What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anderson made me play with injury: Tahu

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Tahu has been Hopeless for a few years,first in union and now at Parra,this isn't the Newcastle Knights version of Timana Tahu we are talking about,we have to rate him on current form and not the past.

Current form says he is hopeless.

Djay

Juniors
Tahu has been Hopeless for a few years,first in union and now at Parra,this isn't the Newcastle Knights version of Timana Tahu we are talking about,we have to rate him on current form and not the past.

Wouldn't call it hopeless I'd call it unlucky,frustrating,stupid but not hopeless. Anyway over arguing about obviously not gonna agree.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't disagree, Haynetrain. This year he hasn't played well.

Seems like he was side-tracked by off-field issues or something.

I could be wrong but I expect him to get back to his best in 2011. New coach, a year of league under his belt...I think he'll be right.

parra_jesus

Juniors
i thought tahu was signed on a back loaded contract ? this is great if he is only has a verbal agreement. i say , like all of you that we either dont re-sign him at all or sign him on bare minimum. i understand he is not a 100 percent but he has really shown his true colours over the last few years. he is not the sort of person i want at our club. i have no time for tahu at all.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I have to give him credit for trying to be inspirational though,he does try his best to lift his team with his attempted big hits.

At least he is trying to be effective i suppose.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Well that's just it. Hadley did not state that Mateo had made any allegation. In fact he said that there was no truth in it.

He simply said that it was the Boards intention to "imply" that there was one so as to induce a resignation by Ando.

If that's true and the board did make that ultimatum to Ando, surely thats blackmail? Would our board do that?

Feleti denied and the club denied that there was any truth to it...

Im assuming that was in the statement the club sent out. I dont think Iv read that, is there a copy of it somewhere?

DeanPay98

Juniors
I like Tahu and I get that he wants to do his best for the Eels. Tahu did have his moments this year. But he wasn't great overall.

I supported his stance against Andrew Johns's comments.

But Tahu has done two things that I strongly disagree with. The first was his conduct during the Newcastle game when he could have seriously injured somebody. His getting suspended didn't help the Eels.

The second is kicking Daniel Anderson when he is down. Maybe DA doesn't have the people skills, but he obviously has a football brain. DA couldn't have forced Tahu to play, but he might have made it difficult for Tahu to say no. But then, we didn't really see Tahu limping this year. At any rate, if Tahu's injury was pre-existing then shouldn't he accept less money to compensate for the reduced performance? I agree that Tahu needs to rehabilitate his ankle and play as close to full strength as possible. But kicking DA at this time is just gutless.

Until now, I have not spoken on what has happened to our club recently.

I too , wish Timana would stay out of the limelight, and just get on with what he is ment to be doing - representing our club & playing footy.

However, what I would put to everyone who supports our club is: Had we not gone through the amazing winning run last year, that was very much attributable to one J Hayne - would everyone still be giving Daniel Anderson the support that he currently enjoys?

Whilst I think the way that it was handled was poor, I dont know if the ultimate decision was incorrect.

I know personally, I was feeling like we were headed for the spoon at different times last year. This year, I started with much anticipation(like many others) and were left feeling empty.

What Jarryd Hayne did last year, was freakish, and as much as I want to believe it was a team thing, I can help but reflect, and believe that it was ultimately because of him & not so much the other players or coach.

I dont know if a change in coach will fix our on field issues, but, we certainly need something.

If we had not made the 8 last year, and again not making the 8 this year, I truly believe people's attitude to this whole thing would be different - and we would be seeing many more posts, agreeing that the board made the correct decision.

Im not defending him - but, it is a bit hard to show anything, when the ball doesnt make it past the 5/8th!

DeanPay98

Juniors
North Shore I kind of agree with you. But I think the rot for us started in 2008 under Hagan. The problem wasn't fixed then.

The 2009 run probably obscured the major problems we had at halfback and hooker. DA's main real failing might have been to not get a halfback and to have let Kingston go. But though those were bad things, it doesn't appear that he had control over recruitment.

