Ando wanted players on the field training so it just got worse as we kept on going."

Asked if the injury - which threatens his availability for Australia's Four-Nations campaign - could have been better managed, Tahu said:

"Yeah it could have been but when the coach overrules the physios and the medical staff, it's an uphill battle.

"We just had to listen to what the coach wanted, we were under pressure during the year."

Not surprisingly Tahu backed the board's decision to release Anderson from the final year of his contract, with Melbourne assistant Stephen Kearney the hot tip to get the job ahead of former Cronulla coach Ricky Stuart.

"I support the club and the board 100 per cent," Tahu said.

"Every club wants to be successful and Parramatta needs to think about the future of where Parramatta wants to go and whatever decision they make I support them.

"It's a tough business being in the NRL as a player, I've been in that situation where you're not wanted ... it should go for coaches as well, if you don't perform then you know you're under pressure the same as the players."

Adding to the drama of Tahu's injury predicament is the fact he is off contract at the end of the year after it was revealed his agreement to return to the club following two years in rugby union was only for one season - with a verbal agreement for two more years.

While he has received assurances from chief executive Paul Osborne that his future is secure, Tahu admitted to having some sleepless nights worrying about his plight.

"It is a bit stressful, I've got three kids, I need to put food on the table for my family and I don't know what my future is," Tahu said.

"I was supposed to re-sign in round 10 and I'm still to sign a contract.

"Ozzie's saying everything's fine ... (he's) told me Steve Kearney if he does get the job wants me there which is a positive thing, I'd like to be coached underneath him.

"Every club has spent all their money, I'm hoping that when I walk in soon that there's a contract sitting on the table waiting to get signed because if not I don't know where I'm going to go, I haven't talked to no-one.

"Clubs don't want injured players and especially at my age, coming to the back end of my career, they don't want old, injured players."

Despite being limited to the weights room on Wednesday, Tahu said he was still hopeful of making the final cut-off when the Australian squad was announced on Tuesday.

Snoochies

First Grade
Tahu not shedding tears for Anderson

TIMANA Tahu has lifted the lid on player disenchantment at Parramatta under Daniel Anderson and admitted he was happy the club had shown the coach the door.

Three days after Anderson was punted, Tahu said he was already looking forward to working under Stephen Kearney, the Kiwi coach tipped to ink a deal within days.

Tahu is the first Eels player to speak out about his dissatisfaction with Anderson and he is unlikely to be the last.
He remains off contract at Parramatta - even though he has a verbal agreement with the club until the end of 2012 - and The Daily Telegraph can reveal it was Anderson who did not want to keep the dual international at the club.
"No, I'm not disappointed [he's gone]," Tahu said yesterday, as he joined members of the Four Nations squad at Redfern Oval. "It's a tough business and if I was playing poorly, I'd probably see my way out of there.
"It's the sport we're in, there's no loyalty in this sport - I've been told that by the best coaches in the game.
"I can't speak for the other boys. I think a few of them will be sad because some blokes made their first-grade debuts with him. But it's football.
"I think the board looked into it and they've made the right decision. I support them 100 per cent."
Tahu injured his ankle in the City-Country game earlier this year and claims he was forced to continue training by Anderson. "Since Country it's just been torture with this ankle and it still hasn't recovered," Tahu said.
"I could have done things better during the season to get back to 100 per cent, but we were struggling during the year and 'Ando' wanted players on the field training, so it just got worse."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ars-for-anderson/story-e6frexnr-1225932005199

Snoochies

First Grade
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ars-for-anderson/story-e6frexnr-1225932005199

Tahu not shedding tears for Anderson

TIMANA Tahu has lifted the lid on player disenchantment at Parramatta under Daniel Anderson and admitted he was happy the club had shown the coach the door.

Three days after Anderson was punted, Tahu said he was already looking forward to working under Stephen Kearney, the Kiwi coach tipped to ink a deal within days.

Tahu is the first Eels player to speak out about his dissatisfaction with Anderson and he is unlikely to be the last.
He remains off contract at Parramatta - even though he has a verbal agreement with the club until the end of 2012 - and The Daily Telegraph can reveal it was Anderson who did not want to keep the dual international at the club.
"No, I'm not disappointed [he's gone]," Tahu said yesterday, as he joined members of the Four Nations squad at Redfern Oval. "It's a tough business and if I was playing poorly, I'd probably see my way out of there.
"It's the sport we're in, there's no loyalty in this sport - I've been told that by the best coaches in the game.
"I can't speak for the other boys. I think a few of them will be sad because some blokes made their first-grade debuts with him. But it's football.
"I think the board looked into it and they've made the right decision. I support them 100 per cent."
Tahu injured his ankle in the City-Country game earlier this year and claims he was forced to continue training by Anderson. "Since Country it's just been torture with this ankle and it still hasn't recovered," Tahu said.
"I could have done things better during the season to get back to 100 per cent, but we were struggling during the year and 'Ando' wanted players on the field training, so it just got worse."