Even recruiting Tahu might have been a bad idea. Tahu was bought when Inu was playing well in late 2009. When Tahu came in Inu lost his place and his form fell. In a performance sport confidence is everything. And if what Tahu is saying is correct, Inu might have been thinking that "DA prefers an injured Tahu over me." That might explain Inu's attitude, form and departure to the Warriors.

But if so, that a problem that wasn't solely caused by DA.

DA got some good work out of Gualavo and Lowrie. He got us a very good forward pack.

So I'd still be backing DA regardless.

Eelementary

Post Whore

I too , wish Timana would stay out of the limelight, and just get on with what he is ment to be doing - representing our club & playing footy.

However, what I would put to everyone who supports our club is: Had we not gone through the amazing winning run last year, that was very much attributable to one J Hayne - would everyone still be giving Daniel Anderson the support that he currently enjoys?

Whilst I think the way that it was handled was poor, I dont know if the ultimate decision was incorrect.

I know personally, I was feeling like we were headed for the spoon at different times last year. This year, I started with much anticipation(like many others) and were left feeling empty.

What Jarryd Hayne did last year, was freakish, and as much as I want to believe it was a team thing, I can help but reflect, and believe that it was ultimately because of him & not so much the other players or coach.

I dont know if a change in coach will fix our on field issues, but, we certainly need something.

If we had not made the 8 last year, and again not making the 8 this year, I truly believe people's attitude to this whole thing would be different - and we would be seeing many more posts, agreeing that the board made the correct decision.

I would. For a number of reasons:

(1) He brought class like Tahu, Poore and Shackleton to the club. Big name signings.

(2) I'm a big believer of the creed that you cannot build a dynasty as a coach in under three years. You have to get rid of dead wood, get new blood in and implement structure. It cannot happen in less than three years - it just can't. Unless your roster is already decent. Ours wasn't, really.

I am now really excited at the prospect of Kearney. I don't know why, but there is something about the man that makes me think he'll be a good fit for us.

But I don't agree with the way it was all handled.

Eelementary

Post Whore

I would. For a number of reasons:

(1) He brought class like Tahu, Poore and Shackleton to the club. Big name signings.

(2) I'm a big believer of the creed that you cannot build a dynasty as a coach in under three years. You have to get rid of dead wood, get new blood in and implement structure. It cannot happen in less than three years - it just can't. Unless your roster is already decent. Ours wasn't, really.

I am now really excited at the prospect of Kearney. I don't know why, but there is something about the man that makes me think he'll be a good fit for us.

But I don't agree with the way it was all handled.

Springs

First Grade

Those points are completely irrelevant. The fact is, we DID make the top 8 last year, we DID make the Grand Final, we are currently in the record books as finishing second to no one in 2009, and Daniel Anderson WAS the coach. It doesn't matter how many 'ifs, buts or maybes' you want to ask, the run last year happened, and it would not have happened if Anderson was a bad coach.
And in no way can it all be contributed to Hayne. It WAS a team thing, I didn't see Hayne make every run and every tackle and score every try. If it was all Hayne last year, then he obviously played much, much worse this year.

Of course people's attitudes would be different if we finished 14th and 12th, but we didn't, we finished runners-up and 12th. Big difference. If you start using 'if we didn't win those games...' I can start using 'if we won those games this year everyone would agree Anderson should still be here'.

As it is, many fans believe the board made the wrong decision, as does our captain.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

I know why. Because he's tall and he's got a big face.

Having spent all my adult life in alpha-male environments, I can tell you that tall men with big faces command respect from lesser men, regardless of intelligence or ability.

The deep baritone of a tall man with a big face inspires courage and confidence in his subordinates. I think Kearney will turn out to be a great motivator. Anderson did always seem a bit flabby, which is a poor look for a supposed leader.

I too am excited about Kearney coming to the club.

Latest posts