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/le...e-eels-if-anderson-stayed-20100929-15xht.html

Tahu reveals: I was ready to leave the Eels if Anderson stayed
Chris Barrett September 30, 2010
PARRAMATTA centre Timana Tahu has left little to the imagination over his fractured relationship with sacked Eels coach Daniel Anderson, saying: ''If you can't say anything good about someone you keep your mouth shut.''
As reported by the Herald yesterday, Tahu confirmed he remained a free agent for next season but said he had been told he was wanted by incoming coach Stephen Kearney.
Anderson was removed from the post by the Parramatta board on Monday, having guided the Eels to the grand final less than 12 months beforehand. Tahu said he backed the board's decision ''100 per cent''. Among the issues he had with Anderson, the 29-year-old dual international said, was the coach's selection of him while he had an ankle injury.
''I don't want to lay the boot into Ando. He's got a family to feed and he's jobless next year at the moment,'' Tahu said. ''For me if you can't say anything good about someone you keep your mouth shut. I'm looking forward now to hopefully Stephen Kearney coming in and being the new Parramatta coach.
''It was something I thought that was going to happen … [the board] are preparing for Parramatta's future. They've got to make sacrifices. The coach had to make sacrifices this year - getting rid of Feleti [Mateo] and [Krisnan] Inu and Kris Keating. So has the club. In getting rid of [Anderson] they're going to bring a really good coach in and hopefully change the season around next year.''

Tahu said his future at the Eels beyond this year, his first in the NRL after a two-year stint in rugby union, had been in doubt all season under Anderson. ''I've been off-contract all year,'' Tahu said. ''I haven't negotiated with not one club, I haven't talked to anyone about it. I've talked to a few friends about it - I've tried to keep a tight lip; everyone knows I try and keep things tight and private.
''I didn't know where my future was. I had to wait until what coach was coming in and then decide my future after that.''

Tahu said an ankle injury suffered in the City-Country match in May could have been better managed by the coach. ''But when the coach overrules the physios and the medical staff, it's an uphill battle,'' he said.
Eels fullback Jarryd Hayne said Anderson had text messaged Parramatta players on Monday informing them of the board's decision.
''It's sad to see him go,'' Hayne said. ''It's obviously unfortunate but that's the way the board has seen it. The players need to worry about playing and performing on the field.
''Ando knows he had the full support of the players but I guess the club were going in a different direction to Ando and that's that.''

strider

Post Whore
''I didn't know where my future was. I had to wait until what coach was coming in and then decide my future after that.''

pretty much confirms Tahu had been told there would be a coaching change at some stage ..... let the cat out of the bag a bit there :lol:

Mickyd39

Juniors
i hope Tahu is not using this as an excuse for his poor season.

I'm really starting to dislike this bloke. Every time he opens his mouth he seems to be whinging about something.

Tahu should talk - if Anderson should get sacked, so should he, based on his performance this year. The odd good game, somehow getting picked for Origin, then his brain explosion in Newy.

If he didn't like Anderson, why did he come back at all? I would prefer we not resign him and keep the money to get Orford or Gower.

Mickyd39

Juniors
Tahu should talk - if Anderson should get sacked, so should he, based on his performance this year. The odd good game, somehow getting picked for Origin, then his brain explosion in Newy.

If he didn't like Anderson, why did he come back at all? I would prefer we not resign him and keep the money to get Orford or Gower.

This

ROGUE

Juniors
T just stfu your starting to be the journos parra go to man when there's issues in the team or club like benny is with the tigers, like campo is with union, like neil harvey is with cricket

strider

Post Whore
i thought they filmed him on the news at the kangaroos train on practice? .... if his ankle still isn't good, why is he there?

Last edited:

Parra

Referee
We are building an entire team of broken down old crocks.

Why single Tahu out?

Gronk

Staff member
He had a dig at his mate Ozzie for promising a contract since May.

Honestly ? My preferred result is

Willie Tonga - Eels
Timana Tahu - Japanese Rugby

Latest posts